“Perfect getaway” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Canyon Ranch in Lenox

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lenox
Canyon Ranch in Lenox
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Lenox
Boston, MA
“Perfect getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

Canyon Ranch was everything we had expected it to be. Beautiful, relaxing and inspiring. It is not cheap but it is well worth the expense.

Room Tip: We had deluxe rooms. They are farther from the spa and dining area but we did not mind the work. W...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
CanyonRanchLenox, Managing Director at Canyon Ranch in Lenox, responded to this review, November 18, 2011
Thank you for your kind words regarding your visit to Canyon Ranch in Lenox. We take great pride in ensuring Canyon Ranch provides the world-class experience you expect and deserve; it is gratifying to know your stay was “everything you expected!” Each visit to the Ranch is uniquely special and we look forward to providing you with another opportunity for physical, emotional, and spiritual renewal. While you are home, I hope you enjoy lasting benefits from the intentions you made toward your good health while you were here.

Reggie Cooper

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

What a great place for a family trip! My boyfriend and I recently spent a long weekend at Canyon Ranch in Lenox with my brother, his fiance, my sister, her boyfriend and our little dog (CR has certain pet friendly rooms!). We planned our schedules so that we would have our meals together (one of our favorites was Sunday brunch in the expo kitchen) and we also decided to do a few of the hikes together (these were wonderful) and they did one of the bike rides together (I"m not much of a bike person so I passed but they really enjoyed it). We have so many great memories from the weekend! One of my favorites is that we borrowed Clue from the front desk and played in the Fireside Lounge and talked in the characters' voices! (I wish I could recreate my brother's Miss Scarlett impression for you!). We would also meet in the Library a few minutes before dinner each night and have mocktails and unwind before dinner!

Some other favorites:
- The grounds are beautiful and fun to explore. Take the walk to the old farmhouse (the trail is on the CR grounds map).

- I went to all of Mark Liponis' lectures, which I highly recommend. He was very generous with his time and sharing his knowledge (lectures ran over and he stayed until all questions were answered).

-I also really loved the cardio circuit class in the gym, tai chi, the stretching classes, and the breathing classes. I liked the metaphysical classes too, but they are not really something I'd recommend to anyone but they are fun if you are into the topic (they are especially good for relaxing at the end of the day and bonding with the other guests, especially the taro and numerology classes. At least in my group everyone was sharing stories and laughing together etc).

- The food. It is so easy to eat healthy and everything tastes great. We love the salad bar! Oh at the breakfast bar try the Canyon Ranch granola, mixed with a bit of the Almond Butter Delight and fresh berries! Out of this world. We got the recipes from the website (all the CR recipes are posted) and are already making it at home for breakfast!

I returned to the city totally refreshed and recharged. I can't wait to return!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

We just stayed here this August and enjoyed an amazing time at CR. My husband and I packed our days full of classes and private lessons, happily exhausting ourself with healthy activities. The instructors are knowledgeable and patient (best-in-class) except for spinning which definitely does not compare to the quality at an Equinox in NYC, for example. But there is SO much to do, you can fill your days easily with healthy, active experiences. The only downsides to the place are: (1) rooms have not been updated recently - I am sure the sheets were luxury at one point but they looked really old and (2) the average age is somewhat high so it's definitely not a place to meet someone or hang out if you are in your 30's/40's. Overall, if you are bringing your company, you will not be disappointed and the healthy food is INCREDIBLE.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
CanyonRanchLenox, Managing Director at Canyon Ranch in Lenox, responded to this review, September 12, 2011
We are grateful for your patronage and for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. I am delighted you enjoyed an “amazing” stay. Your candid remarks are appreciated as we are constantly working to uphold the Canyon Ranch standard of excellence. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

Just returned from my on-the-fly solo recharge at Canyon Ranch in Lenox---first solo trip ever and, I must say, this was a great place to do it (but still would prefer to go with a girlfriend the next time).

PROS:
-no force socializing--can dine alone or even order room service if preferred
-classes are truly wonderful! Took some beginner level pilates and yoga classes that were just fab. Never thought of myself as someone who would try or be interested in yoga but the instructors, I am told, are trained at Kripalu, are very knowledgable and approachable. The stretch without the mysticism (now if I can just find something like this near me....).
-the food is a pro and a con. Bountiful and yummy. I am probably the only person who gained 2 pounds while here, regardless of the umpteen hours of exercising I did. Seriously tasty, not gourmet, but still, for the most part, a little too good.
-rooms are very clean and quiet. Did not see a single bug in my room while there (but honestly, passed out a 9:30 every night following my day of self-pampering).
-laundry service at every wing
-nice trails on the property
-extremely friendly service everywhere, from the kitchen staff to the concierge
-great organized hikes and bike rides
-every class is more challenging (but not necessarily harder) than it says it will be (both a pro and a con)
-program advisors are very informative and helpful--pick their brains!
-within walking distance to Lenox (I would say 15minute safe walk on a well paved sidewalk)
-the property is immaculate and gorgeous
-outdoor and indoor tennis courts are pristine
-transportation to/from the Albany Amtrak is wonderful!

