“Not bad” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Lee
Ontario, Canada
“Not bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2007

This motel is okay as long as you take it for what it is – inexpensive accommodation. It is a family-run motel that handles the basics. The daughter checked me in with no problems (although she asked for my driver’s license number –I asked her why she needed that. She replied “For ID”. I declined to give her the number). The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The microwave and fridge are a nice touch. They offer a small, very basic breakfast too.

It is a bit away from the Interstate, so make sure you have directions to find it if you do not know the area well.

• Stayed May 2007
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2007

I can't believe what a terrible time we had with this hotel -- the guy who runs it was SO rude to us, plus he outright lied to us about the price of the room and its availability, and he "lost" our reservation. We didn't end up staying there because he was such a jerk...be forewarned, if you think you've made a reservation, it may or may not actually be there when you get there -- and be prepared to be treated horribly when you try to figure out what happened.

• Stayed April 2007
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Berlin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2006

We've stayed two nights in spacious, bright and nice room 24 - two large windows, two queens, a medium-sized tv set, a table with chairs, a rocking chair and an armchair, a small bathroom and a porch-like construction to sit on. Okay, there is a street nearby, but it's a motel, not a resort. The breakfast is free and consists of two sorts of cereals, milk, tea or coffee, orange juice, donuts and muffins - nothing for gourmets, but it gets you started. The staff was friendly and helpful (even providing us with a 10% discount at a nearby Indian restaurant), the room was clean and the weather fantastic.

Lee is a good place to stay - not overly posh (as some of its neighbours may seem), with a good outlet shopping area, some restaurants and nice surroundings close to a number of interesting places.

Seems to get booked out quickly, at least on Columbus Day weekends in full foliage...

• Disliked — Nearby street, a bit pricey (for being a motel)
  • Tips/Secrets — Room 24
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Tewsbury, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2006

A wonderful family runs this motel. Very nice clean rooms quiet very friendly and very accomodating staff, will stay there again and again love the town of Lee surrounded by mountains beautiful view's short ride to the Mohawk Trail.
Gail
Stayed 03/31/06

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business
Dickinson, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2005

I stayed at the Rodeway Inn for 1 night in early June and the price was right--about $80 and the room was a good-sized for my daughter and I. It was clean and had a kitchen area. The office staff was very cordial. Though it has a busy road to the front of their property, I did not notice road noise.
I would not pay high season rates (July, Aug.) but I would stay there again for a short stay during the off-season anytime. I can recommend as a good family-type place for the budget conscience.

• Stayed June 2005
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2005

We did not have already for a long time such a bad hotel - during the night one hears each noise from the room nearby. Small rooms - continental breakfast - not realy. Good location - but bad value.

Not to further-recommend

• Stayed July 2005
Brooklyn, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2005

I stayed at the Rodeway Inn in Lee, Massachusetts, in June 2005, with my husband and two kids. We planned to see a dance show at Jacob's Pillow, and we also wanted to get away from the sweltering summer heat in Brooklyn (where we live), BUT we did not have much money to spend. So we booked a room at Rodeway, which was only $80 per night with my AAA discount. We had no idea what to expect, because I had never stayed in a Rodeway before....

I was pleasantly surprised. The pool there is very clean and nice (my kids' favorite part of the whole trip, of course). The room was small, but perfectly clean and adequate. It had a refrigerator and microwave, which saved us money on meals. The nice family who runs the motel also provides some breakfast stuff (coffee, juice, cereal donuts and muffins) in the little office, which you can take back to your room or eat outside.

Lee is also a good central location, from which to explore the Berkshires. We were only 20 minutes away from Jacob's Pillow, Beartown State Forest, restaurants in Great Barrington, Stockbridge and Pittsfield, etc. (Next time we will explore more northern places, including Williamstown.)

All in all, I would definitely recommend the Rodeway for a pleasant, low-budget, family-friendly place.

Stayed June 2005

Been to Rodeway Inn Lee? Share your experiences!