“Snow leopard at the breakfast buffet” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Hyannis
Durham, New Hampshire
“Snow leopard at the breakfast buffet”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

We were referred to this hotel after the Econolodge down the street revoked our reservation because our dog was over their animal poundage limit (40 pounds- not listed on their website). We pulled into the Comfort Inn around 7:30pm, we were road weary and exhausted, and the VERY nice person (really excellent service- even prompted us to provide a AAA card for a discount) at the desk took us (and our 80 pound dog) in for the night... for just double the price we were scheduled to pay at the Econolodge.
The front entrance to the hotel looks like the entrance to a deep sea aquarium. I was hopeful that there might be an octopus, a whale, or at least one of those women they pay to swim around in a mermaid tail, just on the other side of the funky round windows. Alas, when I smushed my face up to the foggy glass all I saw was a swimming pool. I did hear rumors the following morning that other hopeful onlookers actually saw a whale later that evening, however, that whale was just me in the swimming suit I got 3 seasons ago and promptly grew out of... I blame peanut M&Ms.
We got to our room and opened the door. It was... (you were holding your breath there weren't you? well the suspense was totally not worth it) a standard hotel room. Bed, bathroom, TV. Seemed clean, smelled nice (WAY nicer than I did after hours in the car), I didn't hear the neighbors sneezing through the walls.
I had really high expectations for the bed, based solely on the fact that it had lots of pillows (I really appreciated their firm pillows in the back and soft pillows in the front- nice touch Comfort Inn!) and the duvet cover was pristine white and perfectly tucked.
The bathroom was HUMONGOUS... it echoed when I sung in the shower. I felt the need to sing because I had a really great microphone- the shower head. It was mounted to the wall at my eye level (at 5'10 I'm not a giantess or anything). After the bend in the piping and the downward angle of the shower head this left the water aimed directly at my chin and forced me to do that awkward backwards squat thing (I haven't done this since I got in shape to wear that bathing suit 3 seasons ago) to get the shampoo out of my hair.
I slept fairly well and woke, excited, for breakfast. The breakfast was the 'good' hotel breakfast, distinguished from the 'not good' hotel breakfast by the lack of individually wrapped baked goods and the presence of the (insert ahhhh noise here) waffle iron. In addition to make your own waffles they had a full assortment of fairly fresh looking carbohydrates (including croissants, which are like the snow leopard of hotel breakfasts... you're going to have to search long and hard to find them), hot food items (egg patties, and sausage), cold food items (fruit, yogurt, cereal), and my personal favorite- the hard boiled egg.
Overall I would recommend this hotel based on the quality of the service, the room, and the breakfast, however, the value was not extraordinary- the price was a little higher than I would have liked to pay.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Families
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Upstate New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

While there was nothing particularly terrible about the hotel, there were a number of things that require attention. The wallpaper in the bathroom was held up in places using masking tape. The top of the bath was broken and an attempt had been made to repair it with caulking. The seal on the dual pane windows had failed so that there was a build up of condensation on the inside surfaces of the glass. Stains on the carpet. The common areas were OK, and the breakfast pretty typical for this level of hotel. It was very quiet, which was excellent. We have stayed in Hyannis many times in the past, and used the Days Inn, which was generally very good. This had closed which was why we decided to try the Comfort Inn. The Days Inn was much better, and cost a little less, making the Comfort Inn poor value for money. We have also stayed in the Holiday Inn, which is rather more expensive but leagues ahead.

Room Tip: Check the room before you commit to staying.