“Disappointed lunch” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Alberto's Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 176 Restaurants in Hyannis
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert, Private Dining
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Alberto's Ristorante was established in 1984 at which time, Northern Italian cuisine and fresh homemade pasta were introduced to Cape Cod for the first time. Since then, we have continued this tradition of all fresh ingredients and in-house preparation of every course from the soups to the desserts. Our reputation for casual elegance arises from our emphasis on decor, service, the pride we take in food preparation, and our affordability. Over the years, we have received rave reviews from food critics from the Cape Cod Times, The Boston Globe, The Boston Herald, Cape Cod Life Magazine, Fodor's, AAA, and New York Times critic James Beard for "...exquisite Northern Italian cuisine". Our lounge is the perfect setting for a before dinner cocktail, an after dinner espresso, or an even more casual meal. .
Osterville, Massachusetts
“Disappointed lunch”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

We were very disappointed with our meals and the service at lunch. We we're seated immediately and place our drink order. A second staff person served our drinks and then we waited...and waited. My husband had to get up and go to the back of the resturant and ask if they forgot about us! They came and took our dinner order and again.....we waited and waited. I joked that they must have ran out of the ingredents and went out to shop! I ordered the Chicken Zingarella which was missing the artichoke hearts which was stated on the menu. Very bland. My husband had the Sinatra which was just ok. The whole terrible experience took about an hour an a half. There were only 4 tables taken so it wasn't that they were to busy with the holiday season. They shouldn't be open to the lunch crowd if they aren't interested in serving them. Over rated. We won't go back.

Visited December 2013
Felis B, Owner at Alberto's Ristorante, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
I am truly sorry for your unpleasant lunch experience with us. The wait is not supposed to be that long and I apologize for the inconvenience. We strive for excellence at both lunch and dinner service hours. I hope you will give us another chance!

Osterville, Massachusetts, USA
“Very Good Italian Cuisine in Hyannis”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

It is a very dependable and reliable Italian cuisine in down town Hyannis and the food and service are both good.

Visited October 2013
Falmouth, Massachusetts
“Gluten Allergy beware”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

We heard a lot of good things about Alberto’s, but our experience was less than enjoyable. While attending a Christmas party in a function room at Alberto’s I was served a meal with gluten. We had reserved a gluten free meal weeks before, confirmed when we arrived, and confirmed when it was served. Unfortunately the waitress did not know if the meal was gluten free and it was brought back to the kitchen. It later returned several minutes later. The staff was kind, but I never saw a manager or chef after the mistake, which made it difficult to trust the waitress. It is too bad; I had looked forward to the meal.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Felis B, Owner at Alberto's Ristorante, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
I would like to apologize for the inconvenience with the requested gluten free meal. The waitress at the time made a mistake with the seat chart and took her little time to fix it. It was brought to my attention after the fact and this is the reason why I did not address it. I assure you the safety of all our guests is our highest priority. I hope we will see you again!
yarmouthport
“Best Restaurant Period”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Fantastic ambiance and a real treat. Started with an appetizer of meatballs,then Caesar salad, then the scallops Nantucket, finally to the braised short ribs, ended it with tarimisu. This is number 1 by far. You be the judge, and I guarantee that you won't be disappointed.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent food but a little pricey”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have always lived on the Cape and have never eaten here until last week. We heard great things about it. We had the appetizer, entree and dessert for $30 each. The bread you first get is dry and the dip is just olive oil with no flavor. The appetizer (Eggplant with cheese) was literally a bite, very small. The lobster raviolis and chicken parmesan were very good.The desserts were incredible!

• Visited November 2013