“Good but not great.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 59 Restaurants in Lenox
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Comfortably seated in the center of Lenox next to Nudel and Purple Plume.
Niskayuna, New York
“Good but not great.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

The neat thing about this restaurant is that everything is organic and simply prepared. That being said, the food could have been a bit more flavorful. Just because food is "of the earth" and preservative-free doesn't mean it also needs to be underseasoned. Nothing was bad, but it wasn't terrific, either. We were there for lunch and it was packed -- but I'm not sure if this was because of the food itself or because there wasn't much else open in town for lunch during the low season (we tried several other places first, that wound up being closed). I don't think we'd go back unless the same situation occurred.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Nashua, New Hampshire, United States
“Great little diner in Lenox with a good selection of breakfast and lunch items.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

We decided to go to Spoon after having missed the breakfast time at the B&B we were staying at for the weekend. We arrived at 11am and were stuck between breakfast and lunch. The menu had a good selection for both but we picked lunch as the soup of the day sounded very good.

I had rueben sandwich with the house made chips and my wife had the portobello sandwich with greens. We both had a cup of the potato soup. The potatoes in the soup were quite crunchy. For me I prefer a softer potato in my soup but this is just a personal preference. The soup itself was very tasty.

The sandwiches were quite good and the chips were excellent. I even had a bottle of dry pomegranate soda that was very good. My wife did mention that the coffee was terrible. It could be that the carafe was old but regardless it was not drinkable.

They offer alcoholic beverages if you so desire ranging from beer to wine.

The diner itself is relatively small but we had no issues sure to the time of day and being there in the off season. It is clear that during peak season this is a busy place.

The food is prepared very quickly and there is very little wait. The service was excellent and the price was okay. I have seen complaints on here that theprice was to high but it is iimportant to keep in mind that all of the food is locally grown and organic where available. I didn't find the prices to be out of expectation.

I would recommend this as a stop during a visit to the area.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Millbrook, NY
“Expensive and average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We paid $30 for breakfast. The brioche french toast was not soaked enough which made it dry and tough. They gave me about a tablespoon of syrup and ketchup. The potatoes were a childs portion. Not worth the money.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Bland”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

The morning of our departure from the berkshires, we wanted to go for some great farm fresh breakfast. overall the food was bland, no taste, no use of salt. We ordered the "farm fresh" with corned beef hash, it was OK. If we had no where else to venture we would try it again. It was such a cute place with the decorations, the food was a dissappointment, especially since we were the only two in the place that morning!

Visited January 2013
Lenox, Massachusetts
“An Excellent Choice for Brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

One of two (Haven is the other choice) that I recommend for a late breakfast or brunch in Lenox. The menu is innovative and changing. The waitstaff is cute, friendly and efficient.

• Visited January 2013