“Underwhelmed” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Canyon Ranch in Lenox

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lenox
Canyon Ranch in Lenox
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Wellesley, Massachusetts
“Underwhelmed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

I have hoped to come to Canyon Ranch for a long time and in the end, I was underwhelmed. The room was remote and apart from a comfortable bed, it was nothing special. Beware of being located in the maze of the comples because some of the rooms are a good distance from the attractions- exercise and dining. I am in reasonable shape and do not have weight to lose. For the most part I live a healthy life. I have experience with meditation, yoga and exercise 4-5 times a week. The exercise classes ranged from "Monkey Metabollic Meltdown", a disorganized attempt at leading 20 women of all levels with lots of exercise props as more distraction than tool, to a very good Fierce Tabata class to mediocre yoga and excllent stretch classes. I don't quite understand how CR has built the following that I think they have. I enjoyed the massage, but the facial was not special. Both treatments began 5-10 minutes late and in the massage room I was alarmed by the noise of the steam room (or at least that's what I thought it was). The food was very good. Unfortunately, the service was spotty. Most of all I had hoped for a personal approach to our stay and I did not find that in anything. For the price, I feel a bit taken.

Room Tip: Use the sleep sound machine in the room. It provides welcome white noise and enhanced sleep.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
CanyonRanchLenox, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Lenox, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at Canyon Ranch in Lenox. We sincerely value your compliments but are very disappointed that you felt “underwhelmed” with your visit. Please know I have shared your concerns with our Spa Director for immediate review and attention as we strive to maintain the world-class standard for which we are known. Feel free to contact me directly if you would like to further discuss your experience. I look forward to an opportunity to speak with you.
Reggie Cooper

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I've been to Canyon Ranch Lenox several times and it never disappoints. I always return home refreshed, relaxed and committed to healthy living. Love it there in the winter months. The fireplaces can't be beat.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for your thoughtful review of Canyon Ranch in Lenox. I am so glad you have continued to join us and always “return home refreshed, relaxed and committed to healthy living.” I look forward to seeing you relaxing by the fireplace again soon.
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

From the moment my daughter and I checked into Canyon Ranch in Lenox we started to feel the get out there and breath, relax and get fit vibe that somehow permeates the air of the resort. The rooms have a very basic upgraded motel feel but the beds were incredibly comfortable, as were the sheets, so this was all we cared about since there is so much to do on the property we were only in our rooms to sleep. We came mostly for the spa and exercise benefits but we enjoyed so much more of the offerings while we were there. To be completely honest both my daughter who is in her 20's and I being in my 60's, both commented on our drive home that we had never felt more relaxed, pain free, and thin. We both loved the yoga instructor, she loved the more rigorous classes, I enjoyed the ballet stretch in the pool, we found the talks by the resident doctor interesting and felt he gave tips to a healthy life style that we can easily incorporate into every day life.. The food was so delicious but the best part was the portions are so perfect that we never felt guilty having pancakes and cookies. If you reader have the time and the funds go here immediately, I swear you will feel better then you have in years!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
CanyonRanchLenox, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Lenox, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
On behalf of the staff at Canyon Ranch, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughtful review with the TripAdvisor community! I am very pleased both you and your daughter experienced a “relaxing, inspiring trip.” Our extensive menu of activities and services does truly offer something for everyone both while you are here and also to easily incorporate into your daily lives. We hope to welcome you and your daughter again soon.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

I frankly didn't not think it was a good value the first time I went. It did not meet my expectations at all. But got a certificate so went back last fall with the same friends. It was a better experience this time around. Perhaps we managed our expectations more realistically. The food was still so so. But the classes and speakers were very good. I recommend the CR massage. If you are into self discovery and looking for a quiet place to relax, this may be the place for you if you don't mind the price tag. But if you are looking for the ultimate pampering from a luxurious spa, you may be disappointed.

• Stayed November 2013
I am glad to know your second trip to Canyon Ranch in Lenox was better than your initial visit. Your candor regarding your overall experience and the food in particular was appreciated as we consistently strive to offer the serene, relaxing and inspiring environment for which we are known. We do hope to see you and your friends again soon.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

From start to finish my stay was perfect. The choice of exercise classes is abundant, the food, the spa, the lectures all exceeded my expectations. Left with a feeling of wellness and a need to return soon to get the Zen feeling again. Incredible.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms are farther away from the gym/spa. The walk gives even more exercise!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
CanyonRanchLenox, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Lenox, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Thank you for sharing your “amazing’ review of your recent stay at Canyon Ranch in Lenox with the TripAdvisor community. I am thrilled your experience was all you desired and more. Please join us again soon and we hope your “feeling of wellness” continues until the next time we see you.
North Andover, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

This is my 4th visit in 7 years with a professional women's group. Canyon Ranch is truly a special place. Every detail is attended to by professional and gracious staff. The facilities are marvelous and clean, the food spectacular, and everything there is about self-improvement and comfort. It is relaxing and motivational at the same time. There is something for everyone.

Room Tip: If you want to limit your walking, try to get a room in the East wing. however, all the rooms are a...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your continued patronage of Canyon Ranch in Lenox. We certainly aspire to attend to every detail in hopes your stay is truly special; and yes, we have an expansive menu of activities and services to ensure “there is something for everyone.” I hope to welcome you again soon.
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

If you want to go to a health spa, there is no better place than Canyon Ranch in Lenox, MA. If you want an enjoyable vacation with great food, real fireplaces, beautiful views, kind staff, superb service, peace, then there's no better place than Canyon Ranch in Lenox, MA.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
CanyonRanchLenox, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Lenox, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Thank you for your thoughtful review of Canyon Ranch in Lenox. I am so flattered you feel “there’s no better place than Canyon Ranch in Lenox” and hold us in such high regard. We hope you to welcome you again soon.
Reggie Cooper

Been to Canyon Ranch in Lenox? Share your experiences!