“LOOK NO FURTHER - BERKSHIRE PARADISE!” 5 of 5 stars

Enjoy your 3rd night free
Ranked #2 of 24 Lenox B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
New Orleans, Louisiana
“LOOK NO FURTHER - BERKSHIRE PARADISE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

My husband and I spent five nights at Garden Gables Inn and loved every moment! Charming, quaint, quiet, peaceful, beautiful grounds within a block's walking distance to Lenox's main square - yet with ALL the modern amenties - Wi-Fi, flat screen TV's and absolutely the best complimentary breakfast you'll find. We splurged and had the French Toast and Pancakes almost every morning! And the pool is a a total luxury for this area...each afternoon after visiting museums and mansions or shopping, we would perch on our chaise lounges with umbrellas and an ice bucket and sip on Irish Whiskey while reading, napping or swimming. Or, we'd sit on the adirondack lounge chairs with the cool breezes whispering in the trees and we'd listen to the birds singing. The staff is absolutely so professional and friendly and willing to help with any requests - even our 6:45am request for a pot of coffee! The owner John stopped by every day at breakfast to chat with his guests and make sure everyone was having a great time. We visited some of the other "more expensive" resorts in the area and found them very pretentious - Garden Gables is a nice little slice of heaven and you'll love it!

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the four newer units/suites built in a side house to the main house...very quiet...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

Spent two nights at the Garden Gables, which had been recommended by a friend as his favorite place in Lenox. Friendly staff, quiet atmosphere, very nice room. Breakfast, as noted by many, was excellent. I do like to swim in the mornings while traveling, and the pool is unique - large, plenty of room for laps, and apparently one of the oldest (but well-maintained) outdoor pools in the Berkshires. I'd certainly return for another stay.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
shrewsbury, ma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

My husband and I stayed here over Memorial Day weekend. We were expecting the world after all the great reviews so maybe that jaded us a bit. The inn is nice but I have definitely stayed at nicer places in the area. I will say it was extremely private. We rarely saw anyone, guests or staff. The breakfasts were good. We did enjoy those. The common areas are nice. I really felt that our room was a bit small and dull for the price. We spent the weekend tripping over our bags because space was a bit tight. I'm a bit of a clean freak and the dust in the room was surprising. the headboard of the bed had not been touched in quite a while. The phone in the room was dusty as was the A/C vent. The inn did have some nice features but overall for the price I think I'll go back to one of the other places that we've stayed in Lenox.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

Excellent location and first rate service. This is my place of choice in Lennox.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Garden Gables Inn this June for 1 night. We hadn't booked in advance but the innkeeper was able to accommodate us. We had a lovely & spotlessly clean room. The inn is also within walking distance of Lenox centre. The breakfast was also very good - lots of choice & delicious. I would certainly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
South Orange, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

This is a wonderful and well run bed and breakfast. My wife and I felt very much at home though a combination of staff attentiveness and the cozy, comfortable atmosphere of the well kept inn. I enjoyed the nightly offerings of sherry and fresh baked cookies. The breakfast meals were well prepared --don't pass up the Apple strudel French toast. I even got to enjoy the swimming pool which is large enough to swim laps. The innkeeper (Denise) was very helpful in identifying places to eat and items of interest. I am working with Denise to set up a special fall weekend tour for my book club. I will include visits to Berkshire literary sites including the homes of Melville, Hawthorne and Edith Wharton. (All are nearby.)

Room Tip: I am a Berkshire County native and especially appreciate its Lenox location. The Inn is well situat...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Hamden, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

The Garden Gables Inn in the Berkshires in western MA is a wonderful spot to get away and relax in a peaceful luxury. The rooms are spotless & spacious for an older establishment. The staff went above and beyond surpassing our expectations. Don't miss the chocolate cookies or the afternoon sherry! Thanks Denise, Heather and the rest of the Garden Gables crew for making our stay so enjoyable.

• Stayed June 2012

Been to Garden Gables Inn? Share your experiences!