“Yay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of jae's asian bistro

jae's asian bistro
55 Pittsfield Lenox Road, Routes 7 and 20, Lenox, MA
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #31 of 59 Restaurants in Lenox
Cuisines: Sushi, Korean, Thai, Asian fusion
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Award-winning Pan-Asian cuisine, including Sushi, Pad Thai, and Korean specialties.
Lenox, Massachusetts
“Yay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

In my opinion, this is the best place for Sushi in our area.The service was great,the foos impeccable and very well priced. Best bang for your buck! Highly recommended

Visited December 2012

Pittsfield,MA
“Surprisingly good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

There's a new Asian food contender in Berkshire County. It has been open about 6 months; and It doesn't have the "vibe" of Great Barrington, but the food I had was surprisingly good. Several weeks ago I stopped in for a snack on the weekend and endied up ordering one of the approx. seven Bento box offerings in my case, with chicken teriyaki as the main dish. Everything in the box was good tasting including two kinds of salads and shumai and one piece of sushi and more. Also, you may want to know that from 4-6 everyday, sushi is half price!
A week or so later on a weekday, I had dinner there with my husband and asked to have shrimp in a dish substituted for the scallops that were supposed to be included but that I am allergic to. No problem I was told and the shrimp that came were crisp and very tasty. Service was a little slow as the bar area was crowded. Also I would suggest that you avoid the tables against the windows as you will be feeling chilled in the winter.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Never returning”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

I came for dinner with a group of family. Our waiter was wonderful! Very imformative and knew all about the menu. We ordered some spring rolls which were wrapped in rice paper. Disgusting. Strong cilantro flavor. We also ordered the korean fried chicken app. (KFC) and it was so overcooked and dry I almost choked. I ordered pineapple fried rice for my meal. The rice was very thick and pasty, I was expecting a light rice I suppose. The portions are huge and everything was very hot when it all came out. This food is definitely an aquired taste!!! Very nice staff though!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Greenfield, Massachusetts
“A Plus for Asian Cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

A coworker of mine spent all week talking about the Spicy Korean Pork at Jae's Asian Bistro. I just had to try it for myself. Honestly...this is one of the best asian dishes I have ever eaten in my life. Sweet and spicy tender slices of pork, accompanied by crisp, vibrant veggies, and a steaming bowl of rice. Beautifully plated. Loved the long acrylic black chopsticks. Definitely a step up from the splintery wooden ones you get at most places. The heat wasn't enough for me, but our server gladly remedied that with a cup of super hot chili sauce. Perfect. We showed up for an early lunch, were cheerfully greeted and seated immediately. The service was friendly and fast. The portion was big and I ended up taking the leftovers with me...which I happily ate for dinner the same day. The menu is HUGE...Thai, Korean, Japanese, Chinese...lots of sushi choices as well. If I wasn't so focused on the Spicy Korean Pork I would have had a hard time picking something to eat. I can't wait to go back and try something else out. Maybe I will just have the Spicy Korean Pork again. I think I am going to dream about that dish. The atmosphere, service, and the food all show an extra touch. This is really good stuff.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“Three Great Visits”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Funny, another restaurant across the parking lot was recommended by our hotel but we chose to stop at jae's instead and we are glad we did. We did not order sushi or any of the dishes reviewers have criticized. We did order what appealed to us and what our excellent waiter recommended on our first visit. We all were happy with our choices, the service (including impeccable timing -- guess he was friends with the folks in the kitchen) and the value. We had plenty to take-away and that food was packed with precision and care. Our next visit was only for take-away and we ordered some of the items that we were so pleased with when we dined in. Our third visit was dine-in. This time we did not have an A+ server but given that we now knew the menu and what we wished to try and to repeat it didn't much matter. We WILL visit Jae's again when in the area.

Visited October 2012