“Get Lit” 5 of 5 stars

Philadelphia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Get Lit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Really? We weren't sure if Matt and his bookstore were figments of our imagination or if we really did spend the best hours of our four day vacation over Thanksgiving weekend browsing the shelves and chatting it up with the locals. If I had an ounce of ability or ambition to write a novel, it would almost certainly be set at The Bookstore in Lenox.

Visited November 2012

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“No time for this customer”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

The owner was totally occupied with someone who was not a customer and never asked to help me--I was sitting with three possible purchases. I asked if he could discount a $30 book: answer: NO. I subsequently purchased the same book, NEW, for $7.00

Visited May 2012
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great poetry selection!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

I could have spent half a day here. Wonderful selection of books, and an unusually large (in my experience) selection of poetry volumes. I had to put back half the books I chose, as I could not take them all. No room in the luggage!

Visited May 2012
New York
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Don't miss this bookstore!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

When I think of Lenox, I think of Tanglewood and this wonderful bookstore. I never fail to stop by when in the Berkshires. Its pleasures are many: the enjoyment of going to a real non-chain bookstore and leaving with unexpected treasures, the conversation with Matt, the owner, book expert and raconteur, the little cafe for snacks, coffee, and wine. And finally, I love sitting in the orange chair in the front for excellent people watching and book conversation.

Visited August 2011