“A mediocre hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 22 Hotels in Hyannis
Storrs Mansfield
“A mediocre hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed at the Comfort Inn for 4 nights and Five days. I needed a hotel that would take our two small dogs and there are only two left in the Hyannis area. The hotel was a bit run down - cracked tiles, marks on the walls etc. The price we paid was too high ($98.10 a night plus tax and another $25 for the dogs). The pool and whirlpool were in OK shape, but for the price of the room off season, I expected better. The free breakfast was good - egg sandwiches, waffles and an assortment of yogurts, fruit, toast, bagels etc. The room was clean and the beds were actually quite comfortable.

Room Tip: The rooms upstairs connected directly to the pool and lobby. The pet friendly rooms downstairs were...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Gary P, Manager at Comfort Inn Cape Cod, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Once again, thanks for staying with us. I extremely apologize for not meeting your expectation. We will take your input into consideration and try to get you resolve the best we can.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The title of the hotel is a bit of a misnomer as it really is in need of a make-over - there's nothing particularly comforting about this hotel. The interior is drab and dreary and all a bit tired. Although breakfast is included in the rate, everything is out of a packet or served in styrofoam, so we went out and found an alternative place to eat breakfast.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Gary P, General Manager at Comfort Inn Cape Cod, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thanks you your feedback regarding your recent stay. The hotel is going under a Full renovations this Winter and you will be pleased by our hospitality.

Durham, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2014

We were referred to this hotel after the Econolodge down the street revoked our reservation because our dog was over their animal poundage limit (40 pounds- not listed on their website). We pulled into the Comfort Inn around 7:30pm, we were road weary and exhausted, and the VERY nice person (really excellent service- even prompted us to provide a AAA card for a discount) at the desk took us (and our 80 pound dog) in for the night... for just double the price we were scheduled to pay at the Econolodge.
The front entrance to the hotel looks like the entrance to a deep sea aquarium. I was hopeful that there might be an octopus, a whale, or at least one of those women they pay to swim around in a mermaid tail, just on the other side of the funky round windows. Alas, when I smushed my face up to the foggy glass all I saw was a swimming pool. I did hear rumors the following morning that other hopeful onlookers actually saw a whale later that evening, however, that whale was just me in the swimming suit I got 3 seasons ago and promptly grew out of... I blame peanut M&Ms.
We got to our room and opened the door. It was... (you were holding your breath there weren't you? well the suspense was totally not worth it) a standard hotel room. Bed, bathroom, TV. Seemed clean, smelled nice (WAY nicer than I did after hours in the car), I didn't hear the neighbors sneezing through the walls.
I had really high expectations for the bed, based solely on the fact that it had lots of pillows (I really appreciated their firm pillows in the back and soft pillows in the front- nice touch Comfort Inn!) and the duvet cover was pristine white and perfectly tucked.
The bathroom was HUMONGOUS... it echoed when I sung in the shower. I felt the need to sing because I had a really great microphone- the shower head. It was mounted to the wall at my eye level (at 5'10 I'm not a giantess or anything). After the bend in the piping and the downward angle of the shower head this left the water aimed directly at my chin and forced me to do that awkward backwards squat thing (I haven't done this since I got in shape to wear that bathing suit 3 seasons ago) to get the shampoo out of my hair.
I slept fairly well and woke, excited, for breakfast. The breakfast was the 'good' hotel breakfast, distinguished from the 'not good' hotel breakfast by the lack of individually wrapped baked goods and the presence of the (insert ahhhh noise here) waffle iron. In addition to make your own waffles they had a full assortment of fairly fresh looking carbohydrates (including croissants, which are like the snow leopard of hotel breakfasts... you're going to have to search long and hard to find them), hot food items (egg patties, and sausage), cold food items (fruit, yogurt, cereal), and my personal favorite- the hard boiled egg.
Overall I would recommend this hotel based on the quality of the service, the room, and the breakfast, however, the value was not extraordinary- the price was a little higher than I would have liked to pay.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Sir/Madam,

We thank you for choosing us for your hospitality needs in the Cape Cod area. And I apologize for not meeting your expectation. I will address the specific issues you may had to make sure we still delivers the quality hospitality.

Upstate New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2014

While there was nothing particularly terrible about the hotel, there were a number of things that require attention. The wallpaper in the bathroom was held up in places using masking tape. The top of the bath was broken and an attempt had been made to repair it with caulking. The seal on the dual pane windows had failed so that there was a build up of condensation on the inside surfaces of the glass. Stains on the carpet. The common areas were OK, and the breakfast pretty typical for this level of hotel. It was very quiet, which was excellent. We have stayed in Hyannis many times in the past, and used the Days Inn, which was generally very good. This had closed which was why we decided to try the Comfort Inn. The Days Inn was much better, and cost a little less, making the Comfort Inn poor value for money. We have also stayed in the Holiday Inn, which is rather more expensive but leagues ahead.

Room Tip: Check the room before you commit to staying.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
We work very hard to make sure we offer you the best hospitality. And we will continue to do the best we can everyday. I extremely apologize for any inconvenience. The hotel is under new operators and it is going under complete renovations. The renovations will be completed by this coming Summer. I promise you that you will be amazed by our hospitality services once we are done.

Thanks again,
Gary P.

Been to Comfort Inn Cape Cod? Share your experiences!