“Attentive service and average sushi” 4 of 5 stars
Review of jae's asian bistro

jae's asian bistro
55 Pittsfield Lenox Road, Routes 7 and 20, Lenox, MA
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #28 of 59 Restaurants in Lenox
Cuisines: Sushi, Thai, Korean, Asian fusion
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Award-winning Pan-Asian cuisine, including Sushi, Pad Thai, and Korean specialties.
Boston, MA
“Attentive service and average sushi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Arrived after 8PM and was persuaded by hostess to sit in the bar area. Was a slow night and weather was miserable. There appeared to be an issue with what was ordered versus what was delivered at the table behind us. After the initial greet, the server took 10 minutes to return but that was OK with us as the menu is quite extensive. OK vegetable dumplings and great korean ribs appetizer. Ordered 5 different sushi rolls and none were really deserving of above average praise. When in the area again, likely make the track to Pittsfield to a location on North Street that was previously in direct competition with Jae's. Service and sushi was far superior to that experienced on this visit.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Stoughton, Massachusetts
“Yummmmmyyyy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

My husband and I escaped to the Berkshires for a couple nights. We love Asian food, so we thought this was perfect for our first night there. I got Pad-Thai and my husband got a pork soup (sorry I forget the name) Both our dishes were delicious. He had a couple drinks with dinner (not me, Im pregnant!) and he was very happy with them as well. The decor is awesome.

Visited January 2013
Monterey, MA
“Lunch Was A Real Disappointment”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We had previously enjoyed dinner at Jae's in Pittsfield and so were looking forward to lunch at Jae's Asian Bistro which sits directly on Rte. 7 in Lenox Commons, just north of town. First impressions were favorable; ownership has done a good job of re-decorating off of the prior restaurant's decor; and the staff was welcoming. Our waiter was knowledgeable and both efficient and friendly from beginning to end. Prices are a bit on the high side but not outrageous. The only flaw? The food was dreadful. My spouse had a vegetable/mushroom stir-fry. It was barely edible mush. I ordered a bento-box sushi: the sushi did not appear to be fresh; some of the sides were mushy; another one was unidentifiable; and the only good thing was the salad -- the lettuce was really fresh and crispy. To start, my spouse and I shared an order of the fried shrimp shumai, which was actually pretty good. What followed, however, was inexcusably bad.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Lenox, Massachusetts
“Yay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

In my opinion, this is the best place for Sushi in our area.The service was great,the foos impeccable and very well priced. Best bang for your buck! Highly recommended

Visited December 2012
Pittsfield,MA
“Surprisingly good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

There's a new Asian food contender in Berkshire County. It has been open about 6 months; and It doesn't have the "vibe" of Great Barrington, but the food I had was surprisingly good. Several weeks ago I stopped in for a snack on the weekend and endied up ordering one of the approx. seven Bento box offerings in my case, with chicken teriyaki as the main dish. Everything in the box was good tasting including two kinds of salads and shumai and one piece of sushi and more. Also, you may want to know that from 4-6 everyday, sushi is half price!
A week or so later on a weekday, I had dinner there with my husband and asked to have shrimp in a dish substituted for the scallops that were supposed to be included but that I am allergic to. No problem I was told and the shrimp that came were crisp and very tasty. Service was a little slow as the bar area was crowded. Also I would suggest that you avoid the tables against the windows as you will be feeling chilled in the winter.

• Visited November 2012