“Canyon Ranch- Truly a Magical Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
New Guests Save 20%
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Lenox
Toronto, Canada
“Canyon Ranch- Truly a Magical Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2009

An outstanding experience all around!!!! If you truly honour your health and wellness, give yourself this splurge of a week at Canyon Ranch. Fabulous opportunities await you; an amazing variety of fitness classes, with exceptional fitness staff; health and wellness lectures, 6 star cuisine, a plethora of outdoor activities. We signed out a couple of bikes and followed the mountain trail, during one of the nicest fall days in the Berkshires. The staff here all truly aim to please and I was so touched by their genuine desire to make a difference. You will be treated like royalty and will learn lifeskills that you will take home with you. Even though I have been in the fitness field all of my life, I still came home with new information that will enhance the healthy lifestyle of my family. This is a great place to come with a group of friends or with a spouse. The massage services were exceptional and I especially loved the Bindi Shirodara treatment. I decided a long time ago that you can't put a price on health. Rekindle your joy and love of living well at Canyon Ranch.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2009

Yes, it is pricey. Very pricey. Rooms were adequate, not over the top. Facility very well kept and staff was very helpful. Sounds very all inclusive, including a daily credit for SPA services, but quickly realize it doesn't cover everything. Kayaking was extra.
I thought the food was very good. Fresh and plentiful. Took a cooking class and enjoyed it alot (they shared a recipe or two)
I have an extra $600 gift certificate I probably won't use. Feel free to contact me and make an offer :) It's great for a special occasion.
HuntingVly@aol.com
At least this will bring the price down.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
boston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2009

This all inclusive package did not include the facials, massages, consultations, kayak, ropes and many lessons. They are all available at extraordinarily expensive prices.
There is a homeopathic ( I never could find out exaclty what medical qualifications this Homeeopathic Dr. had, other than that he was not a Medical School graduate) A visit to him cost $325.00 in which he checked off a list of blood tests to be done, only through Canyon Ranch,at a cost of $1850.00! Pills ordered cost $60.00 and could only be purchased at a Lenox Store.
A facial cost $175.00 and at the end a list of recomemnded products $875.00. Food is good, the free classes some good, others strange.such as Yoga poses done to poetry!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
New York, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2009

This is not just a hotel, but a spa, so food and classes are included. I stayed here for 4 nights with my mother and sister. We stayed in a large suite. The room was quite nice and comfortable. The food was quite good, but not the best I have had. Lots of fresh fruit and plenty for vegetarians. It was my mother's birthday, so they gave her a bear and a small cake at dinner, that was nice. The hotel was fairly quiet. The grounds were beautiful. The classes (yoga, pilates) were generally quite good. You pay extra for massages and facials. For my facial, it was OK, average. I did expect better than that for the cost and the location. The commute to the train wasn't so easy because they wanted us to leave hours before our train ride so they could bring others along who had an earlier train. I would have expected a bit more for the cost, but overall, the place was good.

• Liked — location, beautiful
  • Disliked — commute to train
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Andover, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2008

First off, Canyon Ranch is not a hotel. It is a resort and health spa. It is an all-inclusive experience, featuring spa cuisine, fitness classes, a world class spa, and accomodations. I just completed my second stay, and will be back. I liken it to camp for adults....and the perfect way to relax for Type A personalities. A typical day will include three great, healthy meals, a spa treatment, a swim, and fitness classes (e.g., yoga, stretch, aerobics, spin, etc.). Add in a health lecture, sitting by the fire, a little shopping in the gift store (which is way more than just a gift shop) and you can have a near perfect day.

LODGING - the rooms are nice, high thread count sheets, granite bathrooms, LATHER beauty products (recently added), bathrooms, and nice views of the trees. They are not over the top, but very comforable. A nice touch is the TV and DVD in everyroom and the free DVD library.

SPA - wonderful! Treatments and staff are great, facilities are great...including hot tubs, sauna, and steam.

CLASSES - also wonderful. Separate studios/rooms for every type of exercise (e.g., a yoga studio for just yoga, a spinning room, mutliple gyms). The staff are amazing and helpful.

FOOD - very good, very healthy.

ADVICE/TIPS - definitely book services and make dinner reservations 4 weeks in advance to ensure you can get what you want, when you want it. The kitchen will give you snacks for during the day and for the road. Don't bring shampoo, conditioner, lotion, everything you need is in the room and in the locker rooms. I'd recommend at least 4 nights, to really get the full experience. On the first day you can enter the resort at 8 AM and you can stay until 5 PM on the last day.

Enjoy!

• Liked — Everything is great, staff are wonderful
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2008

I just got back from a wonderful 4 night stay at CR in Lenox. What a wonderful property. So many activities and classes, I am completely sore and exhausted from my trip (which is a good thing!!).
Checking in was seamless, had a room in the west wing ( I wouldn't chose the East wing facing the tennis courts due to the air conditioner noise...very loud!). Rooms were a bit crowded and decorated in a strange monkey theme, but it was clean and newly redone.

Classes were great, went on a 6 mile hike on day 2, it was amazingly beautiful (but hot!!!). I twisted my ankle and the guide was so sweet to make sure I took it easy and promptly gave me ice when we returned. He also had ice brought to my room later which was sweet.

Food was great, I am a salt freak so I did miss salt a little, but staff didn't mind bringing you the shaker if you needed it (which I did for a couple of things). I enjoyed knowing exactly the calorie and fat content of everything I took in. It was eye-opening to say the least. (ps. the choclate chip cookies are to DIE FOR!!!).

Spa was amazing. I had 3 great Deep Tissue massages with Anastasia, the Massage Therapist. She was the best therapist I ever had. She was very knowledgeable and gave me great tips to take home with me. The only downfall was that I wanted to book another service on my last night (I only booked three) and she was completely booked already....so I got a salt scrub ( I think it was apricot???). It was ok. nothing special. If I go back I will be requesting Anastasia for my massages.

All in all my visit was great. I had a wonderful time. I really thought this place was going to be "out of my league" but it was really down to earth and nice. Canyon Ranch is really about getting in touch with yourself instead of in your face service and over the top accomodations. Don't go expecting Four Seasons or Pennisula type service/accomodations. It's not there. It's all about you and your inner being.

• Liked — the berkshires are so beautiful!!!!
  • Disliked — decoration of rooms
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
sarajane4
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2008

I recently took a tour at Canyon Ranch in Lenox, I am a Massage student and we took a trip there to see what it was like to work there, we also got a tour of the facility as well. The place is very beautiful and posh, as it should be for $1,000.00 a night and there is also a 3 day min. Our gude told us that occasionally they get celebs there too. Before i went there I thought it was a spa where you would get pampered all day, but it's not. They have all sorts of people who go there from the super fit, to people who are looking to make a lifestyle change that aren't as fit. It seems like a great place to go if thats what you want out of your trip. They have 5 gyms, and indoor and outdoor pool, indoor and outtdoor ennis courts, a state of the art yoga studio, and they offer seasonal outdoor activities as well as other stuff. If you do get a massage there it'll be good. They hire people with at least 2 years of expiernce in the working world, and the massage therapist has to give three massages for an interview and pass them in order to get hire. So who ever you have there gonna be good, so i would highly reccomend that . It seemed really nice in there and if you can afford it go for it.

Stayed February 2008
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenox
Blantyre
The Red Lion Inn
The Red Lion Inn
#1 of 1 in Stockbridge
4.0 of 5 stars 710 reviews

Been to Canyon Ranch in Lenox? Share your experiences!