“Post Visit” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 59 Restaurants in Lenox
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: A fine restaurant in the Berkshires is not hard to come by. But in searching for a venue that combines superb food, historical ambiance, exemplary service, and modern designer class you will invariably arrive at the county's newest offering, here in center of Lenox.Drawing inspiration from legendary restaurants in renowned hotels, you will enjoy our newly restored dining room that evokes memories of a grand parlor. Find us inside the Kemble Inn, but with a name and identity all its own.Linger over cocktails on the covered veranda, where the sprawling view is yours to enjoy. Share a romantic dinner or entertain colleagues at the center table, which happens to be the restaurant's namesake. Savor the pleasures of dining on world-class locally-inspired dishes. Begin your own weekly tradition.To our friends and guests who have dined already with us: we'll see you again soon. To those we've yet had the pleasure to serve: welcome. We invite you to discover us as your new favorite restaurant.
Franklin, Tennessee
“Post Visit”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

We made advance reservations and arrived to find the restaurant almost vacant - only one other couple dining inside and a couple outside. We stayed, ordered and for the most part enjoyed our experience. The service was lacking completely - kept being approached by our server for instant decisions - maybe she was hoping for an early exit that evening and we ruined her plans? The food and wine were OK, but something is not exactly right - they clearly need more business and we thought that it would have been very busy. We would not go again if in town.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
ScottShortt, Owner at Table Six Restaurant, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
We are very sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations and hope that you re-consider and dine here again. I will share your observations with the staff so that we can strive for improvement. It is so important - and sometimes difficult - to get a sense on how each customer would like to pace their dining experience. I appreciate your taking the opportunity to share this with us and I invite you to contact my office if you do return. I hope you give us another chance.

Massachusetts
“Elegant Yet Relaxed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

My positive experience began when I called for a reservation and the very pleasant gentleman who answered the phone didn't simply tell me they were booked but helpfully suggested an alternative that worked for us even better! We were seated in a comfortable table and the staff couldn't have been more solicitous and accommodating. The food was great - not everyone agreed it was the best in the area but we all agreed the overall dining experience was! We would definitely return!

Visited May 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“A Flawless Company Event at Table Six”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

I was able to host a company dinner for over 50 employees here and it was a huge success. My group was staying at another resort for an offsite and my manager wanted to have a dinner off that resort. I’m so glad I choose Table Six. They were outstanding from menu selection, assigned seating, and wine suggestions. We did a cocktail and appetizer hour followed by a plated dinner paired with wine. First, I want to say that the food was just amazing. I personally had the filet mignon and it was perfect, their appetizers were also a hit with my group, from a lobster tart, to a jumbo shrimp and a big hit believe it or not was the deviled eggs. I received nothing but compliments from all my employees on the food.

Now, besides the food let me tell you about their service. Because I had more than a few snags that night. Well, they could have been snags but the staff handled them and handled them well.

One, there was a Bruins playoff game and I had my managers frazzled they wouldn’t be able to see it during the actual dinner. But the staff made sure that the channel came in and I had my managers seated in the room with the TV, huge disaster Number One averted.

Second, I had a certain employee who went to the host and said she needed a room with a speaker phone for a conference call she needed to do right then. By the time I knew my employee did this without informing me first, the staff had already taken care of it. Disaster Number 2 was averted.

And lastly, the other item I found out after the fact, was that during dinner, one of my coworkers got an upsetting call from a hospital, one of the staff members of Table Six found my coworker outside crying. I found out from this coworker, that the staff member showed her such kindness, hugged her, brought her tissues and then brought her inside to the Inn, and found her an empty room she could stay in until she had collected herself. Wow, talk about going above and beyond. And little old me, who coordinated the event, didn’t find out about this until after the fact, because I was too busy enjoying myself. I don’t think I’ve ever had so much go awry but didn’t stress about it one bit. So please do not hesitate to book Table Six for your next company event or wedding. They will treat you like family and make sure you are well taken care of. For my part, I’m really hoping my company will be going back to Lenox next year so we can visit them again. To everyone at the Table Six Restaurant, Owners, Chef and Staff, you did a fantastic job and you are all genuinely kind and considerate people. I wish you all future success. You more than deserve it.

Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey
“Excellent from start to finish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

We had a super dinner here. From beginning to end it was first rate. The dessert was delicate and perfectly flavored. Usually the dessert is where the restaurants drop the ball but not here.
Excellent. Also a very romantic atmosphere and wonderful view.

Langhorne, Pennsylvania
“Best meal of the whole week”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Maybe it was because it was still off season, and we were one of only two tables for dinner, but this chef really knows how to prepare a fabulous meal! This is probably as close as we will get to having a private chef cook for us, and we savored every morsel. Go before sunset to enjoy the mountain view. Service was excellent, and topped off by a tour of the Kemble Inn, which looks like a great place to sleep off the meal. Prix fixe dinner, if offered during the high season was only $37.00. There was a butternut risotto that was outstanding, and an excellent salmon dish. We will definitely be back - this is worth a drive.

• Visited April 2014