“Clean and Comfy” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Magnuson Hotel Lenox

You added Magnuson Hotel Lenox to your Saves list
Magnuson Hotel Lenox
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   130 Pittsfield Road, Lenox, MA 01240 (Formerly Econo Lodge Lenox)   |
Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Lenox
Pittsfield, Massachusetts, United States
“Clean and Comfy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Me,my husband and three kids were driving late and we were all very tired so we just stopped really quick to the first hotel in sight i do have to say the guy at the front desk was very helpful he didn't seem like a sarcastic person that just wanted to go straight home he was very sweet and kind.the room was very comfortable and the room smelled really nice.i have stayed in many hotels before and they all ways have this weird odor but i really liked because this one was nice and fresh the bathroom was very clean and the beds were nicely made a was very surprised how clean they were.the next morning it was a really hot day so we just decided to go in to the pool and i liked because the chlorine smell wasn't so strong in they were very clean there wasn't no glass on the floor or leaves in the pool everything here was wonderful i wish i could give it a higher rating!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Tiffany J

Norwalk, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Scheduled a concert meeting with friends at Tanglewood and booked this hotel 3 weeks before the event. No other area hotels were available. The place is terribly run down. My room had large holes in the ceiling, stained chairs and pillow cases. This is a exterior corridor hotel with indoor/outdoor carpeting that is stained, ripped and dirty. I paid $190 for one nite. If I had paid half that price I would have felt ripped off.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank jjc0443

Travelers are raving about these Lenox hotels

Boston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Cement block walls, broken glass and stained/torn up carpeting in the hallways made me feel like I was in a corrections facility. Court papers posted on the window to a room by the stairs made me feel like I was surrounded by deadbeats and criminals.

The rooms, while generally tidy, were in serious disrepair and left much to be desired. The 1970's era bedding looked clean (except for the one stained pillowcase we had) but the beds were pretty uncomfortable -- you could hear and feel the springs, and there was a horrible stain on the box spring of the bed in the first room we were sent to (wrong bed sizes so we switched to another room). I also checked for bedbugs and didn't see any tell-tale signs so that was relief. But I never dared to walk on the carpet or bathroom floor barefoot. Tiling in the bathroom was moldy and the shower was very small. The ceiling in both of the rooms is in terrible shape with peeling popcorn patches.

Management was very accommodating when we asked for a new room but we had to call them 4 or 5 times for a status update on a move to a new room because we were stuck in a smelly room on a 85 degree day with no air conditioning and needed to shower and get to an event. This place needs a major overhaul to make it feel less like a scary place. They are trying hard but the Econolodge parent company needs to help these guys out. I took 3 showers during our 19 hour stay but couldn't wait to get home to shower and wash all my clothes.

Room Tip: We picked this place because it was the only place near Tangelwood that had availability and didn...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank KidFreeToday
Syosset
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

This was my second stay in the Econo Lodge in Lenox Mass. Both times I was attending a gathering of friends from the New England & NY/NJ area for a planned motorcycle riding weekend.
I booked my room a year in advance with the request of being on the outer ring of rooms. My first clue that there were problems was at check in when they billed me in advance for the 3 days. I was also informed that since I wanted 2 beds on the outer ring I would have to take a room in a different section of the hotel then the rest of my group. My first room had broken furniture, When I asked for maintenance I was informed that there was none on premise. My second room in the same section of the hotel did not have a working lock so I was moved to my final room on the exact opposite side of the hotel from my group of friends. The only other member of my group in my section discovered the hard way that there was no heat in his room and that there were no other functioning rooms in that section of the hotel. He was moved to an inner ring double occupancy room. The owners were no where to be found and the only employees were the front desk clerk and 1 maid & a kid cleaning the grounds.

