“Nice inn and restaurant” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Morgan House Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lee
Morgan House Inn
You added Morgan House Inn to your Saves list
33 Main St., Lee, MA 01238   |
Ranked #5 of 8 Lee B&B and Inns
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Nice inn and restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

We enjoyed three nights in July 2014 in our first visit to the Inn. Had been staying at a favorite B&B in nearby South Lee that closed. Very pleased to find the Morgan House in Lee. Very reasonable rates, clean and comfortable rooms. Surprisingly easy to book reservations within weeks of visit during busy summer season. Older visitors be forewarned: sleeping rooms are on second and third floor above the restaurant. Stairway from first to second floor is somewhat difficult to navigate. No elevator. Also, at least in our room, tub/shower had no safety accommodations. We had one meal in the restaurant, which was good. Open for lunch and dinner and is a reasonably popular spot. Located in downtown Lee, which is a charming New England town. Overall, very nice experience.

Room Tip: Pick a room with private bath. Not all rooms have one.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Came to the Berkshires Area for the first time for a short business trip and fell upon the Morgan House and I am so happy that I did. The staff was so welcoming and thoughtful. The rooms/bathrooms were extremely clean which is a huge plus for me. Now on to the Restaurant. I am from right outside Boston and am somewhat of a "seafood" snob, so when I saw that they had clam chowder and lobster roll on the menu I was somewhat reluctant on trying it from a place so far away from the ocean, but I was convinced to try it by the bartender and I am SOOOOO GLAD I did. It was PHENOMENAL, I would put it up against any place in the Boston Area.

I highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: The room that comes with the balcony over looking the main street in Lee. Great views.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Amherst, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

Just such terrific service. Beautiful live music, great food, and wonderful atmosphere. Such nice, wholesome people both working and dining. A must for a stay in the berkshires or just a romantic night out!

• Stayed October 2013
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

As a local we went back to Morgan House after we heard about new chef from a Lenox restaurant we used to frequent which we thought was excellent, was there. We made a good choice.
We were totally impressed by the menu choices and quality, as well as the excellent service from the waiter to the bar tender. I hope the owners keep it going for locals during the off peak seasons.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

... what more can one ask for?

My fiance and I had to find a place to stay overnight in the Berkshires. It was leaf season and we are not rich, so our options were few. The staff at the Morgan House were so helpful. We were able to get a room at a reasonable price, last minute. When we arrived they showed us our room and we were pleasantly surprised at how charming it was.

We proceeded to go down to the restaurant because we were famished from a day on the road. The food was great with large portions and quality ingredients. I was also blown away by all their gluten-free options (which are labeled so on the menu) and seasonal fare. Unfortunately the kitchen closes quite early (8:30pm), but I saw the manager make acceptions for two parties that were waiting on late arrivals. The kitchen stayed open later to accommodate them. I have worked in restaurants for a long time and have never seen one stay open, I was so impressed!

Warning: If you are looking for a luxury experience, this is probably not your place. BUT, if you are looking for an affordable, charming, historic place with a wonderful staff and food, this is definitely your place!

Room Tip: I've heard the 3rd floor might be quieter...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

We travel to the Lenox/Lee area several times a summer and for many years only stayed at the Quality Inn (the former Black Swan). Over the years we grew tired of the high rates and lackluster staff at that hotel and looked for an alternative. We chanced upon the Morgan House and stayed here three times during the past summer. Once with en suite bathroom and twice with shared bathroom.

We very much enjoyed all of our stays. The house is old (built 1833 I think) but relaxing on the front porch and watching the world go by is a wonderful way to spend a lazy afternoon. The rooms were comfortable and we found the window A/C units to be effective. At less than half of what we were spending at our former hotel, we were both pleased. The staff and owners are VERY friendly and went out of their way to assist us. By our third visit we felt like old friends. I'll likely book here again next summer.

We've eaten at the bar and restaurant many times now and enjoyed every meal we've had. Meatloaf, turkey dinner, calamari, chicken club, it was all very good. I only wish they were open for breakfast, but Otto's a few doors down has that covered VERY well.

I love Lee. I'm not swank enough for Lenox, even though I'm only in the Berkshires for Tanglewood and the BSO!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
new York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

My wife and I stopped into the Morgan House for a drink and appetizers. We didn't know what to expect but were pleasantly surprised with the unpretentious service and excellent food. Located in the center of Lee, the historic Morgan House is a good choice for food and drink. We returned the following day for more of the same.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Morgan House Inn? Share your experiences!