“Exceptionnel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 22 hotels in Hyannis
Viroflay
“Exceptionnel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Very nice hotel (actually motel): the decoration is really warm and could come right from a "Home Magazine", the rooms are large, beautiful with such a pretty view on the marina. Very good bathrooms with excellent welcome products and so soft towels. The beds are very comfortable and large. Large balcony with seating. Breakfast has a large choice and the room is very nice, you really feel at home. I can imagine how nice it should be in winter with the fireplace and Christmas decoration. Our kids were a little disappointed by the swimming pool: lots of little flies in it at the evening.
Large parking lot. Location is excellent and you can walk to the Hyannis Line departure (traditional and high-speed), about 15/20 minutes.

Room Tip: I would recommend the "Cotuit", corner room with a very large view on the marina. At the e...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

611 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

This place is a little unusual. Some of the rooms have doors inside the main building and some have doors which are outside in motel fashion. My friend and I had room with outside doors which, in January, makes for a chilly dash to breakfast.

My room accommodated 2 queen beds but did not feel very spacious. It was clean though and pleasant enough and it came with warm bed-covers available. The bathroom was small but clean and functional. There was a bright light outside which meant that it wasn't that dark for sleeping. The noise from people walking around upstairs was quite bad. Lots of creaking from the building and stomping from them. They seemed to be roaming around at 1am and 3am so I didn't catch up on much sleep.

There is a nice view of the water from the sitting room which guests can use. There is also a roaring fire and a good variety of board games. My friend and I spent some time in this cosy room admiring the view and trying out the games. It's also the room where you eat breakfast. The breakfast did not offer a massive variety of foods, however, what there was was of good quality and tasty.

The lady on reception was friendly and helpful.

I like to go back in the summer some time and try and different room - one with no one upstairs.

Room Tip: Don't be under another room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
AnchorInHyannisowner, Owner at Anchor In Hotel, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Valued Guest. Thank you for your review. It is our goal to meet or exceed all your expectations. We make room assignments at the time of every reservation and do our very best to match our wide variety of guest rooms and views with each guests preferrences. We are sorry to hear that we fell short of your expectations. We certainly look forward to your next visit and it would be our pleasure to assist you personally from start to finish.

95% of our guest rooms have a concrete floor between floors, eliminating between floor noise transmission. 95% of our guest rooms have an inside corridor. Many of our guests request the few guest rooms with an outside entrance. Every guest room in addition to shear curtains, has black out curtains which block out 100% of exterior light and ensures your privacy.

We look forward to making your next trip to Cape Cod a most memorable one.

Lisa and Skip Simpson
Marstons Mills, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Caught without electricity during a blizzard for over 85 hours and called several hotels
to get a warm place to stay. Most hotels were full and I found the Anchor Hotel, although
I have lived here for over 40 years. I arrived depressed, a little angry, and dirty but
their kind reception and exceptional staff took care of me which is more than I could
have hoped for. Although the snow was piled high during my stay the view of the harbor
and surroundings was exceptional. I would definitely recommend this fine establishment. It is an exception on Cape Cod to find mannerly owners of establishments welcome you with such enthusiasm.

Room Tip: I believe all rooms face the harbor and pool area. Two floors with easy access.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for my birthday and loved our room with the jacuzzi tub. The room's warm toned colors and tastefully decorated room helped was beautiful and relaxing. the room had a wet bar which was fabulous. Breakfast was delish. Couldn't ask for a nicer getaway. We would come back again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Wayne NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We stay here once a year when we visit Cape Cod. Great location and staff. You are a block away from the Steamship Authority dock so parking for the ferries to Nantucket is not an issue.
The rooms are super clean and very roomy, we like the ones on the end of the building that face the harbor, the Cotuit and the Centerville. Those have 2 sets of sliding doors one facing the harbor and one on the side. Great for sitting out having morning tea and watching the boat traffic.
Conveniently located in the center of the Cape, lots of great breakfast places in Hyannis a short drive into the center of town, although the continental breakfast there is very good. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Bedminster, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I have stayed at this inn before. This time I was arriving very late in the evening and Francis at the front desk gave me a taxi number to call to get me to the inn, i had to have something faxed from my business and the front desk staff had it waiting in an envelope for me. All seemingly small concessions but they made such a difference to my experience. The beds and pillows are so comfortable and breakfast in the pleasant fireplace dining area such a treat. I will be returning again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Skowhegan, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

The place has had a makeover the last couple of years which is just spiffy. The place is very near the island connections so it is perfect when one arrives late at night to catch an early boat. The island rate is much appreciated by those who must spend time off isle and need to return often! The breakfast room opens soon enough for a cup of tea and bagel in time for the voyage.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Anchor In Hotel? Share your experiences!