My boyfriend and I wanted to plan a romantic weekend getaway during peak foliage season and came across Garden Gables Inn while further researching a story about their sister apple orchard (Hilltop Orchards) on NBC's today show.
We were impressed with the lengths to which the owners went to ensure a pleasant stay--
1) When we first arrived in the Berkshires, we made a stop at their winery/orchards and enjoyed wine tasting (Free for guests at Garden Gables and all purchases 10% off) and the most delicious apple cider donuts ever!
2) We then checked into our room and we were delighted with Pam's welcoming and warm greeting. I asked her if she knew of any shoe stores in the area because I forgot to pack sneakers for apple picking in the hilltops and she offered me her own (brand new) tennis shoes. She insisted that I use her shoes rather than purchase a new pair just for the weekend and she even said it'd be great if I broke them in for her.
3) Our room was fantastic-- though a next door neighbor had quite the snoring problem which kept my boyfriend up our first night.. We mentioned it to one of the B&B staff over breakfast, and the owners immediately offered to move us to another room (which was actually an upgrade-- but charged us the same price).
4) Breakfast is amazing! We had wonderful ham, an assortment of fruits, pastries, and basically a full continental spread-- in addition to a menu with omelets, waffles, pancakes, eggs, etc for free.
5) We had so much fun apple picking and enjoying the beautiful views. We also liked their freshly made apple cider which we had next to their great fireplace at the winery
6) Location is great -- right next to all the best restaurants down town-- we'd highly recommend Nudel for anyone interested in fresh, organic, locally grown, seasonal food prepared uniquely-- very delicious.
7) Staff was very helpful and nice-- even at the winery, they offered suggestions on entertainment in the area and good restaurants. We saw a Shakespeare and Co production -- Hound of the Baskervilles-- a lot of fun.
8) They offered to let us use their personal fridge to keep our take-out fresh, and even offered to warm it up for us and bring it to our rooms.
9) The apples were incredible! So many varieties. We picked a bushel and made 4 of the best apple pies we and our friends ever tasted and 2 yummy apple crisps.
10) If you go in the summer, you can use their pool as well which looked large enough to get in some good morning laps. They also have great trails in the area if you enjoy hiking and the owners can tell you exactly where the best trails are.
11) They even have aperitifs (sherry and other port wines) out all day in their living room for you to enjoy. Also, complimentary cookies, apples, cider, tea, and other beverages are available in their kitchen to guests at all times.
**If you're looking to stay in the Berkshires, you definitely want to book your stay at Garden Gables Inn. My boyfriend and I will definitely go back!**
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historic Bed and Breakfast Country Inn, updated with 4-star amenities and personalized, professional service. Set back on five quiet and landscaped acres, yet just steps from the shops and restaurants of historic Lenox Village. Your breakfast, which is included, features many local and organic foods, private seating, professional waitstaff, cooked to order breakfast favorites of your choice, complemented by fresh fruit, baked goods and other items on our extensive buffet. Pamper yourself with a massage or facial in the dedicated spa treatment rooms; swim in the 70-foot heated pool (June-mid Sept). All guest rooms have private baths, AC, spa robes, Aveda products, LCD TVs, DVD players and iPod clock radios. Free WiFi throughout the Inn and grounds. Homemade chocolate chip cookies, beverages and afternoon sherry are included, as is free wine-tasting at Furnace Brook Winery at Hilltop Orchards, in nearby Richmond. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz and T4B so you can book your Garden Gables Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Garden Gables Hotel Lenox