“Much Better than Expected - Almost Rated Above Average” 3 of 5 stars

Heritage House Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   259 Main Street, Hyannis, MA 02601   |
Ranked #16 of 22 Hotels in Hyannis
Huntsville, Alabama
“Much Better than Expected - Almost Rated Above Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

After reading the reviews I was expecting to be disappointed in my stay. Upon entry I did detect a smell in the lobby - it way have been chlorine as the pool is close to the lobby. Check in was fine although our reservation, made eight months ago, couldn’t be located. We were offered a rate of $59 including breakfast which was slightly less than the rate of our missing reservation.
I had no problem locating my room and did not find it confusing but our room was in the main building. I used the stairs, not the elevator so I can’t argue the problems others indicate. The room was fine - the bedspreads were old but clean and all the linens appeared clean. I did have to kill a very large silverfish I found on the wall. The AC worked great (although was loud when it ran, which wasn’t often) and there was a nice size refrigerator and flat screen TV. Our room was in the main building. The carpet seemed fine and everything was nice and clean. I had no complaints with the bed and slept well.
This is an older facility but I really couldn’t find anything to complain about - Ok I had one issue: the shower doesn’t have a curved shower rod. My sister, who traveled with us, had a very bad night’s sleep because the people who were in the room next to her talked loudly and the walls were very thin. She said she could hear their TV going well past midnight.
Breakfast was very good: two types of scrambled eggs, bacon/sausage, hash browns, and biscuits and some type of gravy. They had a delicious assortment of breakfast pastries and good coffee. They only had OJ as a juice but it was very good. The only problem was that there were two buses of seniors that were a tad bit obnoxious and abrasive with their demands on the serving staff. These folks were working hard to resupply all of the depleted dishes and the demands of many of the bus members was making the task much more difficult. I’d have enjoyed breakfast a lot better if I’d have been able to eat after the bus folks had left. I will certainly stay here if I find myself in Hyannis again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Was travelling with a bus group & stayed 4 nts. Good location, walking distance to many things. We had 1 dinner here & it was very good. Breakfast buffet had a lot of variety. Only problem was staff shortage in the morning. Somedays there were at least 2 bus groups trying to get a table & the tables couldn't be turned quickly & everyone was in a rush to get on the bus. You had to flag someone down to get coffee. Room was in main building on main floor & it was fine & clean & had a balcony. The view wasn't great but I didn't go there to sit on the balcony. There was a small elevator but the room numbers & their locations were a jumble to figure out. Some people on the 4th floor complained about a moldy smell which was detected as soon as you entered the hallway. There was a computer in the lobby that guests could use. Found staff to be friendly & trying to accommodate your request the best they could, considering they could have used more people. All in all I would stay there again, but of course, depending upon the room.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the main floor with a balcony.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Our travelagent booked this hotel, it wouldn't have been our choise. We had a room in the old building, called Chatham. The bed was okay, the bathroom crammed, the view awfull. The doors from the corridor made us almost turn around. The restaurant from the hotel serves a poor breakfast, limited choise, not tastefull. Staff was okay but no more than that. We will not stay there again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Booked through a travel agent back at home prior to travel. This was the last night of our stay before we travelled back home again. We arrived quite early so we went to reception to ask when we could check in and were greeted with a very abrupt "Yes?". We came back a few hours later to check in and found our room. We were located in one of the other buildings within the site. Straight away we noticed the room was very cold and had a serious stench, all we could smell was mould and the view was into a hedge outside. The room was very outdated and was not very appealing. In the bathroom the lid of the cistern was sitting off and the top of the tissue cover was half off. There was makeup and hairs on one of the towels also. After feeling very annoyed, myself and my partner went to find another hotel and paid a lot of money to stay there. If you want a comfortable and enjoyable stay, DO NOT STAY HERE!!

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Middleboro
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Good if you want a place just to sleep. Food at hotel for dinner was not very good, front desk service just ok. Also, there is a waiter for breakfast that is horrendous. He literally asked me "what do u want now" when i never asked for anything to begin with it was buffet....could not believe it! The waitress for both dinner and breakfast were excellent though. Found out from few people that stayed here the waiter in morning for breakfast did same to them.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is a good price if yoir just looking for a place to lay your head and not have to spend a fortune. You r right in the middle of everything that is going on in hyannis and a block from the harbor which is beautiful and where a lot of tours go out from. Rooms are slightly stuffy and not updated but if your not planning on spending your trip in your room then this is the place to be

• Stayed September 2013
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

staff was very nice, room and bathroom were clean and comfortable (definitely no bed bugs like earlier reviews suggested), hot water in the shower, very good breakfast buffet with different selections everyday, AC worked good, excellent location close to main street, ferry and train station, we visited out of season so outdoor pool was closed, indoor swimming pool and jacuzzi were nice,

Room Tip: pool side rooms have a balcony
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Heritage House Hotel? Share your experiences!