“Great Honeymoon Spot!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 9 Hyannis B&B and Inns
Rutland, Ma
“Great Honeymoon Spot!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2010

My husband and I had been together before in June 2006- and he had been a few times before that. It's not the most modern spot to stay at but the inn keeper is the sweetest lady and the accomodations acceptable. It was clean, with plenty of towels...although there s only a shower- no bath.

We arrived at about 9 PM for a week long honeymoon stay and were greated (and remembered!) with open arms. She congratulated us when she learned we were just married, showed us to our room and told us to let her know if we needed anything,

Breakfasts are simple and delicious- fruits, toast, bagles, cereals and beverages and are eaten in a quiant little room.

Upon arrival home each day from our exersions she asked us what we did and if we enjoyed ourselves and that sweet lady even put flowers, chocolates and a card in our room one day as a wedding gift.

It's a nice quiet place to stay both times we went and is just a hop, skip and a jump away from a clean and quiet beach.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Boca Raton, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2009

This B & B has a great location, walking distance form Hyannis Beaches. The rooms are small and noicey. The bathroom is smaller still. The owners made an attemp at renovating, but it as a poor one. Vinyl floors and falling apart furniture. Rooms are noisey from road noice and from adjoining rooms and common areas. Not a restfull stay.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
worcester, ma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2009

My husband and I only planned on staying for 2 nights for an early 2-year wedding anniversary. We didn't have very much money. However, when we woke up after the 2nd night, we both looked at each other and said, "Is there any reason we shouldn't stay another night?"
The price is very reasonable, considering the distance to the beach and Main St. All walking distance! There's a deck on top of the main house overlooking the ocean (you can even sneak out to the beach for a moonlit stroll!). The Innkeeper, Raisa, was someone I would call 'Mom'. She was very accomodating and hospitable, not to mention very attentive to our needs...but not too much. We loved her!
The room was a lovely Victorian style (with A/C!!!), the beach was well groomed, and the restaurants were great (try the chowder!)
Overall, we plan on visiting this beautiful place for years to come!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2009

Stayed in the Jacuzzi cottage with our 2 grown up children (18 and 21) whilst friends stayed in one of the hotel rooms.
We were greeted by our friendly hostess, and given lots of information about the area/ restaurants etc.
The cottage is compact, with 3 bedrooms- 2 small doubles on ground floor and a king in the roof space which is accessed by a drop down loft ladder. Not much room to stand up, up there, and we folded the ladder up at night so the occupant could not get down if they needed to use the bathroom. (I wouldn't put small children up there).
Kitchen area was well equipped with cooker, fridge etc, and there is a small dining table and sofa. Everything seemed clean and in good order. Fridge was clean and very cold, but there was a faint "whiff" of fish at times. Small deck and BBQ area, with working BBQ grill. Bathroom clean and in good working order. Availability of hot water seemed variable. Shower always hot, but we did have to boil water in the kettle to wash up kitchen pots on several occasions.
The location is fabulous- 5 minutes walk from the beach, and a few minutes drive to Main street. It was great to kick back and relax on the deck or sofa with our family and friends (8 of us in total). The owner was friendly and genuine, very helpful.
This place is quirky- don't expect the Ritz- but we had a great time and would definitely stay in Jacuzzi cottage again

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2009

My boyfriend and I booked a small room at the Sea Breeze as we wanted to be close to the beach for just a quick one night getaway. We were welcomed by the innkeeper who was very polite and showed us around the inn, provided valuable advice on places to eat and visit in nearby Hyannis, and could not have been friendlier. Our room was quaint, and small, but clean and tidy and exactly what we expected. We enjoyed the outdoor seating area and the widow's walk after a nice day spent at the beach (which was within walking distance, very important since most of the beaches charge $15 a day to park!)

In the morning we arrived at breakfast and were once again greeted by the innkeeper. She had made a nice small breakfast and continued to show us areas to spend the afternoon since the weather wasn't cooperating for a beach day.

I would recommend this inn to anyone who is looking for a true 'cape cod/new england' inn experience. The decor is old fashioned, and the rooms are no frills. But the welcoming attitude and the friendliness of the staff are worth the trip!

I would most definitely return to the Sea Breeze for a Cape Cod stay.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2009

Where do I begin..After looking for a romantic and private getaway for my great girl and I (celebrating an anniversary as well) we stumbled on what appeared to be a perfect place for a romantic weekend. I was a bit surprised to walk into a room that was not only cold (under 50 degrees - same as the temperature that day) but also had an old fish/milk smell in the refrigerator, hot water that worked for a total of 10 minutes (3 separate times in the first 6 hours in the room) and an obviously unprepared owner that wasn't ready for this years guests. I offered to clean the fridge and was assisted by the owner (as I tried to overlook the problem). We found the best source for heat in the room came from our electric stove. We needed almost 4 hours to get the Jacuzzi filled with tepid (at best - 80 degree) water we turned the Jacuzzi to watch large chunks of black scale fly from the jets as we both grew a bit ill at what may come next. When we addressed our concerns they were met with "be patient...we are fixing it and wait one hour". That was fine and I decided to make dinner - the pots and pans all needed last years food residue to be cleaned from them. After dinner we decided to try again with the Jacuzzi - again no luck . 10 minutes of hot water (enough to get a great ankle/mid calf bath but not with the jets running mind you - we couldn't get that much water in the tub.) We asked again for assistance and finally were told that "we were the problem". The owners husband decided that letting us know that "this was some way to fool around together and get out of paying him while using all of his hot water" was the best way to deal with us. I was appalled and honestly speechless (for about 2 seconds) until I decided to pack everything and leave at 11:15 p.m. to travel the 2 hours home. I was again surprised by the negotiation at the front desk when I asked for a refund and they wanted to be paid "for all that we did while we were there" - I couldn't even wash the dirty dishes from dinner without taking a break to let my hands get warm. Don't even get my started on the 3rd bedroom, with the king size bed, that was nearly impossible to get into from the metal ladder that had to be pulled down and the ceiling so low that I was unable to stand up in. As this was the room with the king bed, and the room we planned on staying in, when we mentioned this to the owner, we were told it was the "children's room". I would not have allowed young children to climb the dangerous ladder had any been with us. This is a perfect place to visit if you want to find a way to never begin a great planned vacation. I have much to be thankful for in my life and this abomination of a getaway destination is not on that list. Bring some hot water, bleach and be close to a friends house that is not too far away to enjoy this trip to the Sea Breeze. On the other hand if you want to smell the cold ocean and never leave the room in the winter - open the fridge and pour a nice cold bath and be ready for your rude awakening to begin.

Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2009

I came here with my fiancee for the long weekend and had a great stay! I have visited Cape Cod several times and this was the first place that I found especially clean, comfortable and in a great area! It was nice to be within walking distance to Main St. and only a few minutes from the beach. This really saved on the hassle of looking for parking and if you like to go out to eat and have a few drinks, this is especially great. I also really loved the hostess who treated us like family and the decor of the place. I definitely recommend this place and will be back here next time I visit.

• Liked — Rooms and location
  • Disliked — Too short of a stay.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Sea Breeze Inn? Share your experiences!