“Decent Enough” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 22 hotels in Hyannis
Manchester, Connecticut
“Decent Enough”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Location is really good, in heart of Hyannis. Steamship Authority, Falmouth is 20-30mins away from where you can take Ferry to Martha's Vineyard. Do not expect too much, its just decent enough. Rooms were clean. Nothing too great, nothing too bad.
Breakfast room is too small though.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

219 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Pompton Lakes, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

We took two rooms in this motel for three nights, to visit the MA coast and Martha Vineyard. The motel rate was modest, but the second room for my sisters had a bad scent, when they went into the room. I called the front desk, and was quick to address the issue. A housekeeper sprayed freshener, but that odor came back after a while. The bathroom in my room too, had a bad drain in the bath tub. The knob closes while you take a shower, that water accumulates if you do not hold the knob open. The rooms were clean, but I wish that they have a small microwave in the room. Likewise, the front office opens at 8AM, so, if you need anything from them, you have to wait till it opens.

Room Tip: Check the room thoroughly upon check-in and request another room if you have issues.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Marlborough, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this motel. He went on a day's fishing trip out of Hyannis Harbor and I stayed in town. Great location to walk the Main Street and do some shopping. Next day we took the fast ferry to Nantucket for a day's visit there....wonderful trip, great weather and fantastic restaurants. Great weekend!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Augusta, Maine, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

The pictures of this Inn make it look so much better than it was- the floors had not been cleaned- behind the mini-refrigerator- we found plastic spoons and potato chips.The bathroom was clean and the beds were comfortable. It was close to town- within walking distance. I would not stay here again- but would pay a little more to have a nicer, cleaner place- I agree the clerks and people that run it are not very nice- the breakfast was fair.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Brampton, Ontario
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this Motor Inn recently while in Hyannis Port.

Although it does have a great location on the Main street just minutes from the Port & Ferries but that is about the only good thing that I can say about this place.

Right from the initial greeting which was lack lustre to say the least to the fact that they charged my credit card right away for the two nights we were going to stay, everything was just really low-end.

We stayed here mostly because we did not want to move to far from the area as we had stayed the previous 4 nights in a much better place and wanted to be close to everything. Plus the rate was pretty good.

But the old adage of you get what you pay for was never more true than with this Motel.

First off, it is old and dated, the rooms seemed clean but everything is so 80's from the tube TV to the old style phone. The property backs onto the bus and train station so you can guess what we heard all night.

They have a pool, which didn't look too bad at first glance, but I said to my wife I don't think a pool is supposed to have a greasy ring around it like a bathtub right after you just gave your dog a bath?

The WIFI was weak and intermittent at best and I gave up trying to research sightseeing for the following day as it took forever to download even the simplest page.

The "Breakfast" that was included was a joke, everything was cut in half, like they were trying to make it stretch to feed everyone. They had Bagels, Bread, Muffins, Cereal etc. but the scary part was that they had a communal knife that was being used for the, Jam, Butter & Peanut Butter, who knows what people had done with that knife? People were lined up like cattle to get at this culinary feast, why I have no idea. The next morning we went to McDonalds for our breakfast.

The last straw was when my Wife turned the water on in the bathroom and it came out brown.

Do yourself a favour and just avoid this Motor Inn, the lower cost is not worth it, unless you like brown water and sharing your butter knife with everyone and their cousin.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Over priced, The room was very small but clean. A very noisy position but it's a very noisy street.
The wifi would not work in the room and we were right next to reception !! They need to fix this !!
Close to the ferry to Martha's Vineyard which was a plus.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Weston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Apparently some other reviewers and I have a different perception of things. This is an extremely low price motel in the center of the largest city for maybe 50 miles. No water view but Big Papi might be able to hit one into Hyannis harbor from the parking lot. It cost me $89.00 for a room with breakfast in the middle of high season bought the same day! Anyone expecting a quaint inn at this price point has not been traveling in my circles.
Is it the St.Regis? Hardly.
But my room was clean although a bit dated. The bathroom seemed the most recently redone, maybe 2-5 years ago, but was very clean. This was a 1st floor room and yes it had darkening shades over the front windows. But it had rear windows with blinds (bathroom's were frosted) looking at town hall next door. I would suggest that most folks staying at a motel in Hyannis are either on a work trip or out of the room as much as possible sightseeing so sheer curtains and room décor are of less interest than at an actual beach resort or someplace similar.
As for safety, we (my teen and I) arrived about 10PM. We immediately headed out to see what was in the neighborhood. About 1/2 mile West we found a number of restaurants, pubs , etc. and a nice Ben & Jerry's where we got luscious cones. On the way back we noted there was a 7-11 type store maybe 1/8 mi from the motel; that also is the location of the Hyannis bus terminal making this super convenient for bus travelers. I saw nothing whatsoever that was scary and in fact a couple other walkers said "hi" to which I reciprocated. It's a small city, not Disneyland.
I have to reply to a few of other reviewer's posts. I heard no "loud drunk people". There are signs to "lock your cars and that they are not responsible" at nearly every lodging's parking area. Same with malls, stores, airports, basically anywhere in the US that has an attorney on retainer. And as to"eventually, they ran out of parking spaces", well the laws of physics and parking zoning rules when this was built dictates that can happen. When we rolled in at 10PM there were only a few left. Sweat began to form on my brow. However as the Town Hall is next door with it's big lot and the bus station almost next door with a big lot I think there is a solution.
Let me sum up: "$89.00 for a room with breakfast in the middle of high season bought the same day". Next time I need to overnight for an early ferry to ACK I'll be back here. If I'm going on a family vacation I'll plan on a couple hundred more a day and get something on the beach.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites / Hyannis? Share your experiences!