“Simple hotel room” 3 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   662 Main Street, Hyannis, MA 02601   |
Ranked #21 of 22 hotels in Hyannis
“Simple hotel room”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

The hotel room was extremely simple and somewhat dated. The bathroom was clean and seemed to have new tile work in the shower and floor. The sink/counter are outside of the bathroom, which is not necessarily a bad thing. The furniture in the room is old, but there was a mini fridge, flat screen television, and free wifi. This is the 3rd time I have stayed at the International Inn, and while it is not the nicest hotel I have stayed at, i have not experienced any major issues with the rooms and the price is right for the location. The hotel staff is also very friendly and gave no issue when we requested a slightly later check-out.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

388 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

The location of this horrific place is the only positive thing I can say.

The room was severely outdated, wallpaper peeling off the walls, and cleanliness was not a priority of this establishment. Not worth a penny! Save yourself the trouble and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Where do I start.... The room has wallpaper that seemed like it was put up in the late 70's, its got giant flowers and parrots. The bed was sitting on 2x 4's, dust everywhere, hair in the hot tub, dirty curtains with white stains on them, food was gross and no matter where you are, restaurant, front desk, bar, etc.. Everybody and I mean everybody has all the same complaints. A complete waste of time and money. Just disgusting

• Stayed February 2013
Fall River, Massachusetts, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

my wife ard i had the worst time ever in this crappy inn the price is deff not worth the stay the food and the service was the worst i ever had the pasta and the chicken had no taste whats so ever and it took them allmost a half hour to take our ordder the only good thing out of the dinning exp.was the bartender vitto he was awsome.the pictures on the web page arnt what this place looks like they should be sued for falls advitisement.people get falles hope.i will never ever and i mean ever go back to that crappy inn

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Arrived Friday, entered the room. It didn't look anything like the website. The room was small, the jacuzzi was an oversized bathtub. Mold in the bathroom.
Went to the bar. There was no heat, the bartender was funny but overall he was the only positive in the whole place.
Had the breakfast buffet,under cooked sausages and microwave pancakes.
Went for the dinner included in the weekend package, waited 2.5 hrs for the food to arrive the seafood was uncooked and the steak was a price of grizzle. the best part was watching the other couples getting so angry and storming out because of the bad service and gross food.
Went back to the room, around 12:30 the party began in the room next door, mabey 10-12 people screaming,stoming, and slamming doors. Called the front desk,they already knew the room and said they would take care of it. The party ended at 3:00...
In the morning I spoke to the front desk they took the $42.00 that the dinner cost off the bill and gave me 1/3 off my next stay !!!!!!!
Horrific weekend overall run from this place !!!!!!!!

• Stayed January 2013
Taunton, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

My husband and I stayed here last month for our one-year wedding anniversary/babymoon. We didn't have a lot of money to spare, so we searched for weeks for a cheap deal. Well, we got what we paid for.

We purchased a weekend special for the Royal Victorian Suite, and we added the $40 dinner credit to our special. We were very disappointed. After hearing great reviews from family and friends who had visited here in the past, we may have set our expectations a little too high.

The "suite" we stayed in claimed to have been "newly decorated," but had clearly not been updated in at least 20 years, other than the flat screen tv in the bedroom. The hot tub had a dead ant in it when we arrived. The paint/finish on the wall surrounding the tub was chipped. The ceiling looked like it was about to cave in. There was a red light that you could turn on that may have been put there to "set the mood," but it instead made the room a little scary.

The website boasted that the living room had a 61" television - bear in mind that this is one of those original big screen TVs that take up a ton of space. The main wall in that room was ALL MIRROR. These weren't really dealbreakers, as we weren't planning on staying in that room too much anyway - it just seemed odd.

Our dinner credit was for their restaurant, The Copper Chimney. First off, the restaurant was pretty deserted. We were one of two couples there when we arrived, and only two more came in by the time we left. I know it's the off season, but I kind of felt it should have been a little busier on a Friday night after 6:00. After searching through the menu for almost 10 minutes, the waitress finally came over to take our drink orders, which is when she told us that the special "dinner credit" menu was at the back of the menu. There were only about five or so choices for entrees. My husband and I are fairly picky eaters, but we like the basics. The basics offered on this menu were hardly worth the $40 we paid. In fact, I couldn't even finish most of my pasta. It tasted like it had been heated in the microwave and then left out to sit for a while. Oh, and to top it all off? The two sodas we ordered were not included in the dinner credit. Our final bill for the meals was $35, not including our sodas. This entire experience (again, with no more than four tables occuppied, and with a waitress, bartender, and hostess working), took AN HOUR.

The king-sized bed was comfortable. That's probably the only positive thing I can say about the room. However, there was a creepy portrait, of whom I'm assuming is Queen Victoria, that hangs in the living room but could be seen from my husband's side of the bed, even in the dark.

Breakfast was also included for both days of our stay. It was good, except for the fruit fly my husband found in his cranberry juice. There was one server working both mornings, and he mostly hung out in the back somewhere. He didn't even come out our second morning until after we had already served ourselves and sat down.

We woke up at 5:00 in the morning just so we could get out of there. Never have I been so willing to wake up early to leave. Overall, I would say this was one of the worst vacations I've ever been on, and that includes driving from Massachusetts to Florida with cranky family members for 22 hours.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I recently stayed at the hotel with a group on 51 Senior Citizens and what a pleasant experience. Michael and his entire staff could not have done more to make our 3 night stay more pleasant. I have been excorting groups for 30 years and when you pull into a hotel and see the manager and his staff waiting to remove your luggage from the bus you know you are in good hands. Check in was very easy, the room were VERY clean and well appointed. When we went down to dinner what a surprise, the food was great. i had pot roast and next to my grandmother's it was the best I've ever had. There was not a complaint from any of my group and when you can make 52 people, who have been traveling for 8 hours happy you have accomplished quite a feat. The bar was open for us one evening when we returned to the hotel after 9pm for people to visit and play cards, great way to relax after a long day. The attitude of the Manager and staff is what impressed me the most, Michael did not ask any of the staff to do anything he did not do himself---what a great way to train people. I would highly recommend the hotel to anyone and look forward to my next visit. Donna Council on aging Port Huron Michigan

Room Tip: First floor towards the back of the property