“Wednesday night is "Italian Night" in the winter” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #20 of 177 Restaurants in Hyannis
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view, Local cuisine
Description: Our casual waterfront restaurant is located right on the docks of Hyannis Harbor across from the Hy-Line ferries. Dine inside, where the look is all about classic seaside style, or outside on our heated patio while watching the boats sail in and out of the harbor. The menu features everything from thick, juicy burgers and garden-fresh salads to fresh native seafood and prime beef. Visit the Black Cat Tavern, year-round favorite among locals and visitors alike. Serving lunch, dinner and Sunday brunch with entertainment four nights a week in the lounge. Plenty of free parking with valet service offered for your convenience.
Clifton Park, New York
“Wednesday night is "Italian Night" in the winter”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

The wife and I tried this place after finding on Trip Advisor. Seems like most of their "problems" centered on service and price. Not tonight. The wife got the clam chowder as an appetizer followed by the special of "linguine with white clam sauce." Great portion with a bunch of clams on top. Only $12.95 as a special. I had the shrimp dinner which was hard to finish. Drinks were reasonably priced. Not crowded at 8:00 pm on a Wednesday night. Service was great. When I mentioned that we could now travel because we had lost our own "black cat" in December, Kara gave us a "Black Cat" bumper sticker as a consolation. Nice touch. This place must be overwhelmed in the summer, but I would be back in the off-season.

• Visited March 2013

• Turkish first
Indiana
“The Cat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We love this place. They've updated it recently and I miss all the pictures of the cats on the walls. It's more modern now. Not my favorite, but ok. Would love to see the cats come back. But...the food is amazing although very pricey. They have the best chili I've ever eaten in my life, and the seafood is to die for. Be sure to try the Key Lime pie, you'll be glad you did. I think my favorite thing is the stuffed mushrooms. You can't go wrong with almost anything you try. The staff is friendly and always busy. Try to get a reservation because this is a very busy place. On weekends they have a valet service because parking is limited there. You will get a great view of the harbor across the street and at night it's beautiful. Enjoy!

• Visited September 2012
Cape Cod
“Wednesday Italian Night - not to be missed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We ate at the Black Cat for our first visit a few weeks ago. We ventured out on a Wednesday night. When we were seating in a comfortable booth, we were told it's Italian night. The regular menu was available along with the Italian night specials. There were about 12-15 Italian dinner specials listed for $12.95 pp and served with a small salad + basket of fresh baked crusty bread from PB Boulangerie - a local French Bakery. My husband had a tasty cup of quahog chowder to start. Then the small salads were served on a plate, served with a nice vinagarette dressing. I enjoyed the Chicken Francese served on a bed of angel hair pasta - the tender chicken was seasoned perfectly with a wonderful lemon butter sauce. My husband enjoyed Mussels Marinara dinner. Italian night is a great deal at the Black Cat. I'm not sure if this is available year round, but certainly worth taking advantage of in the winter months. This Italian night meal was so reasonable, we will certainly return!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Pricey”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

The service was good. The food wasn't bad although I think I ordered the wrong dish. The portions were large but I found it to be a bit expensive.

Visited January 2013
phoenix
“Best food during our trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We visited during winter and not many places were open but, The Black Cat tavern was! we had the most amazing lobster rolls, the service was very good. We sat at the bar it was fun and we got to watch some games
you have to try it :)