Bottom Line (well top line in the case): Friendly staff, nice rooms w/comfortable beds, great pool area, tasty burgers, convenient location. I would definitely stay here again.
I'm a Marriott guy and haven't strayed from Marriott when travelling for business for probably 10 years. A recent trip left me with no other option than to stay this Holiday Inn. I have to say, I was pleasantly surpised. I wasn't sure if the Marriott quality I've come to expect was going to be at a Holiday Inn but it was! Here are the highlights:
- Very friendly and helpful staff, easy check-in. I will say one thing though, I pre-paid my room on line and I wanted to change the bed config to 2 queens at check-in, in a nice way they told me they weren't able to do this because the room I booked was more expensive. Not a huge deal but thought it was worth mentioning b/c Marriott would have done this in a heartbeat.
- Friendly bartender/waiter who noticed I was chasing my 2 year old around the lobby and when I walked by the restaurant he said "you definitely want to eat here, we have a kids menu" and he went and got me one and we did eat there. Limited menu but the burger I had was fantastic.
- Halls: looks like they were recently done (carpeting/lighting) and just starting to show wear.
- Room: Loved the room. Really comfortable king bed, clean bathroom, unbelievable shower head - one of the best I've had. Nice decor, this is the one thing they really needed to do right and they did.
- Pool area: AWESOME! Huge indoor pool area with a jacuzzi. Took my 2 yr old down there and we loved it.
- Hotel location: Can't beat it. Smack dab in the middle of the cape, close to rte 6, right near the ferry terminal, easy access to anywhere you want to go.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newest addition to Cape Cod, Massachusetts. Located on Cape Cod Hyannis, MA, home of the JFK Memorial. The Holiday Inn Cape Cod Hyannis Hotel, is conveniently located to US-6 and Route 132. The hotel is 5 minutes from Barnstable Regional Airport (HYA). This beautiful property is located between Cape Cod Bay and Nantucket Sound. We are surrounded by breathtaking views, historic charm and fine dining. Only minutes from Hyannis which boasts the area's largest concentration of businesses, shops, restaurants, and entertainment spots. In the main street and waterfront district you'll find Hyannis Harbor, the Village Green, the JFK Hyannis Museum, the JFK Memorial Park, and much more. This contemporary, stylish hotel offers 196 spacious guest rooms where you may select from a king, or two double beds. Special in-room amenities include complimentary wireless high-speed Internet, 27-inch television, movie channels, in room games and in room safe. Bi-level, Jacuzzi suites are also available. The Holiday Inn Cape Cod Hyannis Hotel features full meeting facilities, 24-hour fitness center, indoor pool, business services, lounge and restaurant. Hyannis hosts a variety of attractions including; Craigville Beach, Kalmus Beach, Orrin Keyes Beach, Veterans Beach, JFK Memorial, John F. Kennedy Hyannis Museum, golf courses, Cape Cod Central Railroad, and Hyannis Whale Watcher Cruises. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Hyannis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hyannis Hotel Hyannis
- Hyannis Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Hyannis Cape Cod, MA