“Taunton location - not safe” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 2 things to do in Kingston
Lakeville, Massachusetts
“Taunton location - not safe”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I visited your Taunton location for the first time yesterday and I can tell you, without question, that I will not be going back. The primary reason: safety. There are several ways in which this location is not safe for children:

1. The entrance to the mall is large and unmonitored. There is no security to prevent a little one from wandering out and, more importantly, no way to prevent anyone from entering the facility and removing a child. You do not have a system which attaches an adult to a child upon admission (see: Davis Farmland, Imagination Island). Yes, it is a parent's responsibility to keep watch over their children but in an area that is so large and open (see #2) it is very easy for a parent to lose sight of a child. Unlike a playground, you are charging for admission and should provide an extra level of security.

2. The area is way too large. The inflatables and games are too spread out and there is far too much open space. It was impossible for me to monitor all three of my children because, with multiple ways in and out of the play area, they easily moved from one space to another. If you come with more than one child, you should be prepared for them to be out of sight quickly.

3. The play areas are not monitored. There was no staff in the inflatables area to ensure that safety rules were being adhered to or that the people in the area had paid for admission. It puts parents in the uncomfortable situation of monitoring other peoples children or, potentially leaving the play area to go get a staff member if the situation warrants.

4. The location of the bathrooms is completely inappropriate for children. They are located near the entrance but behind a wall - completely obscured from the front desk. Another parent I was with described it as creepy and I completely agree.

5. We were attending a birthday party and was completely disappointed by the attention of the staff, who gave the parent no indication of the schedule of the party and appeared only once to serve pizza. The room was not ready upon arrival and the staff did nothing to help the parent.

Your facility is an accident waiting to happen and will ultimately attract predators. I have told my children that we will not be returning and not even to ask if we can go. I have told them that I will bring them lots of places for fun but never, ever, will we go some place that is not safe.

Visited February 2013

“Don't waste your money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

This place is a total joke. The floors are so slippery and half the children that came with my party got hurt. There is no supervision, if you need help there is no one willing to help out. They think just because you sign the waver, they don't have to monitor what is going on. Kids were fighting and hitting each other. I'm not saying that parents shouldn't be more aware of what is going on, but when you bring 6 kids and 4 very attentive adults and 3 of those children leave with injuries, there is obviously a disconnect somewhere. Staff has an "I don't care" attitude and in my opinion should not be working with children. Overall my visit was terrible, and that's being generous.
Also the bathrooms are only what I can describe as "under construction". For a relatively new place, they smell and are extremely dirty, not to mention the concrete floor and unfinished walls you have to walk through to get there.
Honestly, don't waste your money. What originally seemed like a good idea for my children to go and burn off some energy turned out to be a disaster. Please save yourself some money and find a better place to take your kids. You'll thank me and many other unsatisfied parents.

Plymouth, Massachusetts
“rude staff & credit card issues”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I've had a few things happen at the kingston location-
1) My friend had her daughters b-day party there in Dec, 2012...they kept messing up her credit card info and were very rude about it. It ended up being a error on THEIR part after a full week of my friend worrying and stessing....the hostess was barely there to help and my friend had to ask numerous times for the food. It was not fun at all...
2) When they first opened in Kingston, i brought my son in. He had just turned 2 and was afraid of the pump n jump stuff....but i was told they had a free area for kids to play in. This is the middle area w/ old used kitchenette toys and a couple of slides. I've take him there a bunch of times to play for 10-15mins whe i have had to go to the mall and never had a problem. Today very rudely i was approached and told i had to pay $10.99 for my son to play. I was told this was FREE and have come many times. This is the same girl who booked my friends party- very unprofessional....obviously there is mis-communication and bad management. It's not a very safe environment either as i have seen many kids fall on the slippery floors and hurt themselves.

Taunton, Massachusetts
“Terrible,unorganized,unsafe”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I am the one who the previous writer was talking about. It was my sons party.......I didnt even enjoy the party because i was at the counter...where i spent most off the party. I had to ask for the pizza to be served which was so hot(instead of bringing the plate to the pizza,it was served in hand over their heads. I had to asked for the ice cream finally 20 minutes after the cake then we got it. Cleaned my own spill when i had to get my own napkins off a nearby cart....the kids were suppose to have juice boxes not bottles!Staff was caught by a family member speaking about me because i was asking for our things.The party was one -three pm...i left after four pm because i was furious and deserve to be refunded. I got a total of six pics from my sons first party with school friends! I didnt see the kids bounce it was chaos. Not to mention the website is not legite when it says " parent and kids enjoy we do it all" A hostess is to be around your area for your needs and keeping you updated of what will be happening. This place is a lawsuit waiting to happen........They wont get my money.......I will fight it all the way. The manager on staff even said in her own words this is terrible...No charge. But then stated she would be fired....Why due to her errors...poor,poor,poor management. Not what i expected at all.........I missed my sons whole sixth birthday party! My moms right mcdonalds is A+ compared to this place! pump n jump taunton,ma DON'T DO IT! This place embarrassed me in front of family and guests.I could go on and on! They shouldnt be charging full price when the arcade wasnt ready yet....but when i booked...smooth talker! I was far from relaxed and it wasnt enjoyable when 3 kids hurt themselves not on the bounce houses but the uncarpeted slippery floor! Worst place ever!

Taunton, Massachusetts
“what a nightmare”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

my daughter had my grandsons 6th birthday there it was just awful three extra kids came and they charged her 11.99 each cake was awful service was awful i asked the lady who was running the place to put 100 dollars on my credit card so i could help my daugher pay for it she put the whole thing on my card 324.00 and didnt even know how to refund my credit card this is a grown woman mind you children were falling down on there wood floors and smacking there heads and crying the servers were soooo rude my brothers grandaughter didnt want her water and she gave it to him the and girl charged him .75 cents we had already paid for it needless to say i did not even see my grandson have his party as i was at the counter the whole time waiting for the lady trying to fix my credit card she finally fixed my credit card i think have to check with the bank the whole party cost 425.00 what a rip off ..... go to mcdondalds so much better delecious cake ice ceram goodie bags lunch drinks girls who do everything for you and the kids have just as much fun and the price is no where near what pump and jump charged dont go there you wont be happy im talking about the one in taunton mass awful awful

Visited December 2012

Been to Pump n' Jump? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Pump n' Jump, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.