“Interesting place; worth a trip with kids; some problems.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Cape Codder Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Cape Codder Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Cape Codder Resort & Spa
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   1225 Iyannough Road, Route 132 & Bearse's Way, Hyannis, MA 02601   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Cape Cod Package
Ranked #6 of 22 hotels in Hyannis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Providence, Rhode Island
“Interesting place; worth a trip with kids; some problems.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Our family of 5 went for one night during spring break week.

1) Pool was very fun. My kids ages 6 and 11 loved it. My 15-yr-old wouldn't go near it. Definitely a kiddie scene, although not for toddlers. If not for the pool, we would not have chosen this property. We did not use the outdoor pool, as the weather outside was quite cold. Indoors, there are 2 water slides (height requirement is about 42 or 44 inches?), a wave pool, and a large jacuzzi pool. Lifeguards were omnipresent, although I wouldn't leave my child unattended there. There were no towels available when we were there -- evidently they were all in the laundry.

2) Room was clean and -- well, you know, your basic hotel room. It was fine. Beds comfortable, pillows fine, etc. However, a lot of noise came through the door to the hallway. Some people do not control their kids. Children were running through the hallways and shouting at all hours. I set my iPhone White Noise app on full volume and that worked fine.

3) There was a problem at the front desk that kind of freaked me out. At check-in, we were given working keys to someone else's room. However, when I came back to the desk to report the problem, everyone was appropriately horrified and very apologetic. They gave us pool wristbands for the extent of the next day as compensation. So -- that was a REAL problem, but I thought the management handled it quickly.

4) Would we return? Certainly not without kids -- I do not know why people would go to this place as a "girls' weekend" or a romantic vacation. I might go back with the younger kids for a cure to the winter blues. The indoor pool was a welcome break to the freezing weather outside!

746 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I had been here maybe a year ago with my kids, but went recently with my fiancee. I was a little concerned as it was Spring Vacation, but not only is there so much to do, but the pool staff was so on top of maintaining a great environment for everyone that we were able to enjoy the property and each other.
As for the room, we got a loft which was not only huge, comfortable and accomodating, but between the fireplace and the Jaccuzi tub, well, we had a wonderful time.
Also, the outside heated pool was fantastic during the adult only time from 8 to 9pm
I'll (oops) We'll be heading back for sure.
FYI I emailed the hotel to ask what mattress they had because I don't think I've slept that well in a long time. I hope I can buy one.

Room Tip: I've stayed here a couple times and each time has been nice, but if you are looking for a romant...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Amesbury, Massachusetts, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I took my family on a mini vacation during their April break. I chose the Cape Codder after seeing an ad in AAA. The wave pool looked interesting, but was designed for younger children of maybe 10 or less. I was a little disappointed especially at the rate they were charging. The room was clean and housekeeping did an excellent job of keeping it that way. The fireplace in the room added a little ambiance and the kids liked it when it was lit. It was a nice ending to the day.The resort was well kept. The outdoor pool was a little to cold although I couldn't keep the kids out of it. The hot tub was great. It was nice to feel all the tension escape my weary bones. They did have a lot of activities for kids to keep them busy.

Room Tip: Request a room with a fireplace
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

My family and I (kids 10, 9, and 5) stayed at the Cape Codder for 3 nights over the recent April break. We chose this resort solely for the pools and indoor water park, and based on those features, weren't disappointed. The kids had a fantastic time on the water slides, in the wave pool, and jumping from pool to hot tub and back (both the indoor and outdoor ones). The kids probably spent at least 3 hours cumulatively in the water every day. Apart from that, everything was very average. Room was acceptable, and clean, however, the attached Hearth & Kettle restaurant, where we ate breakfast twice due to the convenience, was pretty poor - you can definitely find better elsewhere in Hyannis. The entire place was filled with families and young kids. There were some teenagers, but they looked somewhat bored, as the water park is much more suited for younger kids (up to about 12). In the end, our kids were reluctant to leave and were already asking when we could come back. We may return, but will likely try some other family places first.

Hampton, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We recently spent two nights at the Cape Codder. We enjoyed the indoor water park and outside pool. My five year old daughter and I enjoyed a pedicure at the spa. The children's activities were nice and we especially enjoyed roasting marshmallows outside. The location is great, we are planning on visiting again.

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Grew up on the Cape , but reside in Boston now . Was here for a girls weekend . GREAT time . The Cape Codder never lets us down . Great suites , incredible spa , we splurged on massages, mani - pedis and body wraps . Fantastic . this place has it all . Will come again !

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Norwich, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

Mine and my sisters family stayed here labor day weekend and loved it!!! Even though all the activities had stopped the day after we got there we had a great time!!! We enjoyed day 1 by the outdoor pool which has coctails and food delivered poolside...a 3 man band played during happy hour and dinner on the outside deck was delightful!!...we are planning on going back this summer fo sure!!

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Cape Codder Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!