“Canyon Ranch is my happy place!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Canyon Ranch in Lenox

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lenox
Canyon Ranch in Lenox
You added Canyon Ranch in Lenox to your Saves list
165 Kemble Street, Lenox, MA 01240   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
New Guests Save 20%
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Lenox
wayne, nj
“Canyon Ranch is my happy place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

During my last visit, I traveled to Canyon Ranch for 5 days - my friend flew into the Albany airport (CR picked her up) and I drove from home. I have been many times in the past as a solo travel and other trips there with friends. This was my first visit in the summer and I really enjoyed it. I went kayaking - the lake they took us to was very calm and anyone could do it. The hikes are always fantastic - provided for all levels - and I liked sitting by the pool or on the patio and reading.
The rooms are very comfortable and cozy - lots of ammenitites in the rooms and in the locker rooms too.
Make sure to look at the schedule before booking spa appointments - you dont want to miss your favorite classes! I enjoyed some of the beading classes this trip and made a bracelet that I wear everyday that serves of a reminder to have some of the calm I got at CR everyday.
I really like the food - it is defnitely fiber packed! At all meals - there is a salad bar - fruit/yogurt, etc at breakfast and traditional salad stuff at lunch and dinner. The staff is so accomodating - dont forget that you can order 1/2 orders or double orders - the food is delish and the menus all change daily. I enjoyed the Cafe Jardon- an outdoor lunch option - with BBQ food and salads (ice cream cones too!).
I also went to Tanglewood - which is a beautiful outdoor theater in the area - we saw Train play. CR helped us book tickets, brought us chairs/snacks/drinks (its mostly lawn seats) and scoped out a great area for us to sit - as well as providing transportation. This was really nice because there is usually VERY little to do after dinner at CR and I enjoyed going to the concert - both for the music and the venue.
There are really good outlets about 10 minutes away - I always plan to go but get caught up with all the activities at the ranch and always find goodies at the CR boutique.

Room Tip: I prefer the wing closer to the spa - but I dont think they let you choose . . . Free laundry servic...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
CanyonRanchLenox, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Lenox, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you for your kind words. I have passed your compliments onto our staff as they are truly dedicated to personalizing every guest’s stay. As you noted, in addition to all Canyon Ranch in Lenox has to offer our guests, the summer affords an opportunity for incredible outdoor sports adventures and the splendid cultural season among many other activities! In addition, your photos of our property are beautiful – Thank you for sharing with the TripAdvisor community. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Healthy Regards,
Reggie Cooper

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I travelled solo by Amtrack from NYC - pleasant ride. Driver was in touch with me to let me know he was on his way.
Hotel and grounds are really lovely. I was happy to be seated at the Captains Table with other solo travellers. Food was excellent and plentiful - very interesting menus and salad bars.
I met with an advisor who went over classes and helped me select what was best for my older, out of shape body.
I really enjoyed all - especially the pool classes, Zumba and World Beat.
I left with a renewed sense of energy and look forward to my next visit.
Barb

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
CanyonRanchLenox, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Lenox, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for visiting Canyon Ranch in Lenox. How gratifying to know your stay was “beyond expectations.” I am glad you departed with a “renewed sense of energy.” We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Woodbury, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

First time to lenox. Tucson is more delux with better food That said , most all the fitness staff is encouraging and very well trained in their areas of expertise. Classes were the best part of our visit. Check the schedule before booking to make sure the classes available are what you would choose to do. The spa and massages are clean and great but be sure to specify exactly the kind of massage you want in order to get the correct masseuse. The dining experience can vary drastically depending on the server. Sarah took 40 minutes off a previous nights dinner without us feeling at all rushed. The food is ok which for the price a bit disappointing. Enjoyed getting outside on the hikes. All in all , our purpose of getting together as a family to relax and reintroduce some wellness activities was enjoyable

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
CanyonRanchLenox, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Lenox, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughtful observations about your recent stay at Canyon Ranch in Lenox. I am glad your overall experience was a positive one. Your candor regarding your massages was appreciated. Ensuring you consistently receive the world class service you expect is our top priority. To that end, please know our Program Advising team can assist with selecting a massage therapist that best meets your individual needs. In addition, your specific input regarding dining was shared with our Food & Beverage Director for his immediate attention. Finally, our fitness staff takes great pride in providing the world-class care and attention you expect and it was rewarding to know your experience in that regard was such a positive one. We look forward to welcoming you and your family again soon.

Freehold, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

This was my 6th trip to Canyon Ranch. The first 5 times it was the first week in December, taking my daughter as a Christmas gift. Unfortunately, my husband got ill, and we could't go. However, about 2 months before he passed away, and I was flushing his pic line, he said, you love Canyon Ranch so much why don't you and Pamela go. Needless to say, I said we couldn't leave. It was almost three years later, and oddly enough around his birthday in June that I went. I was a litte stressed about going because I hadn't been working out, and didn't know how I would hold up during the classes. But, if you follow the suggested routine of a cardio, a lecture, spa service and so on it works out. I had a wonderful time, and was motivated to get back to the gym.
There were 6 of us in our party, 3 of us didn't know each other, but I tell you we bonded like glue and I think there will be a great friendship.
One of the photos I took is my screen saver, and when I look at it I think of the great and beautiful day, and how much fun I had.
Food and value. You are never hungry, and if you don't like something you can have something else. Value, I've been, like I said, six times, I am not complaining. Go enjoy and take advantage of all it has to offer.

