“Good food and Service” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
New York City, New York
“Good food and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Had the pre-fixe dinner. Gourmet meal for a reasonable price. Nice ambiance and attentive service. The mussel appetizer was cooked in a delicious broth and was generous. The main entrees were good and generous portions. The desserts were to die for. Highly recommend this restaurant. Better that most on the cape.

Visited May 2014

Hyannis Port, Massachusetts
“Been there 20 times”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

One of the best values on the Cape. Most of the time we take advantage of prix fixe options. My wife and I enjoy the various selections and not just a couple of low cost choices other restaurants offer. I hope they never stop with this option which includes a glass of wine, small app. And dessert I have had 2 different salmon entries, the steak, shrimp scampi, brazed beef, rabbit, and more. All were very good. As far as the service goes my wife and I enjoy eating at the bar and like both of the guys that are usually there. You have to get to know them. Some of the people who posted reviews don't get the dry humor, light banter and the stress involved with some of the Hyannis Port customers that complain just for the sake of it. Your trying to get everyone in the restaurant drinks, take care of the bar and high tops. They do a great job. The owners are very nice I think there culture is to be very professional and not hanging all over you. They do a fine job and will make it right if your not satisfied. I would put the quality at the same scale as Olde Yarmouth Inn or Alberto's two of our favorites and better than Road House. Most of the staff is at a high level and the prices are best around.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boston
“NEVER AGAIN!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

90 minutes after our reservation, our dinners -- or so we thought -- arrived. My husband's and son-in-law's came first, fruits de mer and short ribs. They did enjoy those. My daughter's and mine, the pork loin stuffed with spinach with white beans and leeks and pumpkin risotto, showed up as chunks of pork with mashed potatoes and green beans. We immediately sent them back since they weren't what we ordered. Several minutes later our waiter asked what was wrong with the dishes. He proceeded to tell us what we ordered wasn't on the menu, which of course it was in black and white. He was getting increasingly angry with us and said he'd send over the manager. After another wait, he came back and asked what we wanted to order instead. The manager hadn't shown up in the interim and we insisted on talking with her. She finally showed up, confirmed that what we ordered wasn't on the menu and blamed the waiter. She did apologize and said the chef would create what we wanted. By then we were so uninterested in eating and not knowing if it would take us another hour to get, we passed. A few minutes later she came by to show us the slip the waiter gave the kitchen -- pork tenderloin. There was no pork tenderloin on the menu, only the stuffed pork loin dish we ordered. She showed us that it was under the prix fixe menu that ended at 6:30. Who'd even seen the prix fixe menu and why would we have ordered something that wasn't available after 6:30? (BTW, before ordering I'd asked the waiter if the pork loin came juicy and he assured me it did.) Believe it or not, it actually did go down hill from there, particularly with the manager. We asked for the check, nothing was comped, and we left upset and hungry. While the food may have been good (had it come), the service and the management's attitude were deplorable. Cross this one off the list.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Downers Grove, IL
“Wonderful service and great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

We had the prix fixe menu for our dinner here -- all night during the week, early dining on weekends. Appetizer, entree, dessert AND wine! Most entrees were priced in the low to mid $20's. About a dozen choices for the entrees. The food was delicious, but the service was top notch. I was amazed to read a prior review that said they had bad service -- I am a former waitress and my husband thinks I attract bad service, but we had perfect service here. Even the busboy was perfect, and he looked to be a teenager. The pace of the meal was perfect; we didn't feel rushed or wonder where the staff had disappeared to either. It was not a prime time to be visiting the Cape, and the weather was truly awful, but dining here was a highlight of our vacation.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
East Falmouth, Ma
“Excellent!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

A real find in Hyannis. It's been open for two years, but we just found it. Wonderful atmosphere (reminiscent of Provence or Tuscany) and friendly, efficient staff. Very expansive menu and all high quality. Great prix fixe choices. We were there on Mothers Day and there were several wonderful choices of three courses plus a glass of wine for $35.

Reasonably priced wine list. There was one French Rose on the wine list, and when we asked our waiter if it was dry he said no, but recommended another that was not on the list. After tasting it, it was excellent and we shared a bottle.

Ceaser and Caprese salads both wonderful. My wife had a very large, very good pork osso buco. (The take home was enough for a full meal for me the next day). The only blemish on the day was that the accompanying mushroom risotto was a little mushy and lacking depth of flavor, although full of wild mushrooms. I had a braised rabbit special. The first rabbit I have found in years that was served on the bone. If you remember eating wild rabbit years ago, this is for you. For dessert we had creme brûlée and an apricot tart, both excellent.

Finally, Bistrot is less than a 10 minute walk from the Melody Tent. A great pre-show choice.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere