We were referred to this hotel after the Econolodge down the street revoked our reservation because our dog was over their animal poundage limit (40 pounds- not listed on their website). We pulled into the Comfort Inn around 7:30pm, we were road weary and exhausted, and the VERY nice person (really excellent service- even prompted us to provide a AAA card for a discount) at the desk took us (and our 80 pound dog) in for the night... for just double the price we were scheduled to pay at the Econolodge.
The front entrance to the hotel looks like the entrance to a deep sea aquarium. I was hopeful that there might be an octopus, a whale, or at least one of those women they pay to swim around in a mermaid tail, just on the other side of the funky round windows. Alas, when I smushed my face up to the foggy glass all I saw was a swimming pool. I did hear rumors the following morning that other hopeful onlookers actually saw a whale later that evening, however, that whale was just me in the swimming suit I got 3 seasons ago and promptly grew out of... I blame peanut M&Ms.
We got to our room and opened the door. It was... (you were holding your breath there weren't you? well the suspense was totally not worth it) a standard hotel room. Bed, bathroom, TV. Seemed clean, smelled nice (WAY nicer than I did after hours in the car), I didn't hear the neighbors sneezing through the walls.
I had really high expectations for the bed, based solely on the fact that it had lots of pillows (I really appreciated their firm pillows in the back and soft pillows in the front- nice touch Comfort Inn!) and the duvet cover was pristine white and perfectly tucked.
The bathroom was HUMONGOUS... it echoed when I sung in the shower. I felt the need to sing because I had a really great microphone- the shower head. It was mounted to the wall at my eye level (at 5'10 I'm not a giantess or anything). After the bend in the piping and the downward angle of the shower head this left the water aimed directly at my chin and forced me to do that awkward backwards squat thing (I haven't done this since I got in shape to wear that bathing suit 3 seasons ago) to get the shampoo out of my hair.
I slept fairly well and woke, excited, for breakfast. The breakfast was the 'good' hotel breakfast, distinguished from the 'not good' hotel breakfast by the lack of individually wrapped baked goods and the presence of the (insert ahhhh noise here) waffle iron. In addition to make your own waffles they had a full assortment of fairly fresh looking carbohydrates (including croissants, which are like the snow leopard of hotel breakfasts... you're going to have to search long and hard to find them), hot food items (egg patties, and sausage), cold food items (fruit, yogurt, cereal), and my personal favorite- the hard boiled egg.
Overall I would recommend this hotel based on the quality of the service, the room, and the breakfast, however, the value was not extraordinary- the price was a little higher than I would have liked to pay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Comfort Inn Cape Cod is located in Hyannis, the heart of the Cape. This ideal location offers families many options for planning a fun and memorable vacation. Enjoy Cape Cod’s world-class beaches, museums and shops or jump on the ferry to Martha’s Vineyard or Nantucket. Hotel features include use of indoor heated pool, whirlpool, sauna and fitness center. Free amenities include deluxe continental breakfast, WiFi and parking. Ask about our pet-friendly guestrooms! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Choice Hotels, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Comfort Inn Cape Cod reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Cape Cod Hotel Hyannis
- Comfort Inn Hyannis
- Hyannis Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn Cape Cod Hyannis, MA