“over rated” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Dessert
Stockbridge, Massachusetts
“over rated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

We were excited to try this tiny restaurant in Lenox which has some extremely hi and also low ratings.
First we tried the marinated eggplant with white beans ,spinach and pumpkin seeds,and I was impressed with it being unique and very good. Then we tried the corn,tomato stew with buttermilk and quinoa; it sounds like a great combination but we were surprised at the oily after taste.Then both the trout, and salmon were much too oily,though the fish was cooked well.We both felt the fish needed some seasoning and was disappointing,the vegetables on the other hand were excellent.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Deciding for myself”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Read a lot of conflicting reviews so I wanted to try it and decide for myself. Wish I hadn't because it wasn't worth it. The appetizer soup was only Luke warm and the waitress said they don't serve soup hot in the summer. We heard someone earlier that when they asked for their salad with dressing on the side they were told the chef doesn't serve it that way. My salmon main couse needed seasoning but by then I was intimidated about asking for salt and pepper. But worst of all, nearly every course was dredged in too much olive oil. The chef must believe oil is a sauce but I swimming in oil just doesn't work for me. Oil-soaked veggies, no flavor salmon and a big ticket .... They failed my test.

Visited August 2013
Bayside, New York
“excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

the food and the staff were terrific. we ate there twice in the week we were in the Berkshires. Of the 9 different restaurants we ate at (between lunch & dinner), we liked Nudel the best.

Visited August 2013
san francisco
“The only place worth eating in downtown Lenox”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

My husband and I ate here two evenings in a row, after trying all the other Lenox offerings. The food is truly excellent. Fresh, creative (but not hyper conceptual), and just downright delicious. Don't let the no reservation policy turn you off. If you show up in person, they take your phone number and call you when the table is ready so you don't have to wait at the restaurant. Their time estimates were accurate the two evenings we went. Alternatively, you can show up at 5:30 when they open and be seated right away if you don't mind eating that early.

The menu changes nightly but we ordered several different dishes both nights and everything was excellent. We are from San Francisco and were surprised to find a restaurant of this quality, especially after three other restaurants in Lenox were such a huge disappointment. Cheerful and competent service also.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Valley Stream, New York
“Farm-fresh, innovative cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

You can't get a reservation, but it's definitely worth the wait. The place opens at 5:30, and we got there at about 5 after 5. We got one of the last tables, but we didn't have to wait - they sat us almost immediately.

The decor was simple and beautiful...a very calming place to be. The food was innovative, farm fresh, and delicious. My husband had a tuna ceviche, and I started with a salad of roasted beets, peaches, and cantaloupe with a raspberry vinegarette. The ceviche wasn't a typical one, but it was amazing, and so was mine. They had some good beers listed as well.

My husband had an AMAZING skirt steak. We finished with a delicious almond cake with ice cream.

Definitely worth the wait!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere