“We didn't register, just looked around” 4 of 5 stars

Type: Educational Sites, Gardens
Activities: Leisure education
Attraction Details
Atlanta, Georgia
“We didn't register, just looked around”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

One in our party of 5 stays and takes classes at Kripalu and she drove over from Connecticut to meet us in Lenox and insisted that we must see the property (the history of which we knew but which we never had visited). It was check in/check out day so we went inside the main building and joined the chaos while peeping into classrooms, the dining room and other spaces. We now understand our friends enthusiasm for Kripalu and plan to register and attend classes soon.

Visited October 2012

10 attraction reviews
“A place to get away to retreat and renew”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

This was the eleventh time I have visited Kripalu in 21 years. It never fails to relax and renew me. I always participate in one of their courses, which have all been excellent. This time I took Ken Cohen's QiGong workshop and I learned so much about healing and how to achieve balance. He was a deep and profound teacher. I would highly recommend his courses there. I will go back to see him next year. The new Annex is very well designed. Get a room there if you can. Bring a friend and share a room with them or pay more and get a single room. The days of having a stranger as a roommate are over for me. Plus, get a room with a private bath. Again, dorm living is just not what I want to do there. However, if cost is an issue, do it rather than miss going. The food is beautiful vegetarian food (they serve chicken or fish on Saturdays only). This is not a 5 star luxury experience...not even a four or three star (unless you get into the Annex) but the overall experience is truly wonderful. It is located in gorgeous Lenox. Make sure you do some hiking while you are there. If you give yourself over to the experience, it will be blissful.

Visited October 2012
New York City, New York
“All is not happy here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

I overheard the staff complaining about management not abuse. The place runs like a machine-- the food, Carb heavy is okay (Omega is better) and the place just felt like a pretentious, new age, rip-off.

Visited September 2012
Annapolis, MD
“Beautiful, Serene Surroundings on the Outside and the Inside!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I actually gave a weekend retreat at Kripalu, and found the place to be a wonderful source of serenity and calm with a gorgeous lake in a beautiful setting. I gave a retreat based on a book I wrote called, LASTING Transformation, A Guide to Navigating Life's Journey, so I was involved with the program all weekend, but the participants did yoga classes, hiked the mountain trails, walked the labyrinth, and enjoyed massages, a hot tub and the sauna. The food was wonderful, and the people really delightful. They have a catalog of many programs for couples, families, R & R for everyone, and you can find their catalog on their website. It's in Stockbridge, Mass, and I recommend it highly for anyone wanting to get away, get more conscious, relax, and replenish.

Visited September 2012
New Bedford, Massachusetts
15 attraction reviews
“Transformative”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I think your experience here depends on where you are in your life, what you need and your own commitment and openness to experience what is offered.
I went for just 3 days. My job is extraordinarily stressfull (altho I guess many people's is as well) and I had pretty much led to a state of exhaustion. I did their R&R program and added in all sorts of body and energy work. I stayed in a single room in the annex which was simple,clean , nice bed and restful. I stayed to myself which was what I needed. I thought the food was good-loved the silent breakfasts. I took walks, classes in gigong, meditation, journaling and yoga-sat staring on the terrace at the gorgeous views. I actually didn't think about all the madness at work but at the end I had some clarity and most important some tools to take home--my challenge is to continue -I do find myself using what I learned almost everyday. The way I went (staying at the annex alone, massage and energy work) is expensive but there are many other ways to stay that are affordable. I definitely will return.

Visited August 2012