“accomodating and clean” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Lee
Waterbury, Connecticut
“accomodating and clean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

Sam the manager and Carol the night clerk were friendly @quite accomodating
we had a very clean room and bathroom.
there were many extras that made the price worthwhile
.i had booked for the first time via Expedia, so got a great deal with a king size bed ,tv/cable micro,fridge hair dryer etc
the hotel is on the main drag close to everything desk and a nice recliner too
the continental breakfast was great,more than expected ..coffee tea toast cereals bagels danish muffins all fresh
most area restaurants quite reasonable we ate the Arizona pizza rest suggested by Carol food was great..

Room Tip: i chose one with a king size bed plenty of room and comfy and the room itself was very nice t...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

I really enjoyed staying at this hotel with my best friend. We were on our way to college, and we decided to stay at this hotel for a night because we were tired of driving. When we got to the hotel, us girls went into the hotel to check in at the desk. We asked the desk clerk ( she was short with dark hair and curls, and had glasses) if we can have a room with a king size bed. Instead of her saying yes, and taking our information, she stared at us for a long time and asked "are you sure you want to have a king size bed, and not two double beds?" And i said no maam, we want a king size bed. It literally took her ten minutes to just give us a king size bed. She kept starring at us, which was making us uncomfortable, and we just wanted to get to our rooms. So finally she gave in and gave us a room upstairs in a king room. But when we were walking towards the door to go to our car, i heard her whisper lesbians. I was so outraged when i heard this, but i had just ignored it, and kept going. I am a college girl, and what is wrong with sharing a king size bed with my best friend? It does not mean we are lesbians we are just friends. So does it mean if i share a bed with my mom, that makes me a lesbian? I think this front desk clerk needs some education to not be so racist against everyone, and just let the customers be. But overall the hotel was clean, very comfortable, and relaxing to stay at. If i ever stay at this hotel again, i hope i do not run into this lady again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

I've stayed at the super 8 hotel in lee many times when traveling for business. My favorite part is waking up to a warm room, bundling up, and walking 20 feet to the dunkin donuts literally next door. I grab a large extra cream coffee and read the paper on my bed while i watch the news. The cable is great, there are many stations to watch. I had brought my children on one trip and they thoroughly enjoyed the cartoon stations while they ate frootloops and bagels (from the complimentary breakfast in the lobby.) I put on my ironed suit (after using the iron and board the hotel provides), finish my coffee, and use my computer and the free wifi also provided by the hotel. Before I leave i grab a danish and a cold cup of oj while i chat with the desk clerk. It is a cheap price for a great night stay and the staff are very friendly. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that wants a good quite sleep for a low price.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

I found this motel to be fine. Clean and had everything you would expect. However our stay was ruined two seconds after entering the building after coming into contact with Carole the receptionist. She was rude, belittling and unhelpful. I had to walk away and let my Partner deal with her as she treated us like something off her shoe. We were disgusted and checked out the next morning instead of staying on for a few days as we had planned.
For that reason I would definitely not recommend.

• Stayed December 2011
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

We have stayed here many times, mainly because it's about the only hotel that's not outrageously priced in this area. Seems like every time we go here there's a problem of some kind and every time my husband says " why do we keep staying here!?" after the last visit we definitely will not stay there again. We always request the top floor and always a room with a frig and microwave. When we made the reservation they said ok, we can do that. We get there and they have us on the bottom floor with no frig and microwave. so we tell them this is not the room we reserved, so they put us in another room on the top floor with the frig and microwave. BUT this room stunk so bad of cigerettes we couldn't stand it. We call the front desk and the young girl comes up, first thing she does is accuse us of smoking in the first room down stars! We dont smoke, and told her so. So she sniffs and says " yes, this room stinks because it used to be a smoking room but now they are all non smoking rooms." she leaves and returns in 5 minutes with a spray bottle. She says this will get rid of the stink and she sprays the entire rug with it. well, it still stunk now of chemicals and cigerettes. We stayed, but it stunk and certainly wasn't relaxing. The price was cheap, but like they say, "you got what you paid for!"

• Stayed May 2011
East Coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2010

I am sitting in my hotel room as I write this. I am always satisfied and relieved when a hotel is clean, and the Super 8 is clean. I rented a King-sized room for two days. I have been in the room most of that time. It has been quiet, inside the motel as well as outside. The mattress is comfy and the latex pillows like clouds! The Super 8 is not much to look at from the outside, but the inside is tastefully decorated. The manager was pleasant, even when I grilled him about the motel's proactive measures against bedbugs. He could have been insulted but, instead, he answered my questions politely. NO bedbugs here!!!!!!!!!! In an area populated with motels, I suggest Super 8.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
w
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2010

This Super 8 provides good, basic accomodations. Nothing fancy. But, it was clean and in reasonably good condition. We did not have the free breakfast, which looked typical for a free continental breakfast. The outside of the building could use a bit of work, like paint on the window trim, etc. But, all and all, an acceptable place to stay and a very reasonable rate.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Super 8 Lee/Berkshires/Outlet Area? Share your experiences!