“Kripalu in the Berkshires” 5 of 5 stars

Activities: Leisure education
Attraction Details
Greenfield, Massachusetts
4 attraction reviews
“Kripalu in the Berkshires”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My first trip to kripalu was a surprise. I expected top notch yoga classes and well cooked nutritional food, but not a rich smorgasbord of classes all day and into the evening. One can choose from cooking classes, the latest research on nutrition, drumming, meditation, healing arts and various forms of meditative practices, ayurvedic medicine, and music. The R and R schedule changes daily. The grounds are gorgeous even during mud season and offer private walks or guided hikes. This is a nurturing destination for single female travelers. It is both easy and comfortable to be quietly alone or easy to meet lovely people.

Visited March 2013

College Park, MD
“A delightful experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I just spent a week at Kripalu enjoying all its delightful offerings...and I'm still feeling the effects. It's such a peaceful "cocoon-like" environment...I didn't want to leave. First of all, the instruction for the program I attended was professional, caring, inspiring. The additional activities, noon dance, drum circle, cooking demo, kirtan, morning and afternoon Kripalu yoga, etc. were interesting, fun and exposed me to things I might not otherwise have tried.
The food, as so many have commented, is nutritious, varied, abundant...and delicious. There seems to be some debate among posters about the accommodations. Keeping that in mind, I stayed in the annex. My room was just perfect: immaculate, simple and basic yet not stark. A comfortable bed, good reading light, modern, private bathroom, excellent maid service and very, very quiet. Everyone seems to be very thoughtful about maintaining this serene environment, i.e. being mindful about cell phone use and noise in common areas.
Overall, a delightful experience.

Boston, Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
“Delicious healthy food, fabulous massages”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We stopped into Kripalu just for the afternoon for a massage, a visit to the sauna and whirlpool, and lunch. We have been several times in the past for weekends of longer programs. Lunch was delicious, as always, my massage was very good while my wife's massage was outstanding, and the whirlpool was wonderful.

Duxbury, MA
3 attraction reviews
“My special place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I spent the first of February attending a week long workshop at Kripalu and it was fabulous to unplug and focus inward. This was my first time staying for a week and what a difference it makes! It was contemplative week (which I was not aware of when I registered) which means no talking in the common areas and dining hall for all meals. What a wonderful way to truly unwind. My workshop was filled with plenty of talking and movement so it did not affect my workshop experience. Meals are fabulous with so much variety and choice. I did both morning and afternoon yoga daily and a yoga dance class at lunch. The grounds were pretty to walk in the winter, especially after a light snow. The view from Kripalu towards the Stockbridge Bowl is always takes me to my place of peace. I actually stayed off site at the Apple Tree Inn which is right next door and an easy "commute".

Plymouth, Massachusetts
45 attraction reviews
“Good getaway”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Attended Friday to Sunday workshop. Meals offered plenty of choices.I'm not too excited that people on this type of retreat can't seem to leave their IPAD/phones in their rooms. Time to review the policy on that, as its very distracting. Rooms, if chosing one with a full bath are quite/very pricey as you pay individually for the room. Last visit there I shared bath, and will revert to that next visit.