“Great Cape Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Hyannis
Mansfield, MA
“Great Cape Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

Stayed at the Heritage House recently for a getaway weekend. Room was very spacious and clean. The staff were extremely friendly and knowledgable of the area. Was a great landing point as we made quite a few day trips around the Cape. Location was also excellent for a brief walk back from enjoying the restaurants, shops and bars on Main Street.
Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Wakefield, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

Although I work for a major hotel chain, I chose to stay at this property only because other couples had chosen it and we all wanted to be together. I was amazed that it is much more like a hotel than motel or inn. There was none of the usual musty damp smell/atmosphere found in many seashore type motels. The room was immaculate, beds comfortable, grounds, corridors, restaurant and bar showed attention to upkeep. Towels and amenities were refreshed daily and they offered refrigerators in all rooms at no additional charge. Both pools were cleaned every morning, always stocked with towels and life guards were always on duty. The desk staff was remarkable. Tracy assisted me late one evening in securing a reservation after having already booked one on line, when when I discovered that reserving direct with the hotel had more to offer. She followed up with cancelling the old reservation without penalty and called me back to make the new one. Restaurant and bar offered daily food and beverage specials. Location was great and price reasonable. We definitely will return.

Manchester
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

I should have known when I called to book the room the girl who answered the line was rude! She didn't seem to know anything at all! IS this a business? She kept saying um and like! She mumbled the whole time! I was trying to plan a romantic weekend getaway. I asked her about area locations and she just said "yea there's lots to do". I wanted specifics! I wanted to know if I should even wast my time Staying in the hotel or going somewhere better!

I ended up booking the hotel and when we got there, the girl did not book the room that she had told me we would be in! Instead we got an old room with 2 beds. I booked a room with a king size bed and a view! This was a romantic weekend! They charged me for the more expensive room! When I asked to speak to the girl who booked the room they said she was unavailable! I wanted this fixed or my money back! They said they couldn't help me! The Service is a DISGRACE at this hotel!

When we got to the room, it was disgusting! It was not updated, like they recently advertised had been done! The linnens were DIRTY! It was the most disgusting experience ever! I might call the BBB and the Board of health it was that bad!

I will NEVER STAY at this place again!

Do your self a favor! Stay at a nicer hotel! This one is Disgusting!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

Ww booked this stay last minute to have somewhere near the ferry. Front desk manager was great. Room was clean and very good value for the money. They gave us a cot too.

Room Tip: Find best rate online then call them directly and they will match it.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

Hotel was very nice and for the price was excellent. The room decor isnt great but it was very clean and well maintained each day. The pool facilities were the best thing, very clean and it was good to have an indoor and out door pool. Overall very good value for Cape Cod and very well located in between main st and the harbour!

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms best!
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

I arrived alone, without any information about hotels in Cape Cop, a man recommended this place, and I'm happy about that!! Staff is friendy and welcoming, location is nice, price is OK, and rooms are clean and the indoor swimming pool was great (especially because it was snowy outside, I really enjoyed it), a lot of good restaurants are around, and as it's close to the bus station and the port, you can go wherever you want...Cape Cod is wonderful, and this hotel is charming!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

My husband and i just stayed here for 4 nights, and nothing horrible to report. Clean and comfortable. Not a luxury hotel, but for the price, we found it to be just what we expected. Nice pool, both indoor and out. Used the hot tub and that was nice too. Can walk to ferry and bus, also many restaurants and shops also in walking distance. This area is convienent, but not very "quaint". We really liked Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket, and most likely would want to stay there next time, but this was our first time to the cape, and staying here made exploring a little of everything easy. Staff was nice and helpful. Note: we got the "king size, pool view" room. The little buildings off to the side looked ok, but they might be what everyone is complaining about, so be sure to stay in main building.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Heritage House Hotel? Share your experiences!