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. I will not attend next years event if it is held here.
I would not be surprised if the hotel is closed by fall.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

We stay at EconoLodge in lenox For wedding in town and all family and friends we are happy to stay here Its clean rooms and very good service all the time when we need any thing around they are so happy to help us .THANK YOU STAFF

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank JAMES S
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Just say NO! to Econo Lodge..If Drug Raids (11-6-2011) at nearby 1st Flr Rms. at Courtyard & Lobby at 6:50am-8:30am,> Sound Enticing?>& Unauthorized Credit Card charges many times= Felonies; Harassing & Ignorant Foreigners (aka Owners/Managers/under Ruse & Guise of an LLC) at front desk ..Who ignore ALL Requests for Receipts, Mail (Tampering & Theft of Mail=Felonies; with Police Repts & USPO Inspector in Boston), lack of keycards when DUE & WORKING Keycards,(also reported to Police & BBB, & I've literally waited MO's in room with No Access to Room if I left..ILLEGAL LOCKOUT) A/C (they disconnected from Outside Grill in June 2012); TWO (2) Breaking & Entering (B&E) to my Room (which was locked from the inside) by using a Metal instrument from a Mexican Groundskeeper named ALEX, while I was in bed! & Leaf Blowers that illegally give off Gas fumes to Rooms (causing Migraine Headaches)& travels a 30 acre Property that lasts in room for over 6 hrs. (SIX) No Ventilation! & in Violation of Environmental Protection Agency & Air Quality Control; No A/C They Control it at Front Desk.

If this is enough to Entice You..Then Enjoy Your Stay! Sleep Tight! Don't Let the Bed Bugs Bite! These are Ruthless people only out for themselves! I read ALL 89 Comments! The BAD outweigh any Good Comments. FURTHER, Many Hotels write their own Reviews as do other industries.
I have numerous Police Reports on these people who have since been reported to the Better Business Bureau (BBB); As others here called them also! They think they have the Lenox PD in their back pocket! They call & give False Police Reports of harassment when you ask for receipts! These people have MANY aka's upon doing a Search! SAM=Suresh K. Pandya & Sweta S. Pandya is his wife.(?); & Jennifer=Employee. This was a Quality Inn & prior a 1970's Holiday Inn. It doesn't look like it's been Decorated or cleaned since THEN! I won Court case! The Judge read them 'The Riot Act' over "WHO is cooking the books over there?"

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank LegalEagleNYC
New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

This motel is conveniently located on Rte 7, just north of the various performing arts venues in Lenox. The staff, though limited, is very pleasant and does their best to be helpful, but the facility itself has numerous problems. these are generally due to age. There are 2 floors, with outside walkways to the rooms. A good flight of steps to the second floor, to where you must carry your luggage. You walk on the path outside to the lobby, in a separate building, if you need anything.

The rooms are a decent size, and some have been a bit updated with new paint and new mattresses, but many still are waiting to have a facelift. the paint was peeling off on the wall over the window wall, the pictures were literally hung by some thread on the wall over the beds; it not only looked like they were going to fall; one did fall, landing on the top of the headrest. Fortunately, no one was in the bed at the time. Our mattresses are getting too soft and should be replaced. The room itself was pretty clean, but it was missing some of the "accessories,(hangars, no ironing board or iron on the holder"; the small coffee pot was quite dirty-with old, dried coffee in the pot and the coffeemaker, and missing most of the cups, etc. that go with it. The small fridge worked well, but is rather rusty inside.

The heater/ac units are individual for each room, which is nice for one to control just how you want it. The problem arises whenthey do not work properly. the newer ones don't give off enough heat to warm up the room in the cold, winter temps. We opted for a room with an older one because it gave off wonderful heat. the problem? The dial to control the temperature did not work. Either we had extremely high heat or no heat. Since it is very dry heat, we finally had to turn it on and off every 1/2 hour during the night. Rather a sleepless night that way.

In the morning, just as we were brushing teeth and about to shower, the front desk called to let us know they were turning off all water due to a leak somewhere in the system. Several hours later, they were still waiting for the repair to be completed. We tried to have the continental breakfast in the lobby, some luke warm coffee and tea with cereal or an english muffin, but it was too cold in there to eat. The temperature is just kept too low for us, even with our coats on.
We had to pack up and leave, in searchof a place to use a bathroom.

I would recommend waiting to try this motel. Perhaps, when the remainder of the complex is updated, and the weather is warmer, and the plumbing is fixed, this could be a pleasant overnight. For us, it truly was a comedy of errors.

Room Tip: Be sure to test heating unit and the beds before committing to the partiuclar room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PokeyPaddler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenox
Yankee Inn
Wheatleigh
Wheatleigh
#4 of 14 in Lenox
4.5 of 5 stars 107 reviews

Been to Magnuson Hotel Lenox? Share your experiences!