“A Wonderful Wedding Weekend at Elm Court” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Elm Court

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lenox
Elm Court
Save Saved
You added Elm Court to your Saves list
310 Old Stockbridge Rd, Lenox, MA 01240   |
Ranked #11 of 24 Lenox B&B and Inns
Boston, MA
“A Wonderful Wedding Weekend at Elm Court”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

From the planning logistics to the actual weekend details to the onsite staff--our wedding experience with Elm Court was incredible. The venue was absolutely breathtaking and created the PERFECT place to throw the "best wedding ever." And that's not us being arrogant... that's according to all our friends and family. :)

We could not be happier that we chose Elm Court. The very unique ambiance and venue created such a special weekend for us, our families, the wedding party, and guests. We'll never forget it.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Westchester, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

We arrived at the luxurious Elm Court, a Vanderbilt Mansion and stayed in the great Berle room. When we arrived we were created by our hostess with a warmth that was so inviting. The great hall had a giant fireplace which immediately warmed us of the outside chilly air. Our hostess was friendly and so informative. We started a fire and snuggled in before exploring the mansion. The rate for the room was economically priced and considering the luxury it was a pleasant surprise. The breakfast the next day was lift fare but quite tasteful. Our stay in Lenox was so romantic and we wish to thank the owners and staff of the beautiful Elm Court Estate.

Room Tip: The Berle Room is on the first floor and you are free of any sounds of the other guests. What a roma...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

My husband and I spent a lovely weekend here. The hotel is gorgeous, with a wonderful library and beautiful grounds. I'm especially grateful to the proprietors, who express-mailed me my cell phone at no charge when I left it at the hotel. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: There are many different kinds of rooms. We stayed in a small room near a game room, which would be...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Providence, RI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

Intimate Opulence.
Elm Court was once the summer home of Emily Vanderbilt when Lenox was a gilded age playground for moguls and socialites. This stunning, yet petite estate is quite understated when you compare it with other Vanderbilt properties like Biltmore and the Newport mansions and that's exactly what makes it so accessible.

Where to begin? The rooms are all individually decorated with period antiques, (some even original to the house) and feature striking architectural details. Even the smallest room is airy and spacious. The suites are just plain decadent. The common rooms include a spectacularly adorned library with an eclectic collection of books on every topic imaginable,an all glass conservatory that overlooks the mountains and a truly awesome, enormous, walk-in fireplace in the foyer where we sat at night drinking wine and toasting marshmellows. You also have full access to the estate kitchen where we cooked dinner one night. Finally, the estate is surrounded by woods through which there are many trails and paths, several which lead down to a beautiful lake.

The managers are incomparable. Amy and Les (married couple) live on the grounds and attend to every last detail with grace and sincerity. We came with our 5 month old daughter for whom they provided a Pack n Play and a rocking chair in the room. Amy also booked a babysitter for us to have a date night. (Unfortunately our daughter got sick and we had to cancel.) I wish I could say that we were special, but I suspect that they make everyone feel like instant family.

Elm Court does not feel like a hotel. There is no check in desk, no valet, no spa. I find this to be part of what makes the experience so singular. At Elm Court, you don't visit a Vanderbilt estate, you live in one. The website is not as sophisticated as you would expect from a property of this caliber, but don't be fooled. From the decadent treats (procured from a local chocolatier) left on your pillow at turn down, to the all organic breakfast and eco-friendly toiletries, Elm Court is all about the details.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

We just had our wedding at the Elm Court Estate on December 17th, 2011. My husband and I (and all of our friends and guests!) can't say enough good things about the venue! It is a beautiful estate with the most warm, accomodating staff and management!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Waterbury, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

Let me begin by saying that all the complimentary things said in previous posts about Les, the general manager, are absolutely true-- a warm, gracious host who made us feel very comfortable and welcome. Thank you for that! As far as the property, if you're looking for an ultra modern "chic" resort with no "flaws," then this place isn't for you. But, if you are looking to be taken back to an era long past, and surrounded in the history & true elegance of the gilded age, then book this place immediately. To put things in perspective, we're talking about a property 100+ years old that was fairly recently rennovated after 50 years of neglect and vandalism. There's a wall displaying numerous "before" photos, and the transformation to its current state is VERY impressive. The building, which I would describe as a type of castle, is very well restored, and while it isn't "spotless," it is gorgeous in its own right, tranquil, relaxing, warm, inviting, and in a beautiful location overlooking the Berkshire mountains and a lake. The view must be breathtaking during foliage season. I was hooked the moment I entered and saw a raging fire in a monstrous fireplace located in the lobby. Les said we could've roasted marsmallows in there, but it was large enough to roast a pig!!!! I felt like I walked into the Great Gatsby or "stately Wayne manor." We stayed in the Sloane Suite-a very large, elegantly appointed room with a comfortable king sized bed, wood burning fireplace, in suite bathroom with jacuzzi tub, couch, and small dinner table with 2 chairs. There was even another small bed in the room presumably for a child. We explored pretty much the entire mansion, and I think viewed all of the rooms. I would definitely recommend any of the suites as my top choices. The Vanderbilt suite, in particular, is absolutely magnificent, and I plan to stay there next time. Even the smallest room was very nice and appeared comfortable, but not all of the non-suites had private baths. Guests are given free run of the huge kitchen for storing food/drink, and even preparing meals if one so desired. We had no interest in leaving the property, and brought food which we ate in our suite in front of a fire. There's even a small room on the third level which had ping pong and air hockey tables. There was very interesting furniture and accent pieces throughout, giving the place a very elegant, tasteful, and subtlely upscale atmosphere. I wouldn't necessarily recommend this place for children. BUT, Elm Court is a PERFECT choice for a short romantic getaway, and I can also see it as being an outstanding location for a special event such as a wedding. I'm by no means a "world traveler," but I have pretty high standards for when I do go away. Elm Court overall exceeded my expectations. I would unreservedly recommend the place, particularly the suites, for people who want to live in a fantasy world for a brief period, and can overlook a few small flaws related to the age of the building. We definitely will be there again!!!!

Room Tip: I would definitely recommend any of the suites.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

It's a pity the ratings only go to excellent. I would rate their service beyond excellent. Les and everyone working there are exceptionally nice and accomodating. Never had such an experience. Usually when staying in a hotel the atmosphere is kind of formal. Well, at Elm Court we were made to feel like this was our home and everyone was working for us. The rooms are new, beautiful, and immaculate. Couldn't have asked for a better place to stay.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Elm Court? Share your experiences!