“Great Wings, Beer, and Pub Food” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 20 Restaurants in Lanesboro
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
“Great Wings, Beer, and Pub Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Being a local to the Berkshire we love the Old Forge. They have the largest selection of beers on tap and in the case in the Berkshires. All my family and friends belongs to their Beer Club. You come to the Old Forge for 2 reasons.....Wings and Beer. Be prepared to wait on a Thursday, Friday, or Saturday night. This place is busy for a reason! It has good food and us locals know it.

The Forge has 3 types of wings. Old Forge Original, Deane's Traditional, and Buff Orpington all of which I love for different reasons. Old Forge Original is a spicy teriyaki flavored wing which is flavorful and delicious. Buff Orpington are a sweet honey curry sauce with a tiny bit of spice. My absolute favorite are the Deane's which are the Forge's take on a traditional buttery buffalo wing sauce. You can also get Deane's with garlic. Its not on the menu but you can ask for it.

The Forge also has many other great food items. French Onion Soup is delicious, the salad bar is fresh, the 7 layer dip is amazing, and the Forge Burger is tasty and available with lots of toppings. They also offer weekly specials. If you ever see the BBQ beef brisket I recommend that one!

In the summertime they have porch seating outside which is very nice.

If you want a fun spot to watch the game, hang out with your friends, have a family dinner with good food and great beer, the Forge is the place for you.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Best Wings...Period”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

You will not find much better food anywhere else. I have had wings all over the country, including Buffalo NY and the Old Forge are still the best I have ever had. Now to address all the idiots that complain about the place being busy and rude. The food is great, so of course they are busy and the staff s not rude, they are just assertive. If you want a calm environment, go to a retirement home.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Easthampton, Massachusetts
“Bad bartender and bad attitude”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Hello all, I ordered a Jamaican dish called the bob Marley. It came with 2 and a quarter shrimp, and cost around 18.00 dollars. Th e 1/4 shrimp was a three quarter eatin one, justt a tail actually. I took the bartender aside and asked about the eaten shrimp tail in my plate. She went and asked the cook, and he said he noticed the shrimp tail in the dish and put an extra one in because of that. I called B.S. On that, and the bartender stared at me with shark eyes and shook her head in dis belief. Saying I was trying to get out of paying for my tab. 2 beers and one half eaten dish from the kitchen. I paid the bill and left an 18.00 dollar tip to totaling around 58.00 for my stay and wait. 2 bites from my dish and 2 beers in about an hour and 20 min. Paid the bill in full and tipped heavy hoping it might help the bartender retire and the cook close the doors on this dump.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Deer Park, New York
“Long Wait, unfriendly staff”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Upon entering, no one greeted us for should 5 minutes, as we waited to put our name on the wait list. We were told a half hour. While waiting for our table, we had a drink at the bar. We ordered 3 pumpkin beers. Two came out with a sufficient amount of cinnamon on its rim, but one did not. When I mentioned this to the bar lady, she walked away with my beer and returned with a new one, but not without an attitude. Then when we were seated, it took 15 minutes before anyone came to our table to greet us. The only good things were the wings.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
South Padre Island, Texas
“You will wait at least an hour...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

....but if you do, and you like beer, then you can choose from about 300 different ones! Everything else if just ok. Nice place to hang out. You will want to stay awhile after the wait. Yes, everytime I went there was a wait. No, I don't like to wait and I don't really care for beer.....this place was not for me.

Visited October 2013