“We had a lovely stay and will be back” 5 of 5 stars

Sea Breeze Inn
270 Ocean Ave, Hyannis, MA 02601   |
Ranked #8 of 9 Hyannis B&B and Inns
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“We had a lovely stay and will be back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

This is my third time staying at the Sea Breeze Inn and honestly, my best. The room we stayed in this time was a bit more expensive than the ones we reserved before, but worth every penny. The place in general is super clean and well-maintained. Like in previous experiences at this Inn, the room we stayed in was clean, bright and airy. The hostess does a great job explaining things to see and do all over Cape Cod so you'll always see something that you haven't seen before. I like this place too because it's close to the beach so you don't have to drive and pay for parking. It's also quiet and my husband and I find it romantic and cozy. We will be back next year!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Clifton Park, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

Do not stay here!! It is disgusting!! I read the reviews on TripAdvisor, and didn't believe what people were saying, and thought it looked nice by the pictures...WRONG!!! Apparently the pictures that are online are from the previous owner! If I had been prepared to go camping, this place would have been great! But definitely was not expecting this for a B&B. At first we tried to make the best of it, but then just could not justify paying as much as we did to stay here!! We didn't even want to sit down on the toilet, and would have had to wear our flip flops in the shower!!! So gross! BE ADVISED: THEY DO NOT GIVE MONEY BACK IF YOU LEAVE! Only if they "re-rent" the room. Yeah right! Like they would even tell you anyway! DO NOT STAY HERE! We left immediately!!! Dirty. Dirty. Dirty!!!

Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Wilmington NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

I hesitate to say anything negative as the innkeeper was so gracious and helpful, but our room really left a lot to be desired. It was spacious enough, but the sheets were rough from pilling and the decor was on the tacky side. Most of the "decorating" seemed to have been done on the cheap. An outside light shined in our room all night to the extent that my husband had to hang bath towels along the edge of the bed canopy in hopes of shutting it out. A tiny tv was hung in a corner far away from the bed. The breakfast was continental with nothing hot or any meat or protein, but offered cordially. On the positive side, the towels were very nice and absorbent. The innkeeper is very accommodating and points out the wine glasses and refrigerator that guests can use for their own items. The location is great and the old building itself is very inviting. We tried to stay gone all day so we wouldn't be cooped up in this room.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
North Conway, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

Greeted by very nice lady - helpful with local area - brochures available.
Did read reviews prior to stay but for a last minute room all I could find - did find most reviews were close and to true.

COST - 250 nite ( over priced for this type of B & B) but add in the area close to beach and a very close walk to downtown,restaurants I guess you pay for that !

Place is 1900's and has not been kept up in excellent inside shape but works.

Bathroom Toilet-Small but works
Bathroom - Some mold - stucco issues/mold/dirt ( could be cleaner for my taste )
Shower - not so clean - luke warm water ( would not work well in winter )
Beds are not Firm - Sink in bouncy type but after toss n turning got some sleep. I like a firm bed. ( my preference ) also Linens need updated - they are faded out/older. She should buy newer ones it would make the room stand out better and give a better feel of clean.
AC - works window kind - turn on early in summer
Very very old type Tiny TV -Smaller than 13" not sure on the size had only a couple channels - not cable ( FYI if you wanted to watch a favorite show at nite before turning in )
Not a very big sitting room as it merges with Kitchen seating

Outdoors is nice - not big area to relax ( they get Mosqutios too and Green Flies here during nite)

Breakfast Review : Wierd set up - Not impressed with type of food being served
She hangs out ..
Coffee-Cream-Sugar-Teas
Dried cereals - a few kinds
Cut up banana - by her personally she pulls out a banana and cuts it up on a plate ( my thought was wierd ) but she is nice..
Small blueberry muffins
Assorted Bagels - Cream Cheese

NONE of these - No bacon,sausage,eggs of any type,yogurts,Fruit laying out uncut by her,
No Waffles or Pancakes :*(

** star rate on food/price of room sorry for low review but I have better food choices at a Motel stay of Continental Breakfast.

Bed and Breakfast is labeled as it is supposed to be a special feeling with a
Specialty Breakfast - to make you feel spoiled..
I Just didn't get it ??

Over all - A nice place to sleep no special feeling

Gave service a higher rate due to very helpful lady..

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2010

We found this place last minute on priceline and decided to give it a try. It was the worst mistake we've made in a long time! The room was damp and carried a musty odor that lingered. The bathroom was tiny and the sink was soooo short....like maybe 3 ft. off the floor. Worse yet, the lighting in the bathroom was a yellow-green hue and the shower looked dirty and tiny. I certainly couldn't get ready for my friend's wedding under those conditions. We decided that we would stay the night and leave in the morning. Before I climbed into bed, I noticed that the pillow case had bleached-out acne med. stains on it and looked very faded and over-used. The kicker is when I climbed into bed....the bed was very damp and if it wasn't 3am when we arrived, I would have booked it out of there. In the morning, we packed up and were ready to leave. Upon informing the "owner," we were told that there are no refunds under any circumstances! Several previous reviewers also commented on this policy and it is the most ridiculous rule I've heard of. I wish I knew of her unacceptable policy before we stepped foot on the property. I think it's quite obvious why she came up with that rule....everyone would leave and she would lose a ton of customers. There are a lot of nicer hotels in the area and the extra $25 or so that you would have to pay to stay at a different place is well worth it!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

Never ever stay here. Our room was dirty. The sheets on the bed were very old and faded. The room smelled like mold and was dark and dingy!. The bathroom was not clean and the shades had holes in them. The window did not lock. We left and were still charged for one night.Could NOT stay there. We were on our way to another part of the Cape where we stayed in a beautiful B&B. Repeat NEVER STAY HERE!!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Quincy, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

This was our 4th or 5th time stayin at the Sea Breeze Inn. We keep going back due to it's location (walking distance to Main St. & to a small off the beaten track beach. You could also walk to a larger beach about a mile away.

We rented out the jacuzzi cottage as we had my wife & I, two friends with their 1 year old & another friend joining us later in the weekend. For 5 adults & a 1 year old, the cottage was perfect. We found it clean, and in good condition. The backyard was sort of a bonus for us. It had a grill, a deck, several chairs, a table, and lots of little toys for the 1 year old to play around with. We also found the free WiFi helpful as well.

The inn keeper, Raisa, remembered us & greeted us with hugs. She really is a sweet lady & is always ready with a helpful recommendation about the area.

The bathroom in the cottage was a bit larger than needed due to the jacuzzi tub, where the shower was rather claustrophobic. Raisa kept us supplied with fresh towels each day. Just so you are aware, there is no daily maid service for the cottage, so clean up after yourself.

As for the location, we tend to stay here near the Fourth, so we can walk over to the beach & watch the fireworks at night. The Sea Breeze Inn also has a small roof deck you can enjoy.

The cottage also does not include the breakfast. It does have a full kitchen with a coffee maker, so plan accordingly. I would say that the cottage can sleep up to 8, as I think that the couch is a sleeper sofa. Otherwise, there are two bedrooms & the loft area, comfortably sleeping 6. As far as a value, it is hard to beat this one for Fourth of July weekend!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Sea Breeze Inn? Share your experiences!