“A Great Time in Hyannis” 5 of 5 stars

Hyannis Holiday Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   131 Ocean Street, Hyannis, MA 02601   |
Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Hyannis
Shelter Island
“A Great Time in Hyannis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2010

We had a great time at Hyannis Holdiay. We had the best room with a view of the harbor. The owner/manager was welcoming and all the staff had smiles. An outstandiing value.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Blagoevgrad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2010

I stayed at the motel for the weekend this august. I was looking for a comfortable place for a reasonable price, and I wasn't disappointed. For 125 bucks I got a standard double room, with an air conditioner, phone and pretty decent TV. I was also offered a fridge for an additional fee of $5, which is not that much compared to the other motels. What I liked the most was the cleanliness of the room and bathroom. I get really picky at this point, but I had no objections to the staff of the motel. The service was great, the clerks at the front desk were really helpful. All in all the Hyannis Holiday Motel is really nice play to stay on your vacation and I would definitely recommend it to my friends. Plan to to say there during my next visit to Hyannis.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Blagoevgrad, Bulgaria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2010

I was in the cape at the end of may , and i was looking for a decent cheap place to stay. I was looking for a place that would be in a reasonable walking distance to the beaches and Hyannis' Main Street. So I ended up staying at the Hyannis Holiday Motel. The motel is fairly priced and is probably as close as you can get to the beaches, and only two blocks from Main Street. It looks a little old but so does everything else on the cape.
The service at the motel is great. Check-in didn't take more that 5 minutes. The office people are very helpful. They're from the cape so they pretty much know everything that's going on. They also have some discount coupons for the ferry and some restaurants near them so that was a pleasant surprise.
I ended up taking their standard double room, which is also their cheapest. The room is exactly how a hotel room should be, clean and comfortable. The room had two double beds, a TV ,air conditioner, phone(free local calls), small table and some chairs. Only thing you don't get free with the room is a fridge, you'll have to pay $5 per night for a small one which is again a reasonable price. So the room is pretty basic, and is excellent for those of you who aren't going on a vacation to watch TV.
The Bathroom in the room was absolutely spotless. Towels were snow white. Never had problems with shower pressure. I always bring my own soap , shampoo and shaving creme so I can't comment on the soap and shampoo you get there. No hair dryer but you can get one at the front desk (for free of course).
The motel also has two pools but i was looking for a motel close to the beach to sit by the pool.
Sleep Quality was good, although do expect noise from the ferry every now and then, and Ocean Street is a busy one because it runs to the beaches so people are driving back and forth.
All in all this was a great motel for a great price. I would definitely Stay there again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Noname
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2010

I can't say that the owners are not nice people, but the place is old cheap, run down, terrible beds, cheap towels, soap, old furniture, old carpet, good location, not the best deal and loud area across the street from the Ferry System & Harbor. However, all of Hyannis seems to be cheap and rundown. Don't be fooled by a nice website and pictures. The place really needs to be fixed up.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Newark, Delaware
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2010

This Inn is in sorely needed remodeling..rooms are dated,repairs to items slipshod, free internet access is poor at best, constantly looses connections,towels and ammediates are minimal quality,office area is dated and very poorly maintained,motel lacks handicapped parking spaces, sliding doors to enter rooms are worn out and locking devices are in poor condition, bathroom windows are sealed shut, and fixtures are worn, pitted and in poor condition.no refrigerators or microwaves in rooms or available if needed. Only plus to staying at this inn is it's close to the ferry dock.. the complimentry breakfast is miminal, prepackaged pasteries.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

I stayed there last week with my 16-year old son. We paid $160 a night for a bay view. Uhm, well--- perhaps if we moved the plastic lawn chair that was in the room and stood on it, we might could have seen the water. But that paled in comparison to the fact that: (1) There is no blow dryer in the room (which I discovered after coming out of the shower); (2) there is no coffee maker in the room, and (3) there is no alarm clock.
No problem, I thought. We'll just call the front desk for a wake-up. We had been on an evening harbor cruise, so it was 11pm before I was retiring for the night and discovered that the room had no alarm clock, so I called the front desk. THE FRONT DESK CLOSES and if it is after 10:45pm or so, you can't reach the front desk until morning. Since we had to catch a plane in Boston the next morning, I literally SAT UP ALL NIGHT because I was afraid I would not her my cell phone alarm. The night we stayed, there were multiple crowds of young college-somethings having beer parties in the parking lots and on the cement hallways that you have to pass through the get to the room. I had to ask several times for the loud, drunk college kids to move out of the way so I could get into my room. The room itself looks like it came from the 1950's. It was dirty looking, and instead of a bottle of shampoo or conditioner, they provided a sample pack of the sort that you would get free as a sample (the kind that comes in a plastic pouch that you have to tear open. It was enough for half of a shampoo for one person). The towls looked like hand towels. I am not a big person, but it wouldn't even go around me. The young people who work at the front desk are smug and indifferent. There was one nicve older gentleman and an older lady who were there when we checked in, but I never saw them again after that. IF YOU ARE GOING TO CHARGE NEARLY $200 (with tax), for the Love of God---- give me a Blow Dryer, a coffee maker, and a towel that fits an adult! There is one nice quality about this place--- it is literally across the street from the harbor boat that takes you to Martha's Vineyard. Other than that, I was extremely disappointed and rather stunned by the lack of amenities. There is a Days Inn and Holiday Inn down the street--- I would highly recommend you check a chain if you are looking for basic amenities. If you want to go for '50's decor, maybe this is the place for you. Oh yeah--- and there is NOT a business center or even a computer in the lobby that you can use. Holy Cow-- I had more amenities when I went tenting with a boy scout troop.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

We were only in Hyannis for an afternoon and evening, but that was long enough at the Holiday. It's close to Main Street with all the restaurants and bars and to the harbor, but the room itself is very "beachy" - no decent place to sit outdoors, skimpy towels, and hard beds. The bathroom was postage-stamp size, and the water pressure dropped like a stone when the upstairs guests turned on their shower. I'm glad I was there for less than 24 hours, or I would have definitely looked for another place to stay.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to Hyannis Holiday Motel? Share your experiences!