“Above average” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Hyannis
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Above average”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

It is a above average chain hotel. Welcoming warm cookie is nice. There was a very big tv in the room but the a/c was a little bit noisy. The pool was closed when we were in front of it however they opened in five minutes after inquiry and I think they don't let people to swim without a lifeguard.

• Stayed March 2013
HYHI, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Cape Cod - Hyannis, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. We're glad that you found us to be above the grade! You are correct about the lifeguard - our town (Barnstable) requires that hotel pools have a lifeguard on duty. We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again as we strive for an A+! Thanks again for writing.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Norwalk, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I remember this property from when it was a Radisson many, many years ago. Many times, hotels just change the name on the outside, but the interior stays grungy. Definitely NOT the case here. Hilton did a great job remodeling all of the rooms and lobby/common areas to make it feel like a new hotel. The room was extremely comfortable. Service was excellent. A couple considerations - the hotel is a drive to most area locales. It is also nearby to the Barnstable Airport - I only stayed 1 night and didn't experience any issues. I would say that Barnstable is generally not a busy airport, so I'm not sure I would consider this an issue, but this is good to note. Regardless, I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
We are so pleased to hear that you had an opportunity to stay our totally renovated DoubleTree by Hilton hotel. It's really gratifying to hear such great feedback and we will certainly share your comments with our team. Thank you for your recommendation!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

I hate hotels where when I walk in, I take in a breathe, feel the air and suddenly I want to puke! But unfortunately, I did! I entered this hotel and I was very uncomfortable. I am very fond of my age, at least to know that the door man and the guy at the front desk were way to old for me even though I could clearly see they were giving me googley eyes! I really didn't like that being I was at this hotel not on a business trip, but with my husband and 4 year old son with two men hitting on me! Any way that was far from the main reason I hated this place! We walked up to our room to find they have us the wrong key! Then when we got in I smelt a strong wif of spoiled poop! We went and looked around and saw it was a decent place but later found stains on the ground and the toilet still dirty! I always get mad at these types of issues and I told the staff but nobody seemed to do crap about it! By this time I was furious! I had a little boy breating in this sick air. Soon came he day of our departure and I could not have been happier! I have liked Double Tree in the past but they won't be Seeing any more of Barb G.

Thanks! Bye

• Stayed December 2012
We have no record of a stay by this individual at our property. We believe this review to be fabricated and have reported it as suspicious to TripAdvisor. Our hotel does not have a doorman. Property is newly renovated. We find it highly unlikely that an individual would continue to stay at this or any hotel based on the comments noted. Please also refer to additional TripAdvisor postings by "Barb G."
Nantucket, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

After having a bad hotel experience We check out at 10pm and called the Doubletree and they had a room for the weekend.. The staff was professional , and caring. Great place for a weekend getaway. Even thought he hotel was filled with hockey teams it was still quite and the staff kept the kids under control. Not like the other hotel!!!! ten stars for a weekend getaway!!!!

Room Tip: room 409 has a jetted tub for 2
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your kind words. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and for taking the time to share your feedback. Hope to see you again!
weston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

stayed here to get an early ferry and not up to double tree standards. popcorn walls every where you turned, tv unplugged on the floor in the middle of the room with wires all around. asked to switch rooms, obviously, and very accommodating and apologetic. second room more popcorn walls but i guess for an overnite it was clean and comfy just ugly.

Room Tip: don't really think there are any..
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
HYHI, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Cape Cod - Hyannis, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at our hotel. We appreciate your candid review of our property and do wish to apologize for the mix-up of room assignment (in error, your original room was not placed "out of order" while a new TV was installed - sorry about that!). We're glad that you found us to be clean and comfy. We regret that the textured wall treatment ("knockdown" ) was not to your taste - it's a treatment that is helpful in deafening sound and often used on Cape Cod. Thanks again for sharing your perspective with us.
Manchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

The remodel is very nice. The gas fireplace was warm and welcoming - especially in winter weather. The room was comfortable, bathroom was well designed and modern. Room was quiet. Room service was good - easy and quick. The staff was very helpful with some room service issues I had and quickly, kindly, and efficiently resolved the problems. Will definitely stay again on my continuing business trips to the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you will be returning for future visits! Thanks again!
Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Newly renovated rooms, the whole facility is clean and bright.
All the staff were very accomodating. Almost like they knew what you were going to ask and were on their way to get it when asked. The meeting rooms were bright with lots of windows. Nothing worse than beeing cooped up all day in a dark room. Our group was engaged because they were paying attention in a nice bright room.

Room Tip: I had a room on the first floor which was convenient to my meeting rooms.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Wow - right back "atcha"! Thank you so much for your 5 "circle" review. We really appreciate that you took the time to write and for your kind words.

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Cape Cod - Hyannis? Share your experiences!