“If you want cheaper than most places in the area, this fits the bill” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Wagon Wheel Motel

Save Saved
You added Wagon Wheel Motel to your Saves list
Wagon Wheel Motel
Wagon Wheel Motel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   484 Pittsfield Road, Lenox, MA 01240   |
Ranked #7 of 15 hotels in Lenox
Boston
“If you want cheaper than most places in the area, this fits the bill”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

It's not fancy, but it wasn't dirty either. The owners were very nice. The location is on the highway, but it was not noisy (we had a room in the back). It's just minutes from Lenox, where all the cultural attractions are.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

30 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Providence, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

This hotel do not provide many basic amenities required for modern travellers. Hotel room was not so clean. Moreover hotel is very expensive when you compare to the amenities offered here. We jumped in to this hotel after reading good reviews but it was not worth paying $ 45 for the dirty room without basic amenities.

Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
WagonWheel808, Manager at Wagon Wheel Motel, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We apologize that the room did not meet your needs. We would have gladly refunded your money if you have notified us at that time. We thrive to ensure cleanliness of our rooms and again apologize that you did not have a pleasant stay.

-Management
Albuquerque, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Nothing fancy, no amenities, but it's decent enough. A really weird thing was that the office was the size of a small closet, intensely hot, and smelled like curry. But other than that, it was fine.

Room Tip: If you're in town to do the memorial day marathon, stay here. The marathon isn't that great...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Northfield, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I have traveled all along the eastern part of the country and have stayed in many motels. This was very quaint, inexpensive and most important of all very comfortable for my short stay. It was a very good value and suited my needs for a quick weekend getaway. It was central to all the great atrractions and the owners were great. I was there at the same time a young couple were off to a wedding and the car would not start. I was thinking of offering a ride, bujt did not know the area really well and was a little timid. Before I got a chance to make the offer the owners helped out the young couple. I enjoyed my stay and felt very safe in this environment. The room was clean and I got a good night's sleep which doesn't always happoen in a motel. There was nothing fancy, but almost felt like home for the two nights i stayed. Not bad considering I paid for two nights much less than I would have thought possible...less than I paid for one night in other places where my comfort was an issue. I also enjoyed sitting out at the picnic tables in the back enjoying my coffee.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

My fiance and I were traveling out to Lenox, MA, from Boston for our friends' wedding. Clearly, it was an important occasion, but what made it even more important was that my fiance had the duty of playing solo guitar for the wedding ceremony.

We booked a room at the Wagon Wheel because, although it was right across the street from the hotel where most wedding guests were staying, it was much more inexpensive.
The woman who greeted us was very polite and we quickly got checked in. This is not a super fancy hotel, but the motel room was very neat and clean, complete with a fridge (gotta have cold snacks and beer on vacation!) and a microwave. It was quiet and we had a ton of privacy.

Hours after check-in, we got ready for the wedding, tuned up the guitars, and headed out to the car to drive to the ceremony. Our Jeep wouldn't start!! My fiance tried and tried to get the car to turn over while I frantically called friends, family and taxis for a ride. To no avail, I even called a nearby limo service. No one was available to drive us and we had to be at the church in ten minutes! The owner of the motel, who had just pulled into the parking lot, saw us struggling and asked if we needed a ride!
Not only did this nice man give a ride to complete strangers, but also he offered to come back to get us if need be. On top of it all, the next day after we had already checked out, he let us store our expensive music equipment in one of the rooms until the tow truck picked up the Jeep and our ride arrived.
Amazing. I definitely recommend this place for anyone staying in the Lenox area.

Room Tip: if you want to have more privacy and get away from the main street, book room 12 or 14
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Syracuse, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

The clerk at check-in was professional. The room was mostly clean. There was mold starting to grow on the shower curtain. For a one-night stay it was fine. The room was very small. Old appliances. An even older TV. We stayed in a room with two double beds which was situated towards the back of the property so we didn't hear the traffic.There were numerous "unsavory" characters staying there. I felt uncomfortable and made sure the windows were locked and even put a chair and the cooler in front of the door. The WiFi was slow. It was okay for what we paid. We paid $55 including tax.

Room Tip: Ask for a double room in the back.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Fredericton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

For $50 and the name "wagon wheel, with a white cement horse out front, we were sceptical ... I have never stayed in a motel this "cheap"... but after reading trip advisor reviews we decided to give it a try.

It was fine...room was clean, king size bed was very comfortable. TV was old..but had cable, -- nothing fancy. Staff was friendly ... I went to the small office for coffee a little late, the manager said he would brew me some...called my room it 5 minutes for coffee. Next door is a very good Irish pub and some shopping across street and a wine store within a block.

We would stay again... a great stop-over on a trip.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Wagon Wheel Motel? Share your experiences!