“Remember, it's only a tavern...” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Description: New restaurant, Formerly Paisano's restaurant
Description: New restaurant, Formerly Paisano's restaurant
Plymouth, MA
“Remember, it's only a tavern...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Inexpensive doesn't always mean bad food. In this case, it does. If you are bringing kids, or only want a loud bar scene, go. The high ceilings and wood floors make for loud, loud dining.The waitress started us with a bowl of popcorn and actually asked my husband if he wanted a glass with his beer. One plus. Then she disappeared. One negative... Finally, she took our order and we waited, and waited. A french onion soup app ($2.99) should not take 3/4 of an hour to show up. (Now the negatives begin to mount.) The reasonably sized cup had a huge bread crouton taking up more than half the space. Very little cheese was on top. The crouton soaked up nearly all the broth, but there were many sliced onions on the bottom. Temerature good, flavor good. Final outcome bad. After another half hour, the entrees finally arrived. A $10.99 steak special ordered rare turned out to be 1/4 rare and 3/4 well done. Why did they even ask how I wanted it cooked if the slice of meat graded from 1/4 inch thick to barely there? By the time the cook got the grill marks on one side, the meat was overcooked. I opted for the cheesy bacon topped baked potato ($1 extra). Don't bother - not much topping, just added cost. Butter or sour cream would have been better. The onion rings on top of the steak looked pretty good but tasted just like the chopped onion and breading rings from the freezer case in the supermarket. My hubby's "Ranchers Pie" ($10.99) turned out to be a shepherd's pie in disgust, uh, I mean disguise. The ground meat and corn combo was covered with a thin layer of mashed potatoes then slathered in gravy and mushrooms. I'm glad the lighting was low. I must say, it was not pleasant to look at from across the table. The garlic bread turned out to be two thin slices of a baguette. The waitress reappeared partway through our entrees and asked, not if everything was OK, but if we wanted dessert.
Go again, I think not. I do not do the bar scene. Parking becomes difficult unless you want an early dinner. Even the handicapped spaces were filled when we left - not by those who needed them, but by huge pickup trucks with no handicapped placards.

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

20% Recommend
“Just ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Hubby and I went one night and sat at the bar, as we were just looking to have a few drinks/apps. Similar bar, if not the same, set up as the old place, which I like. We liked seeing a dart board area. Lots of T.V.'s for viewing. Have to say, however, it didn't get much better from there. One bartender was nice but aloof, the other, gruff and seemed clueless. Maybe they're training? It took forever to get a refill on our draught beers, and we were sitting at the bar. Drinks took so long that we didn't even order food. But pizza that we saw coming out looked doughy? Miss paizzanos, they made a great chicken parm.Wish this place well. Hopefully they bounce back.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boston
“Where is the boss?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

My wife & I visited this evening just to have a couple of drinks, and we sat at the bar. One of the bartenders was great, and very attentive. The other bartender however, should look for employment somewhere else........all she did was talk to friends of hers that were sitting at the bar, and the waitresses who seem to congregate at the end of the bar.

This place needs a hands-on Manager to make sure that the bartenders & waitresses are doing what they should be doing!

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Plymouth, Massachusetts
“Won't go back!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My grilled chicken sandwich was so tastless, it was hard to tell it was chicken. My friend ordered fish and chips which came out cold and greasy. The waitress was young but too interested in hanging out with her friends at the bar. We couldn't get her attention to order coffee and gave up. This place is really a sports bar, a place to sit and drink with a very loud juke box, playing old music. Two families with young children couldn't stand the loud music and "bar" atmosphere and left.

• Visited November 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Raynham, Massachusetts
“Delicious AND Affordable!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

My husband and I were invited to Finna's for a coworker's birthday party a couple of weeks ago. We were a party of 20, hanging around a section off the bar. Everyone ran their own tabs and the waitress did amazingly well keeping everyone served and keeping the tabs accurate. Our party had 5 Captain & Cokes, three 16oz Bud Lights, an order of sweet potato fries and a large wheat pizza, 1/2 bacon, 1/2 eggplant. The bill only came to $35!!! The Sweet Potato fries were literally the BEST we have ever had: crispy, hot and perfectly flavored. The wheat pizza was AMAZING. We live 1/2 hour away and would go back just for the food. Also, the decor is very inviting... great walk-around fireplace, large bar, comfortable atmosphere. Thanks to Steve for introducing us to this place!

P.S. I blurred the faces in the picture because... well... because I don't know those people.

• Visited August 2012