“fun winter family trip” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cape Codder Resort & Spa

You added Cape Codder Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Cape Codder Resort & Spa
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   1225 Iyannough Road, Route 132 & Bearse's Way, Hyannis, MA 02601   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Enchanted Village Package
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Hyannis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Foxborough, Massachusetts, United States
“fun winter family trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Perfect place to go swimming in the cold winter days. Our 15 month old had a blast in the wave pool meeting other kids and my husband and I enjoyed a late night dip in the outdoor salt water pool and Jacuzzi. Reasons for not a 5 star - pool closed too early 9pm and 10 pm for wave pool. outdoor pool seemed like it would be small for busy season but it was great for the crowd on Friday-Saturday off season trip. We had an excellent time and will return next year!

Room Tip: room service breakfast pricey but huge portions. Value- we went off season and saved with 40 winks s...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

After reading some of the reviews, I have to agree that there seems to be a lot of groups with children who are running amuck! A little annoying but I expected it to be somewhat chaotic with the wavepool and kids activities. We overlooked it and had a good time in spite of that. I love that the hotel is famliy friendly( I have a 12 yr old) I don't blame the hotel for unruly children (hint, hint). Also, the hotel is kind of confusing to find your way around. More signs would help I think. Overall, a good experience for a quick getaway for families. The rooms were very nice and very clean. I like that that they have an adult only swim outside at 9:00pm (I think) maybe it could start a little earlier like 8:00 PM. The Heart and Kettle for Breakfast was very good and the waitstaff were very nice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Lincoln, Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

My husband and I decided to take the kids for weekend to celebrate our anniversary. The place is clean and the kids really enjoyed the indoor park. Next time, I will call to see if they are expecting private groups or having a private event. A group was there and they took over some of the facilities that was off limits to the rest of the guests. We were given dirty looks when we tried to sit next to the fire pit.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

If you're looking for a place to bring the kids- look no further. It local and they have lots of activities to keep the kids busy! Indoor water park with an adult friendly jaccuzi and sauna. Outdoor pool was a little cold for my taste but the outdoor jaccuzi was terrific! It was 18 degrees out and we were in the jaccuzi! Great live music in the hotel restaurant. Movie's at night for the kids and lots more! highly recommend. LOVED the mattress! Thinking of buying one for my home.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is my first bad review on TripAdvisor. It is ironic, as I truly like this hotel and its features!

We went to the Cape Codder, where we had stayed several times before, for a long weekend getaway, (Martin Luther King Weekend) leaving our younger children with our young adult daughters. Unfortunately, a youth football group was there, too. The parents and coaches of those boys should be thoroughly ashamed of those children and their chaperones! It isn't like I have no sympathy for chaperoning...with 4 kids I have done my share. It is work, but not *that* hard to keep kids behaving well. The first step is to stay with them, but these kids were allowed to wander unsupervised.

The hotel has a "Code of Conduct" for youth groups, but it is not enforced, nor is there a requirement that kids under 12 or 14 be accompanied by an adult. As a result, groups of 6-8 10-12 year olds were racing through the halls, nearly knocking down a woman on crutches, hiding in alcoves, to jump out at others passing by, 8 year olds tossing balls next to plate glass (their mother excused this because they were only 8 and were the champions!), and swarms of kids late at night tearing down "do not disturb" signs, and tossing around the doorknob breakfast orders (all those frustrated people who didn't get their ordered breakfasts!)

The hotel also has terrible signage, and is rather a maze of hallways...to the point that when guests stop and chat, the "go to" conversation starter isn't the weather, it is how lost they are! A few years ago, I had suggested several fixes to the management, none were taken. The maids get lost, when assigned to a different section of the building. The front desk clerk told me they get constant complaints, as well as similar suggestions to mine...but none are ever used.

I love the spa, I love the rooms, comfortable and clean. There are two restaurants, a family friendly chain and lovely high end...but we may not go back. I complained in writing, and have heard nothing. And, really, how hard would it be to add color coded stripes and bigger signs to the halls? And to require youth groups to be chaperoned? If you book here, call ahead to make sure there are no youth groups to wreak havoc with your vacation, and be prepared to pay careful attention to where you are, and count halls as you pass them!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

lots of activities for young families at the resort as well as in the nearby area. The wave pool seemed to be a favorite year round attraction.
we went for a quick get away and stayed only one night but the king room with fireplace was spotless and the bed very comfortable. the fireplace is actually 2 sterno cans that you light to give that flame affect.It gets the job done and we enjoyed it when we returned to the room after a very nice dinner at the gran cru restaurant on site. steak au poivre was prepared just right and the baked seafood was very good also(salmon,shrimp,scallops,cod).
we had excellant massages at the spa and the massueses very proffesional, especially enjoyed the hot towel wraps around my feet.
would def return for another stay.

Room Tip: we liked the first floor room with sliders out to the parking lot. made access to the car a lot more...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Natick
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Things for the whole family to do.
Lots of activities for the kids. Really enjoyed
the outdoor year round pool. Take some
time for yourself and enjoy the spa. Which
is also kid friendly.

The room are clean and well kept up. The staff
is very professional.

Room Tip: Are room was near the out door year round pool which I wanted as I knew we would be going to the...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Cape Codder Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!