“What a great get-a-way!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cape Codder Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Cape Codder Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Cape Codder Resort & Spa
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   1225 Iyannough Road, Route 132 & Bearse's Way, Hyannis, MA 02601   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Hyannis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“What a great get-a-way!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I got engaged about a month ago and wanted to take my fiancee somewhere special and didn't want to wait until it was warm outside. I had heard of the Cape Codder's indoor pool and hot tub and thought that might be fun. From the moment we checked in everything just went well. There were more staff at the front desk than guests so I didn't have to wait to check in. We headed up to the room and I've never seen a more romantic setting from the really high king bed to the fireplace to the shower with more jets than I have toes! Turns out they also have a heated outside pool. Nothing beats swiming outside all nice and warm when its 30+/- degrees! We went to their wine bar for an app and some wine and just sat back and relaxed. We didn't stay for the music, but heard it is usually nice. The indoor wave pool was nice, lots of kids, but well behaved and well supervised by staff and parents. We were still able to enjoy the pool eventhough it is primarily a family draw. Suffice to say I (oops!) we'll be going back.

Room Tip: They have added to the property over the years and the newer rooms are lovely. Although it may be an...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

From the moment I first entered the Front Lobby of the Cape Codder, I was greeted by a warm, crackling fire and the smell of holiday potpourri. It was clear to me that the staff paid attention to details, and that they understood the importance of creating an environment that allows people to have a unique experience. My initial impressions were confirmed once I met with the staff and shared with them my vision for the program I was planning for my group, and we have been coming back ever since. Every person from every department that I have interacted with has provided us with outstanding service, often going above and beyond what my hopes and expectations would have been. The facilities are gorgeous, the food is delicious, the prices are outstanding and the spa is delightful. Everyone at every level of this establishment understands what it means to provide excellent service, and delivers this each and every time my group comes to the hotel. My credibility as a presenter relies on making the right choices for the experiences I provide for my clients. If you take great pride in the quality of experience you provide, you can entrust your name and reputation with the staff at the Cape Codder: I do, and I have never been disappointed!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I had seen the commercials for this and wanted to go because the kids liked the idea of a wave pool like the one at Water Country. It is close because we live in Boston and we needed a break. It was easy to get to. Our room was small, and the rollaway cot for my teenager sank in the middle, but we weren't in the room that much so that was small beans! When we arrived, there were activities going on that were perfect for all ages! I was shocked that they had a heated outdoor pool that was open...and people were using it!!! There was a bear building workshop, cookie decorating, etc. The dinner at the Hearth & Kettle was wonderful! The breakfast was "man-sized compared to IHOP"...my 9 year old daughter's words, not mine! The wave pool was perfect for those of us who couldn't swim! My husband loved the waterslide. There's even an arcade that my kids loved! (Some of the prizes were better than what I have seen at our local G-Whizz arcade in Dorchester's Boston Bowl.) They offered movies in one of the banquet rooms, would have liked that they be a little more recent releases (they showed Open Season--not exactly something to keep the kids' attention). All in all, a good two day trip! We will definitely do this again. Next time, maybe a bigger room if one is available. Be mindful, this is a time-share property.

Room Tip: There is a nice pizza place across the street if you don't want to pay the higher prices for foo...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Andover, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Pros:
- members of the hotel staff were friendly
- gave us a free upgrade to a court yard view room
- great wood burning fireplace in lobby
- extremely well decorated for Christmas
- pool is large - waves can be rough for small kids
- restaurant food is above average for a hotel
- lobby and rooms are updated
- very family friendly

Cons:
- limited space for toddlers to sit in the pool (waves)
- bathrooms are european smal
- hallways are very drafty
- hallways feel old and semi-damp

Room Tip: No real reason to pay for the "court yard view"
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Cape Codder is warm and friendly place. The staff and facility are very family friendly. The indoor and outdoor pools are great! The rooms were very clean and well maintained. The staff was helpful and the services helpful

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Hopedale, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We take a little vacation 2 or 3 times a year at the Cape Codder and always have a great time there. It's such a great place for families to enjoy themselves. you really don't even have to leave the resort. On a vacation week it's jam packed with things to do with your kids. Of course the wave pool is the main attraction but our kids love Marcus the magician, face painting, arts and crafts, zoo animals, the arcade, the Bonn fire the movies and at Christmas the enchanted village is not to be missed. The out door pool is so beautiful too. The Hearth N Kettle has a great menu, with lots of home style choices too. Over all the Cape Codder is a great family resort with great rooms and rates. You really get a good value for your money. One other point. the resort has a great restaurant for adults "The Grand Cru", the Plum spa, adult only swim in the outdoor pool with a beautiful hot tub, so if you are looking for a great place and don't have kids, it's great too.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for one night December 19th with three kids. Lots of children's activities and my kids had a blast. Good value for families. Rooms are just o.k, but my kids don't care about that anyway. One tip- bring goggles for the kids swimming in the indoor pool. We stayed during a very slow weekend. I imagine it can get crazy when at full capacity. Will go back next year.

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Cape Codder Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!