“No time for this customer” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 5 Shopping in Lenox
Type: Specialty Shops
Attraction Details
“No time for this customer”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

The owner was totally occupied with someone who was not a customer and never asked to help me--I was sitting with three possible purchases. I asked if he could discount a $30 book: answer: NO. I subsequently purchased the same book, NEW, for $7.00

Visited May 2012

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“Great poetry selection!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

I could have spent half a day here. Wonderful selection of books, and an unusually large (in my experience) selection of poetry volumes. I had to put back half the books I chose, as I could not take them all. No room in the luggage!

Visited May 2012
New York
34 attraction reviews
“Don't miss this bookstore!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

When I think of Lenox, I think of Tanglewood and this wonderful bookstore. I never fail to stop by when in the Berkshires. Its pleasures are many: the enjoyment of going to a real non-chain bookstore and leaving with unexpected treasures, the conversation with Matt, the owner, book expert and raconteur, the little cafe for snacks, coffee, and wine. And finally, I love sitting in the orange chair in the front for excellent people watching and book conversation.

Visited August 2011