08/29- I will keep the experience at ABVI simple. The rooms had webs in plain sight. The bath tub did not drain properly. The windows did not feel safe and could easily be tampered/broken into.
The breakfast is good. The service, I don’t think that any of the two guys at the front actually have any education in hotel management, as when a Real situation happened, they didn’t know how to take care of it. The only thing they were good for is to tell you where to find the best fish n’ chips.
The real situation that happened is that the 3 night stay of 300$ ended up cost me 6000$ in car damages. As after our full day excursion, we came back to the hotel to find that our car had been hit and to go to the office. Just to go to the office, the person there did not know anything. Another client had hit our car which was parked while we were at Martha’s Vineyard. It was Shifted out of it’s parking spot- two dents, and back bumper almost falling off. As per our home location we need a police report for any damages over 500$, so we asked the employee to call the police station and he didn’t have a clue what number to call, so he called some number which had only an answering machine- obviously it was 11pm. Just dial 911 and they will dispatch the call properly. Anyway the police came and was not sympathetic and did not make the report but siding with the other driver who had hit the car. The other driver said she was really tired driving from Albany and just smashed into our car. The whole time the employee was smirking and smiling… I called him up on it and he said he was not laughing at us.
The next day we went to the police station and the officer said the other cop should have made a report.
Anyway the next day- I asked the employee as checking out, if they can waive my room charge as it was paid upon check in- and he said so heartlessly it’s not the hotels fault with a smirk on his face- no customer service skills or compassion. The insurance will cover the damage, that’s not the point. It could have happened anywhere, but the way the staff dealt with it like shaking their head and smirking is not the kind of service you would find at better hotel chain. They need more speed bumps in the parking lot, as there is only one in the front. And I heard people speeding in there. The parking spots are really tight, and people drinking in the parking lot.
Our vacation was completely ruined after the first day. Have never stayed at ABVI and never will again. I know this hotel will not bankrupt or shut down as we all keep giving them a chance like I did despite the mixed review. There is a lot to be said about customer service skills and mannerism, just know what you are getting yourself into.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Inn & Suites / Hyannis Hotel
- Americas Best Value Inn And Suites / Hyannis
- Americas Best Value Inn & Suites / Hyannis Hotel Hyannis
- Americas Best Value Inn Hyannis
- Americas Best Value Inn Hotel
- Americas Best Value Inn & Suites / Hyannis Cape Cod, MA
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Seasonal Property- Open April 15th thru October 31st, Americas Best Value Inn and Suites Cape Cod is a wonderful 2 floor, 84 guestroom property conveniently located in Hyannis, the heart of beautiful Cape Cod. Our tastefully decorated guestrooms offer modern in-room conveniences and quality amenities for the comfort of our guests. The name says it all - comfortable and quality accommodations at a valued price. Perfect getaway for couples and vacationing families. Relax and enjoy the value. We are centrally located in Downtown Hyannis' "famous Main Street Waterfront District". Our hotel is a short walk to Hyannis Harbor, ferry services to Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket, Cape Cod Scenic Railroad, the Kennedy Memorial, the beautiful beaches, and wonderful Main Street shopping which has waterfront dining. Our inn is the best value for clean and comfortable rooms in Cape Cod. Enjoy our gigantic indoor heated pool and outdoor pool with a sundeck. Guestroom amenities include wireless internet, refrigerators, premium cable TV, telephones, air conditioning, and a complimentary breakfast. You'll find it all at Americas Best Value Inn and Suites. We're right on Main Street in Hyannis, the very heart of the Cape...always close to the sights and sounds that make a visit to this wonderland a perennial joy artists' colonies and museums, stores and charming antique shops, restaurants, movies and summer theaters, churches. Everywhere there are meandering roads and picturesque villages. Nearby are challenging golf courses, boat rentals, and superb fishing facilities. Fine, safe beaches on Lewis Bay and Nantucket Sound are mere moments from our door. One stay and you will come to realize what others already have and what has made Americas Best Value Inn so welcoming for so many. So book with Americas Best Value Inn and Suites in Hyannis today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Americas Best Value Inn & Suites / Hyannis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.