Room Tip: I've been all over, however, if possible, and I don't know if you can request, but try for o...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
CanyonRanchLenox, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Lenox, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
Thank you for sharing your touching story. It is wonderful to know your trip inspired you to get back to the gym and even more gratifying to see that you developed such strong bonds with those you met here. If there is a “secret” to what we do, it is that the time you spend here is only a small part of the overall package; the important thing is how your life changes, day to day. I’m glad we could be a part of that. I look forward to sharing your compliments with our staff and welcoming you for your seventh visit soon.
Alpharetta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

It was my first time to Canyon Ranch, and I went with a friend for three nights. I was not sure what to expect, but overall it was a a great experience.
The Canyon Ranch driver picked me up from Hartford airport, and was very knowledgeable about the area and the spa. I arrived just after 2, so unfortunately missed lunch the first day and after classes in the afternoon was absolutely starving by dinner time. The food is good. It's healthy, the portion sizes are a bit small, probably what they should be, but you can absolutely order more than one meal, which I certainly did, a couple of times!
I loved the breakfast sandwich, egg, cheese and chicken sausage.
The fitness staff are really fantastic, positive, motivating and it is a great way to attend a lot of different classes just to see what you like. I really enjoyed the ballet barre, the trail challenge (outside) and the spinning class (though it's not called spinning).
The treatments in the spa were fantastic also, I had a bindi massage, I'm sorry I can't remember the correct name, but you have an exfoliation, followed by a hot oil massage that is just divine, an Indian treatment, I highly recommend it!
My friend did have a massage, where she thought the therapist just did not massage enough, she actually said, she thought he had gone to sleep at one point his hands just didn't move for some time, and it was a weak massage and she really was hoping for something more therapeutic.
I thought the rooms were nice, we were in a luxury suite which has a Murphy bed in the living room and a separate bedroom with two twin beds. The sheets were very luxurious and the bathroom was large, in fact there were two good sized bathrooms in our suite. It's not high end style, but it's clean, comfortable and nice. The tv was very small and could use an update.
The grounds of the resort are just beautiful and very relaxing.
I did attend one of the evening demonstration kitchen dinners, it was entertaining, more than a lesson in preparing the meal which I think may have been better.
Overall, it's lovely. It is expensive, but if you are trying to kick start a healthier living this is the way to do it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your positive review. I am thoroughly pleased to know you enjoyed so many aspects of your first visit to Canyon Ranch in Lenox. The Bindi Shirodhara is a favorite amongst our guests – it is truly heavenly and I am glad you were able to enjoy it! We hope to welcome you again soon.
Boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

CR Lenox was on my "bucket list". After reading consistent 5-star reviews on Trip Advisor, I purchased a RueLaLa special. To echo other reviews, the environment is relaxing, inclusive and suits all ages. Based on other TA reviews and CR pricing, I truly expected Broadmoor or Four Seasons quality food, service and accommodations. However, I felt the stay (room, check-in, service and food) was on par with a typical chain hotel. The food (ex-Lunch & Learn w/Chef Bob which was entertaining and flavorful) was bland, not creative and frankly disappointing. The dining room waitstaff were not polished, i.e. unfamiliar with daily specials, very casual, unable to adequately describe/make suggestions. The non client-facing dining room bus staff were excellent. The fitness center staff, facility and class schedule are top-notch. You are encouraged to try new classes and in addition to professional, experienced instructors, a second/third instructor would join each class to help participants with form, offer water and cold towels. The lectures are also varied and of excellent quality, the "Great Sex at Any Age" & "Breathing for Health & Vitality" were entertaining and informative. The deep tissue massage therapists were fantastic. Because of the price paid, we wanted to maximize our time and attend as many classes & lectures a possible. Thus we actually actually found ourselves racing to each activity, including to Meditation! With the "discounted" package, which included credits for 2 spa treatments, I found value in the fitness classes, daily talks and spa appointments but am truly sorry to report that the total experience was not worth the exorbitant price paid.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
CanyonRanchLenox, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Lenox, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
I was sorry to note the disappointment you mentioned with regard to your visit. The reason our guests return again and again is because of the world class experience we provide but if we’re missing the mark in certain areas, we certainly welcome your candor so that we may improve. Please know I work closely with our managers to ensure our guests are receiving exceptional, professional and caring service throughout their visit. Should you decide to return to Canyon Ranch, we will do all we can to ensure your visit is the best it can be in every respect.

La Ceiba, Honduras
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful during my entire stay and there was always something fun to do. There activities were made to fit everyone's one level which made me more motivated to try everything. The food was delicious and healthy (an added bonus!) and I really enjoyed the "lunch and learn" opportunities.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about Canyon Ranch in Lenox. I couldn’t be happier to know we met your expectations and you were “motivated to try everything!” We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Healthy regards
Reggie Cooper

Been to Canyon Ranch in Lenox? Share your experiences!