CONS:
-maid service can be slow
-body treatments that boast a 50 minute massage to end the treatment are not accurate--worst treatment ever and had to rebook a real massage that was great (avoid Karen)
-no alcohol (they do say you can bring your own (hint)
-not enough time to do everything you want to do (within a reasonable budget!)

Will definitely be back, either alone or with the girls!

Room Tip: upper level rooms
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
How wonderful that you chose Canyon Ranch in Lenox for your “first solo trip ever” – and that you had a great experience. We appreciate your comments both positive and negative as we continually work to offer our guests the highest level of service. While we do not serve alcohol at our immersion resorts, we do offer biodynamic wines and organic spirits at our Miami Beach Hotel & Spa and SpaClub in Las Vegas. This beverage program is receiving great feedback from guests – definitely give it a try if/when you are in the area. We truly appreciate that you care enough to share your thoughts with us and hope to welcome you again soon!

Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

This was my second trip to CR this summer. On both visits I had the same experience. The setting is beautiful. My husband and I enjoyed hiking and biking every day. But the staff is poorly trained in guest courtesy. Not at all what one would expect from such a highly rated spa. We typically go to Miraval Spa out west and we were hoping to find a cooler summer option with CR. The next time we are in the Berkshires we will stay at a nice Bed and Breakfast .

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
CanyonRanchLenox, Managing Director at Canyon Ranch in Lenox, responded to this review, September 2, 2011
It was disconcerting to note your remarks regarding your trips to Canyon Ranch in Lenox this summer. Your experience was certainly not consistent with the level of service we strive to provide. Please know I did share your remarks with my management team to ensure we are consistently providing the world-class care and attention you expect and deserve. Should you decide to give us another try, you can be assured we will do all we can to ensure your stay is the best it can be in every respect.

Lenox, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

I had the pleasure of visiting a friend who was a guest at Canyon Ranch for dinner and lectures. I found all the staff sincerely interested in ensuring that my stay was all that I expected and more. So often one finds that employees do their jobs well, but lack the sincerity in assisting guests. I have never met a staff as hospitable and sincerely helpful as those at Canyon Ranch. Thanks to all of you for a job well done!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
CanyonRanchLenox, Managing Director at Canyon Ranch in Lenox, responded to this review, August 15, 2011
It was wonderful reading about your recent visit to Canyon Ranch in Lenox. I very much appreciated your generous compliments. I feel that the staff members at Canyon Ranch are some of the best and I am glad that was your experience as well. You certainly deserve a memorable stay and we will continue our efforts to ensure your time with us not only meets, but exceed your expectations.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

I have visited CR in Lenox multiple times and have never been disappointed. I have visited during the winter, spring, and summer and have never once encountered a bug in any of my rooms, so don't fear this. All spaces are kept extremely clean. The spa services are the best I've encountered. I really like the aromotherapy massage, the mango sugar scrub, and the hot stone massage. I also have had exceptional facials.
The fitness staff is great, and during my last trip I took advantage of many of the outdoor activities. The kayak trip was worth the extra money, and the hikes are beautiful with knowledgeable leaders. The manager, Reggie, is always around and saying hello to the guests. He is extremely visible if needed. On this past visit, the founders Mel and Enid, were always around, which was neat to see. They ate in the dining room, and Mel gave a lecture in the morning. The food is excellent, and the dining staff is friendly and helpful. The grounds are beautiful and I found myself seeking out a hammock to lounge in and read. People who go here are extremely friendly and happy to chat about the activities they did that day, or the spa treatments they had. I also love the area of Lenox and the cultural scene that starts up in June. I highly reccommend treating yourself to this luxury spa. You will come away will various health & fitness tips, recipes, and a sense of calmness. I hope to return again this summer, or possibly next spring.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
CanyonRanchLenox, Managing Director at Canyon Ranch in Lenox, responded to this review, July 28, 2011
Your kind words regarding your recent stay were greatly appreciated. When we read remarks such as yours it gives the entire staff a great sense of fulfillment. In particular your accolades for the food, dining staff and grounds were gratifying. In addition, the cultural offerings in the Berkshires are a special treat and I am so glad you had the opportunity to partake of these world-class performances. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon to enjoy all the delights Canyon Ranch in Lenox can be to you as your journey to lifelong wellness continues.

Reggie Cooper

Been to Canyon Ranch in Lenox? Share your experiences!