“just stopped in” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
new york
“just stopped in”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

we spent the evening in the area and looked at reviews for places to eat. We were not disappointed. I had the scallops , my husband had the steak. He said his steak was so tender ,
cooked to perfection and he didn't even need steak sauce. The wait staff was friendly, attentive, and it had a family atmosphere. There was light live dinner music to boot. We came back the next day for a late lunch. Delicious burgers.. This will be our go to place when ever visiting the area..

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Granville, Massachusetts
“Dinner for 2 with a Groupon”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

We stayed at an in in Lee for 1 night and had dinner here. We had a Groupon that included 1 app & 2 dinners which was a good deal. Calamari was lightly breaded and enjoyable. I like mine a bit spicy, but hubby likes it plain so we went that route. He ate more than he normally does of the app so I know he also liked it. His 12 oz sirloin was much better than the smaller serving that I received with my surf & turf order. He gave me a bite of his steak and it was charbroiled to perfection and very tasty. Mine was a thinner piece that was pretty blah. The 2 large scallops that came with my order were prepared nicely. William Hill Chardonnay was suggested by the waitress and I liked it! Would go again, but wouldn't get the surf & turf. Not sure why the sirloins are 2 different thicknesses, but I would have preferred 1/2 if what he had over the thin piece I was served. Service was excellent.

Caledon, Ontario, Canada
“Good Service, Average Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

Stopped here for lunch. The service was excellent but the food was a bit disappointing. My tuna melt was very bland. We have eaten here before and would probably try it again if we are ever in the area again.

Visited March 2014
Randolph, Vt
“Food and ambiance just great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

A snowy night and cosy inside. We were seated in a nicely decorated room--live flowers on the tables. There was a soloist singing that added a nice dimension to the eating experience. My pork tenderloin was exquisite, which came with a garden salad, and the dessert of mocha ice cream puff was too! [made with vanilla instead] My friends had french onion soup and salmon--both delicious they said. We hadn't made it in to another restaurant--as we were discovering, it's best to make reservations to assure yourself a seat. I would go here again.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Westfield, Massachusetts
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

My wife and I purchased a Groupon for this restaurant and traveled 45 minutes to get there. Nice looking place from the outside. Went in without a reservation, and sat at the bar to avoid a wait to be seated in the dining room. We expected the typical bar experience, but received exactly the opposite. The bartender/waitress was super pleasant and very attentive to all our needs. She took our orders promptly and courses were brought out at a smooth pace, not rushed at all. We had Portobello Stackers for an appetizer. Huge serving, plenty for both of us to share. My wife ordered the Station Chicken and I had the Steak Oscar. Both meals were delicious and the serving sizes were generous. We chatted with the owner for a while and felt like we made a friend. We'll definitely be going back very soon. Thanks.

• Visited January 2014