“Should've known better . . .” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Reservations
Avon, Connecticut, United States
“Should've known better . . .”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I would only recommend Bangkok Kitchen if one had tired of seafood and needed an Asian food fix. Based on other reviewer recommendations, we tried the Tom Ka Kai (soup of chicken in coconut milk with lime and mushroom, $3.95) which was the best of the dishes and delicately flavored; the Yum Nau (grilled beef salad $9.95) which had an off-putting texture and was extremely salty; Spicy Thai Eggplant with pork ($8.95) with little flavor even though we ordered it spicy; and Pad Kee Mao with chicken (flat noodle with onion, scallion and bell pepper $8.95) which arrived as a gooey mess. The restaurant is a BYO without a corkage charge and reasonably priced beer and wine is as close as the Luke's two doors down.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Minneapolis, mn
“Salty and oily Pad Kee Mau”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

This place is cute, and the prices are very reasonable, but I'm not impressed by the food. I've had just as good in the fast-food Asian joints in airports. My Pad Kee Mau was salty and oily, and the chicken in it was overcooked. Fried spring rolls were tough and very light on flavor.

I'd go again if I were hankering for Thai in Hyannis, but I'd give some other place a try if you are looking for really good food.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Frankfort, Kentucky
“Bangkok Kitchen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Amazing food and awesome service!! This place has great reviews and food to match. The outside doesn't attract much attention and I thought twice about eating here and I am sure glad I chose to.

Food is fresh and made to order. There is not much sitting room, but it sufficed for us. There was a steady stream of people coming to and getting orders to go, even at 930pm. The staff was very friendly and attentive.

We both had veggie dishes that were cooked perfect! Veggies were still crisp and delicious and the sauce was just perfect. You have to have the spring rolls, very good side/appetizer.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boston, Massachusetts
“This is the best but it is hidden so you have to find it....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

The food is fantastic! I have been here a few times and I will be back again. This is one of those places word of mouth it is wonderful and the locals know it! It is so small many drive right by it never seeing it. That is ok with me.... means more for us :o) The food is so freash and full of taste! The seasoning is perfect every time! The staff is fast and friendly! There is always a line for take out seeing that there is only 15 places to sit inside. Dont let that detur you it goes by fast and so worth the wait. If you find it you will want to keep it to yourself too...:o)

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great little Thai place.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

We were looking for something different while on vacation and we decided to give this a try. It's definitely a tiny restaurant with limited seating. The service was excellent and the entire staff was very friendly. The food was excellent and inexpensive. I will agree the Pad Thai is the best around filled with chicken and shrimp. The basil duck was also excellent. We will definitely be back next time we are on the cape.

• Visited April 2013