I normally don't write reviews for hotels, restaurants and the like but I felt that the service, hospitality, professionalism and caring shown by the staff at the Hyannis Holiday Inn was above and beyond and deserved to be recognized.
Our stay began on Friday May 10th, 2013 at check-in and once again you all did not disappoint.
This is our second year staying with you as our dancing daughter competes annually in the Cape Cod Feis in Hyannis held on Mother's Day weekend. Upon check-in the front desk staff of Jessica and Samantha were warm and welcoming, they efficiently handled the paperwork needed, lessening the time it normally takes to get checked in, keeping all 13 children happy and content as all they wanted was to "go swimming". Once in our rooms, we found them to be clean, well kept, nicely appointed and comfortable. After unloading the mountains of dance items and luggage all 5 families proceeded to take their children to the pool. There we became acquainted with Ruben - the lifeguard. Ruben was a pleasure, he came over and introduced himself, asked about our trip in and how long we were staying and was professional and warm. At one point some of the younger children began playing in the hot tub and he very gently asked them to stay in the pool - taking the time to answer their question as to why. We stayed until pool closing and left for the evening.
On Saturday we awoke early to get our girls ready to dance and have breakfast in the café. We arrived for breakfast but when we sat we were informed that due to a large high school group being in the hotel as well - the decision had been made not to offer the buffet this weekend. I know it seems like a little thing - but I will say this was the most disappointing aspect of the trip. We remembered the Breakfast Buffet from last year and how good it was and were really looking forward to it. We ordered our food which was delivered quickly, hot and with a smile. After eating we all left to begin a grueling day of dance.
When we returned at close to 4pm that afternoon it was raining.....fretting about what to do with 13 energetic children amongst the 5 families we decided on letting them swim. All 5 families (23 people total) proceeded once again to the pool to be met by Ruben .... He was again so nice and accommodating and even let us pull 3 tables together so the adults could sit together while the children swam. Around dinner time we had decided to order pizza - the year before we had done this and had a "pizza party" by the pool which the kids still talk about - when I went to the desk to ask about places that deliver I was met by Bryce. He is a great asset to you organization so friendly and warm. He gave me the flyer for Mike's Pizza and recommended them. When asked about having the pizza delivered to the pool Bryce informed us there was a no food policy in the pool area but quickly offered the small gathering area in the bottom level for our use. This was PERFECT! so knowledgeable and helpful. Needless to say, we had a terrific time Saturday evening staying again until the pool closed.
Sunday - Mother's Day - we were all scheduled to meet in the café for breakfast as a group and again your staff was warm and accommodating, pushing several tables together so all 13 children could sit at 1 table and the 10 adults at another. The service was fast, the food was great - although still disappointed about no buffet - and the coffee was hot and kept coming.
I will close by saying our daughter's dance school has approximately 10 families that attend this competition and on our recommendation 4 others stayed at the Holiday Inn and ALL raved about it and committed to staying again next year, further - the others that didn't (regretfully now) have also said they will be staying with us here next year as their experiences at other more expensive hotels was no where near what we had experienced.
Great Job by all and you have definitely made loyal returning customers on any trip we may take to the Hyannis Area
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newest addition to Cape Cod, Massachusetts. Located on Cape Cod Hyannis, MA, home of the JFK Memorial. The Holiday Inn Cape Cod Hyannis Hotel, is conveniently located to US-6 and Route 132. The hotel is 5 minutes from Barnstable Regional Airport (HYA). This beautiful property is located between Cape Cod Bay and Nantucket Sound. We are surrounded by breathtaking views, historic charm and fine dining. Only minutes from Hyannis which boasts the area's largest concentration of businesses, shops, restaurants, and entertainment spots. In the main street and waterfront district you'll find Hyannis Harbor, the Village Green, the JFK Hyannis Museum, the JFK Memorial Park, and much more. This contemporary, stylish hotel offers 196 spacious guest rooms where you may select from a king, or two double beds. Special in-room amenities include complimentary wireless high-speed Internet, 27-inch television, movie channels, in room games and in room safe. Bi-level, Jacuzzi suites are also available. The Holiday Inn Cape Cod Hyannis Hotel features full meeting facilities, 24-hour fitness center, indoor pool, business services, lounge and restaurant. Hyannis hosts a variety of attractions including; Craigville Beach, Kalmus Beach, Orrin Keyes Beach, Veterans Beach, JFK Memorial, John F. Kennedy Hyannis Museum, golf courses, Cape Cod Central Railroad, and Hyannis Whale Watcher Cruises. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, BookIt.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Hyannis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hyannis Hotel Hyannis
- Hyannis Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Hyannis Cape Cod, MA