“*WARNING* Human hair woven into the sheets, pillows, towels. Chipped feces in toilet, hair on the floor in bathroom!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn

Save Saved
You added Rodeway Inn to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   614 Iynnough Road, Rte 132, Hyannis, MA 02601 (Formerly Budget Host Hyannis Motel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #22 of 22 hotels in Hyannis
Nantucket
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I booked this hotel as a stop on the way home after a long trip. I thought the price was right $59.00 since I was only going to be there for max 6 hours just to sleep. I drove up and the place looked low rent but still I went ahead and proceeded to check in. I was about 2:00 a.m and the front desk person emerged from what appeared to be a deep slumber.

I was given my room key and I entered my room and immediately noticed the smell of stale cigarettes. I went into the bathroom and human hair billowed at my every move and sway. I lifted the toilet lid and to my horror there was hard, dry, uncleaned chips of spattered feces on the upper portion of the commode bowl. Disgusted I went to go wash my face and grabbed a wash cloth with human pubic hair trapped and interwoven in the fabric. I had to talk myself of the ledge and reason that I was just here to sleep so I disrobed, changed into my pajamas, peeled back the covers to sleep and discovered MORE human hair all over the dingy white sheets.

I inspected the other bed thinking it would be better but it was worse! More hair and, *ahem* crust and stains. That was the final straw. I called the front desk and said "I'm not sure what your return policy is but I am going to need a refund immediately I cannot lay my head to rest here its very unsanitary".

Thankfully the sleepy front desk man said he would refund me. I called up another hotel at this point it was nearly 3:00 a.m. I got a refund in writing and left that place like a lover scorned in my satin bonnet and PJ's.

I later discovered that people with shall we say a certain lifestyle inhabit this hotel and rent rooms on a weekly basis. I highly discourage anyone who values cleanliness to stay here. if you're cheap and dont care then this is the place for you. SPECIAL ATTENTION TO PEOPLE WITH FAMILIES AND SMALL CHILDREN: PLEASE D NOT BRING YOUR SPOUSE AND CHILDREN HERE ITS NOT SANITARY.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

32 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Never book a lost cost motel in season. This is one of the worst places ever stayed. Last minute trip choice web site showed good rooms. Yuck. Choice already has my review. Old. musty. moldy bed squeak. & so call cont breakfast just came out of the freeze. I wouldn't eat it and I have 35 years of military fod.

Room Tip: Skip it unless you like no comfort or cleaniness
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Stayed here for four nights.
This place is about the best value I found in Cape Cod. Most wanted quite a bit more than this.
Coming out of the motel in the mornings, I found it was hard to make a left turn, so I made a right turn and then a left into a shopping mall to turn around.

Breakfast ok with mini cinnamon rolls, mini muffins and mini donuts.
Great for value.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Fall River, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

This hotel was pleasant to stay at. A lot of the reviews say that it is dated and other bad things. This is a Rodeway Inn, not the Hilton! If you want a 5 star hotel, then pay the money for one!
It was a great hotel for the value! The staff was very friendly and the room was very clean and an average size. We had a non-smoking King bed and it came with the fridge and microwave. It is located on the main strip, so at times it was hard to exit and enter the parking lot and it is very close to the airport, but we didn't hear any noise to be bothered by it. The pool was closed, but it didn't bother us because we don't use it anyway. Hotels are just a place for us to sleep while we on our weekend getaways. We didn't have breakfast there so I don't really know what was offered. Overall, it was a great hotel to stay at for the weekend at a very reasonable rate! The location is the best! It is very close to everything you could need, shopping, grocery stores, restaurants, it is about 5 minutes away from Main St. in Hyannis, where there are plenty of shopping! We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

I arrived late one night and the lobby personnel was very pleasant and helpful. Offered great tips and advice on how to get better deals and rates online. (that never happens!)
I reserved a smoking room by mistake and was able to change that to non-smoking with no problem or fuss.

The room was very clean and comfortable (non-smoking- King bed)
The tub was a little outdated but very clean and great new shower head.
Decent towels.

Location is perfect. Right on the main road and close to everything! Restaurants, mall, beaches, etc..

What i liked most about this place was the friendly service and clean room.
What I liked the least was it's very close to the airport. But you only hear the noise during the day. Other than that it's a great place.

Thank you staff for making my stay comfortable and enjoyable. Happy 4th!

Satisfied Customer from Boston, MA

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

Staff was dry but friendly and the room was clean. Was fine for the night after driving all day. Got a great rate compared to the other hotels in town and felt relatively safe. It's an old hotel but they are trying to renovate it. The only problem I had was the set up of the room--the door opened right to the beds and I didn't like that. Also, the walls are VERY VERY thin and I was awakened to the couple next door engaging in sexual activity. Good for them but bad for me after driving all day. LOL. But it's not a bad place at all--especially if you are on a budget.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Belmont, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

I left a B and B that had an ant problem and found this motel at 10 pm. Yes it is a motel, not B and B. Howver, it is very clean and the owners were wonderful and seem to be working hard on their place.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!