“Great Lunch” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Boston
“Great Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Stopped by Olive Garden to get relief from hotel. We have been to this OG several times before and service can vary from visit to visit; sometimes we get good continuous service and other times the server drops the salad and breadsticks and is gone for 30 minutes. This time we were sat immediatly, server was promt, took orders quickly, and delivered salad and breadsticks in reasonable time. Refills of salad and breadsticks was good and server checked in frequently. Kids ordered chicken fingers (3 medium fingers total) with pasta (2 kids), the third child ordered as we did which was unlimited soup and salad, chocolate milk for the kids (free with kids meal, 2.20 for 3rd child) and water with lemon for the adults. Choices of pasta (which was minimal at best (3 spins of the fork-spoon combo and it was gone!) include marinara or meat sauce and a white (fettuccini) which we thought was a choice but came to 2.45 extra on a 5.50 kids meal (40%+ increase!) that was only found out upon looking over the receipt; definitely should have been discolsed when order was being placed and is the kind of thing that can leave a bad taste in your mouth after a very pleasant meal. Was asked if kids want refills on chocolate milk but was afraid of being lured into paying for a second drink; again, should be disclosed if free with meal. Chicken gnocchi soup is always good, zuppa toscana was watery (varies from visit to visit), and pasta e fagioli was hearty and delicious. Bill came to $42 before tip for three kids and two adults (fair if not for the pasta surcharge). Management was present and made employees accountable. Would go again but questions which may make you look and feel cheap need to be asked. To bad the restaurant does not fix these idiosyncrasies.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Ridge Manor, Florida
“Great Food at Reasonable Price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Let me start by saying I love Olive Garden and was so happy to find one on the Cape. The decor is the same as any other Olive Garden property; the service is fast and friendly. They have lunch sized portions, so you don't have to try to finish a huge meal. Prices are reasonable and you never walk away hungry.

Visited December 2012
Bourne, Massachusetts
“Not so good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

IAfter swearing this place off some years back, I gave it another try recently. I love Italian food and figured how much could they wreck it. I also stayed away from the chicken that had been tough before. The food this time did nothing to change my mind about this place. Their commercials make my mouth water. Their food makes my mouth (and the rest of me) sad.

Visited September 2012
Fennimore, Wisconsin
“Special night out with the kids”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I have 4 children (the oldest is 8 and the youngest is 1). So you can imagine that we don't get out too often. We received some gifts for Christmas and decided to take the kids out to dinner for a change. We could not have been happier with the way things went. The server was friendly and patient with my children. There was plenty of room to sit and enjoy the meal without feeling like we were disturbing someone else's dinner. Also the food was well done and eaten by all of my children. It was a great night out for us.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hyannis, Massachusetts
“Eggplant - my favorite!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I love the Olive Garden...the eggplant parm is the best...crispy and delicious! Service is always great!

Visited October 2012