“Overnight Stay for Tanglewood Concert” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Lenox
Kingston, New Hampshire
“Overnight Stay for Tanglewood Concert”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

I was very happy with Days Inn. We went to see James Taylor at Tanglewood and I wanted to a place to stay that was not over the top expensive. I read some reviews on this hotel and it was right on. If you are not making this a romantic weekend then this is the place. Nothing special about the rooms but I will say the person at the desk was very polite and it was quick and easy.
I have stayed at 2 star hotels as well as 5 star hotels. This is a 2-3 star but it was clean and I would go back for the same purpose.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
kdoshi, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Lenox, responded to this review, August 7, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your candid Comments. We are pleased to know that you had wonderful stay at Days Inn and you had happy Tanglewood visit. We always appreciate feedback from Guest and try to make guest experience more pleasant by improving our Services.

We will pass on your feedback to our front desk staff and they will be happy to hear positive feedback from you.

We wish that you choose Days Inn on your next trip to Lenox.

Days Inn Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

We arrived at this hotel at 11 am on Friday morning and manager was very kind and we got early checkin. When we get in to the rooms we were surprised to see the room, rooms were really spacious with nice layout. Bedding was of nice quality, and pillows were soft. We all were very hungry and we asked front desk person about nearby restaurants, we came to know there are dozens of restaurants nearby within 2 mile distance. we went to subway which is 1 mile from the hotel. Building looks bit old but Rooms, Bathroom and Pool were clean. Best part is internet was free in our room, we spent time surfing on internet and kids were busy watching movie on HBO. Hotel is well located and many attractions nearby are easily reachable. Morning Breakfast was awesome, only complaint is that we had to wait little bit to get coffee as coffee machine was having some problem at that time; finally we got our coffee. Lobby area was excellent and they had free copies of newspaper in the lobby. We took swim at their pool and pool was clean. Housekeeping staff not only did their job best but they gave us extra towels and extra pillows too. Hotel Location and Overall condition is very good and staff were courteous. We were little bit concerned because after booking the hotel we read some negative reviews about this place, thank God they were not true….

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Fall River, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

I had booked one room in August since we would be attending a concert at Tanglewood. After reading the reviews of this motel (which I definitely should of done before booking) I decided to book at another hotel. I called the 800 number to cancel but they couldn't find my reservation. So I got the number of the motel directly and they had it but said I couldn't cancel since it was a "best price" option and there are no cancellations. I've never heard of such a thing.....guess they really need the money but they won't have my business now or ever! Poor business practices!

Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

We were looking for a room which is clean, affordable and quiet near Tanglewood. We got that plus free internet, free breakfast, friendly staff, free parking, and more; including microwave and fridge in the room. We requested large room and we got biggest Double Bed Room. Free wi-fi was very helpful to find out places to visit nearby. Pool Was clean, we enjoyed at pool. Good restaurants are nearby, specially Bistro and Dakota. Our room had tv and cable with HBO. Days Inn Service was very good and up to the mark. We will highly recommend this Days Inn for stay in Berkshires

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your candid Comments. We are pleased to know that you had wonderful stay at Days Inn on your visit to Berkshires Massachusetts. We always appreciate feedback from Guest and try to make guest experience more pleasant by improving our Services.

We will pass on your feedback to our staff and they will be happy to hear positive feedback from you.

We wish that you choose Days Inn on your next trip to Berkshires.

Days Inn Management
Oakland, Maine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2011

I paid in advance for one night through Expedia. Got to the Inn and they didn't have my reservation. The clerk was pleasant but confused with my advanced payment registration. I thought it odd that he gave me a key but because his English was limited I thought we were all set. So we took the key and brought our things into the room. The wallpaper was coming off of the wall, the room was musty and there was crayon writing on the inside of the bathroom wall. The rugs were vacuumed but dirty. Bring slippers!! However the bathroom fixtures were clean so we figured one night there was tolerable. We left for the evening and when we arrived back at our rooms at 10:15 pm, the room key wouldn't work. I went to the office to get a replacement key and was asked to pay for the room. I had my internet itinerary (so glad we brought it with us!) and showed them where it stated the room was prepaid. After 20 minutes of waiting and talking to the clerk's manager on the phone and then having to call Expedia, everything got straightened out. Not really sure who dropped the ball - Expedia or the Inn. The clerk was apologetic which I appreciated.

If you do decide to stay there make sure you bring toiletries, especially shower gel or a decent soap. The only thing they have available in the room is a shower cap, shampoo for one, and 2 tiny bars of 'facial' soap which made our skin dry and itchy. The mattress was hard; uncomfortable enough that my typically uncomplaining spouse complained of a very sore back in the morning. Although not a huge inconvenience, the wi-fi didn't work that night but did work the next morning.

Suffice it to say, we will never stay there again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
kdoshi, General Manager at Days Inn Lenox, responded to this review, June 25, 2011
Dear Catt1957,
Thank you for your valuable feedback. After reading all your comments about our properties and services we did property inspection and found no major issues except your Expedia reservation issue.

FYI: (1) We always buy Days Inn (Wyndham Hotel Group) recommended toiletries from Guest Supply
(2) we have every 3-4 months Quality Assurance inspection from Days Inn to meet our Days Inn standard
(3)We have electronics room key with magnet strip on back, some times it gets deactivated if you keep your key next to cell Phone or metal and does not work properly. We always reactivate or replace the keys on customer request.

(4) Expedia Reservation Issue: We have given strict instructions to our employees to make sure it do not happen again with any guest. We do apologize for the inconvenience caused to you due to reservations issue and overall stay at days inn. We wish that you reconsider Days Inn for your next stay in Lenox. We always appreciate feedback from our customer and always try to address the issues and make our guest experience pleasant.

Days Inn Lenox, Massachusetts
Nyack, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2011

I have stayed many times at the Days Inn in lenox. The front desk clerks are helpful and the manager makes you feel real welcome. When I go to the berkshire for sking thats were i stay for my accomadtions. The rooms are very clean, and the price is great! They even offer ski packages to jimmy peak which really make it easy for me to travel with my children. I Have NEVER had any issues with bed bugs and i have been going there for months.and will return next year for sking.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2011

We've stayed here many times. You get what you pay for but it is clean and the staff are friendly. I've never been bitten by bed bugs here and have stayed numerous times. A great deal for a comfy bed at $39.00 on Hotwire.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Inn Lenox? Share your experiences!