“Beautiful, Serene Surroundings on the Outside and the Inside!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 Activities in Lenox
Type: Educational Sites, Gardens, Wellness & Spas
Activities: Leisure education
Annapolis, MD
“Beautiful, Serene Surroundings on the Outside and the Inside!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I actually gave a weekend retreat at Kripalu, and found the place to be a wonderful source of serenity and calm with a gorgeous lake in a beautiful setting. I gave a retreat based on a book I wrote called, LASTING Transformation, A Guide to Navigating Life's Journey, so I was involved with the program all weekend, but the participants did yoga classes, hiked the mountain trails, walked the labyrinth, and enjoyed massages, a hot tub and the sauna. The food was wonderful, and the people really delightful. They have a catalog of many programs for couples, families, R & R for everyone, and you can find their catalog on their website. It's in Stockbridge, Mass, and I recommend it highly for anyone wanting to get away, get more conscious, relax, and replenish.

Visited September 2012

New Bedford, Massachusetts
15 attraction reviews
“Transformative”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I think your experience here depends on where you are in your life, what you need and your own commitment and openness to experience what is offered.
I went for just 3 days. My job is extraordinarily stressfull (altho I guess many people's is as well) and I had pretty much led to a state of exhaustion. I did their R&R program and added in all sorts of body and energy work. I stayed in a single room in the annex which was simple,clean , nice bed and restful. I stayed to myself which was what I needed. I thought the food was good-loved the silent breakfasts. I took walks, classes in gigong, meditation, journaling and yoga-sat staring on the terrace at the gorgeous views. I actually didn't think about all the madness at work but at the end I had some clarity and most important some tools to take home--my challenge is to continue -I do find myself using what I learned almost everyday. The way I went (staying at the annex alone, massage and energy work) is expensive but there are many other ways to stay that are affordable. I definitely will return.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Rest & Relaxation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I've been visiting Kripalu for about ten years. The R&R Program is my favorite thing to do as you can individualize your activities during your stay. The Gentle Yoga classes are always great. I consider myself a beginner and am always amazed at how much better I feel after a weekend of yoga. The food is absolutely delicious and healthy. The scenery is beautiful. On my most recent visit, I walked down to the lake at sunset and got to see an almost full, orange moon glowing across the water. Also hiked to Monk's Pond and later walked the labyrinth. I usually choose the cheapest room option since I'm usually not in it other than to sleep. Kripalu is great place to re-charge your battery. Also a good place to visit if you want to learn to start living a healthier lifestyle.

Visited September 2012
Long Island
6 attraction reviews
“Kripalu - beautiful restful retreat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

This was my third time here, and each time I love it more and more. The atmosphere is so welcoming and nurturing, that you can't help but enjoy yourself. I took a writing workshop, and really enjoyed the experience and the other participants. The meals are truly wonderful - delicious vegetarian dishes, abundantly available, very healthy...you just feel great in this place! also, the grounds are beautiful, and it is a special place to just get in touch with your inner self and feel glad to be alive!

Stockbridge, Massachusetts
4 attraction reviews
“This is a transformative place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Whether you have a weekend, or a week, Kripalu is a valuable experience. What a set up! And what a formidable assortment of visiting presenters! All the concurrent programs are supported by a core curriculum of yoga practices for all levels - a masterful arrangement. I have been here this week on a course about Positive Psychology research orchestrated by Tal Ben Shahir of Harvard. Keep your eye out for future offerings that appeal to you as the programs are extremely diverse. We all eat at the same cafeteria of beautifully prepared and labelled food that is delicious and there at each meal!! We can all share a dance session at noon. And we can all choose to retreat and simply turn inward. A refreshing culture to be encouraged.